It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ranai
Newborn
Newborn

Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here Empty
PostSubject: Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here   Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 5:46 am

Hello everyone and thank you for taking the time to read this Smile
Last week I got a little husky puppy named Odin. He's 9 weeks Old and is a happy and playful puppy.
He's the first dog in my family and house. The only Animals we had in the house were my sisters cats and a turtle.
I'm working in a small local live venue production company and work only weekends so with most of my week being home I decided to get a puppy because I always wanted a dog and I never was in a better position to get one. After a lot of research i prepared the whole house, the people around me and stuff for him.
Since he's still so young i take him out frequently to do his business. The first few days were a peeing mess, now we made a lot of progress and he wakes me up when he needs to go. Before we go to sleep I take him on a "long walk" that's like 400m long and that takes us like 30 min so after that he's sleeping till around 4.30AM-5AM when we go out. And from then on we go out every hour or so.
In the house he's mostly sleeping and being quiet when we don't play with him.

Two things I need to work on with him are excitement when we go in the house and biting.
What I mean with the first thing is that after we get in the house he just has his 10 min of craziness where he's barking on everyone and biting everything, running around the house like crazy. It's not a problem for me. But from time to time I have a 8 year old niece in the house and being the smallest in the house, she's his prime target for biting and jumping in play. His bites became painful and we try to let him know and to discourage that behavior by telling him "No" and giving him toys instead, but his excitement is so strong that the only thing that helps is "cooling him down" in my room being alone with me. I understand that his teeth are going out and that it's tough for him too, but I'm afraid that that behavior will continue with time. I'll try to give him frozen carrots to numb the gums to see if it will help.

Here are a few of Odins photos I hope you enjoy Smile
Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here Nwtg5CX
Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here LiKr6kq
Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here GIbdLV2
Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here ApK3ES6
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here   Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 10:49 am

He's a cutie. Welcome to the forum. Puppies can be a fun challenge. I would suggest people not give him attention when he comes in and is being crazy. Is he getting to play when he's outside before he comes in? Even during teething biting and nipping should be treated as a no no and if he does it stop all play and walk away from him. As for jumping on your niece, have something ready to lure him away. Redirect him off her with something that he can focus on that isn't her while you work on his manners.

Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here   Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here EmptyWed Nov 14, 2018 12:51 pm

He is such a cutie. What Jenn said. Also - for quick rscue of your niece, try keeping a lash on him in the house - that way you can grab him off quickly.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here   Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here EmptySun Nov 18, 2018 6:17 pm

hi, welcome to the forums. he is adorable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here   Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here Empty

Back to top Go down

Hope you have place for my little Odin and me here

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1