It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Walking on the leash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

Walking on the leash - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walking on the leash   Walking on the leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:18 pm

[quote="MelissaI] Omg, her tongue is SO LONG!!! Kody's isn't that long. I want to see Frankies..haha!![/quote]

Every picture Kristina has taken at meet ups, Frankie's tongue is hanging to the ground. Kristina and I comment on it all of the time, Laughing
Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

Female Join date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the leash   Walking on the leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:33 pm

I'm so glad I am not the only one. My dogs do the EXACT same thing as yours Melissa (minus the constant jumping). They get out of breath before we even get out the door! I just get so annoyed and upset with them that I probably don't make it any better. What tips did everyone give you that you have been doing?

Dee&Frankie wrote:
When Frankie pulls on the leash, I turn around and walk in the opposite direction. When he starts pulling again, I go in the opposite direction. When we were first training, I looked like a complete idiot and was turning every 2 seconds, almost making myself dizzy.

I definitely am going to feel like an idiot but it is so worth a try! I have a feeling I'll be stuck on the sidewalk in front of my house for a good 20 or so minutes. lol
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the leash   Walking on the leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:40 pm

Yeah, I think I was stuck going back and forth within 5 ft for the longest time. But the mental energy Frankie put in was exhausting and he was nice and tired after.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the leash   Walking on the leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Back to top Go down
KaylaNL
Puppy
Puppy
KaylaNL

Female Join date : 2011-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the leash   Walking on the leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:02 pm

I'm glad Blitz is a lazy husky, if he doesn't get walked he doesn't care - doesn't go crazy and destroy or chew things, just sits around and sleeps. But I would rather get him and Bullet exercised! Ugh I guess I'm just going to have to suck it up and try and train him. Worse comes to worse I will write Cesar Millan and plead for help! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking on the leash   Walking on the leash - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Walking on the leash

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2