It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Need Help Choosing Please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wendy1B
Newborn
Newborn

Need Help Choosing Please  Empty
PostSubject: Need Help Choosing Please    Need Help Choosing Please  EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 3:44 am

Hi, I am super excited to say that my first husky puppy will be joining our family next weekend! I found a local breeder who has a litter of 8, and I have met them all along with their complete sweetheart of a Mama (Dad is a stud who lives an hour away). I have paid my deposit, and narrowed it down to one boy and one girl. Both are absolutely beautiful, blue-eyed, red-haired, gregarious & confident. Both were great at letting me handle them, place them belly-up in my arms, and even touch teeth, ears, paws, & the sensitive hip area. Both are bright, energetic, & seem healthy. The breeder is a dog trainer as well, so they have been enriched with all the age-appropriate stimuli and experiences. If anyone here can suggest any simple temperament tests or signs to look out for when you yourselves are deciding on which puppy to pick, I’d sure appreciate it. I have a 3&1/2 yo mixed breed 65 lb dog I found as a dumped stray when he was tiny. His name is Sherman, and he has never met another dog he didn’t absolutely adore. He has been terribly depressed since we lost his 11 yo “big” brother, a Pomeranian, to his congenital seizure disorder 2 weeks ago. Sherman is 65 lbs, but never the alpha when he plays with other dogs & even cats. I was told it might help if my husky is a female as they’re more naturally alpha, but I don’t know if there’s anything to that bit of advice. I will try to upload pics. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated 💗
Back to top Go down
Wendy1B
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Girl:   Need Help Choosing Please  EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 3:46 am

Girl:
Need Help Choosing Please  9c848410[url=https://servimg.com/view/20101283/3]

Last edited by Wendy1B on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wendy1B
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Choosing Please    Need Help Choosing Please  EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 3:50 am

BoyNeed Help Choosing Please  806d2a10
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Choosing Please    Need Help Choosing Please  EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 12:27 pm

Neutering is cheaper than spay.

Male dogs usually bigger than female so slightly more expensive to feed.

Some people prefer males to female and vice versa.

Basically, sit work the pups for a bit, play with them and choose the one the speaks to your soul.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Choosing Please    Need Help Choosing Please  EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 2:31 pm

they are beautiful, i agree with Amy. this is one that will speak to you and pull you tougher like a sting.
Back to top Go down
Wendy1B
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: It’s a girl!   Need Help Choosing Please  EmptyMon Aug 19, 2019 5:35 pm

It’s a girl!
Need Help Choosing Please  5ea7e510
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Choosing Please    Need Help Choosing Please  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 10:57 am

Yay! Congrats. I don't think you will be disappointed with a girl. I have two males and a female. My female is by far smarter. lol. Though that's not always a good thing for my sanity.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Choosing Please    Need Help Choosing Please  EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 1:48 pm

My girls are much more empathetic then my boys are.
Back to top Go down
Windfishin
Puppy
Puppy
Windfishin

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Choosing Please    Need Help Choosing Please  EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 8:42 pm

My son insisted on a male, and I thought it was best to select the biggest pup in the litter. So we ended up with a super high energy, super dominant handful. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Choosing Please    Need Help Choosing Please  EmptyFri Aug 23, 2019 8:48 pm

I have huge lazy dog a large hyperactive ball of nerves a medium sized Energizer bunny and an 17 lb terror that barks if anything moves and lives to bite ankles my girls are the 2 in the middle.

I really dont know how i ended up with 2 very dominant females that want to kill each other. My Shepherd is your typical working line shepherd not very dominant but takes his job very seriously and my terrier has this im gonna get you before you get me for the first 10 mins people come over but once they sit down and he says hi its all good. He is the most nervous insecure little dog so he acts vicious but its an act
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help Choosing Please    Need Help Choosing Please  Empty

Back to top Go down

Need Help Choosing Please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1