It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Another furbaby

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rocky_Rhodes
Puppy
Puppy
Rocky_Rhodes

Male Join date : 2017-11-17

Another furbaby  Empty
PostSubject: Another furbaby    Another furbaby  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 2:10 pm

We semi-recently adopted a 6-8 week old Sibby that my wife saw on our neighborhood chat page; they were in desperate need of someone taking the little sprite off their hands.  Another example of people who get Husky's without doing any research on the breed and find themselves in a situation that is both frustrating to the puppy and their perspective family.  ((She is almost 8-months now.))

We were amazed at the immediate bond with Sascha, who is nearly (2) and how quickly she went from a frustrated, non-potty trained, hyperactive and semi destructive ball of fur, to a regular member of our pack.  The photos are from the first few weeks that we brought her into our home.  We've been very busy and have not visited this website for some time but wanted to share some photos.

Will try to visit more often, and update with more recent and updated photos.Another furbaby  Miacha11
Another furbaby  Miacha10
Another furbaby  Miacha12
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Another furbaby  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another furbaby    Another furbaby  EmptyWed Aug 14, 2019 2:49 pm

The first picture is precious. Getting along well enough to use "big sister" as a pillow.

Second picture almost says - "I just knew we'd get another one ...."

It really is amazing how quickly a new dog will adapt to a new home when everything is "right." Good on you for catching this little one before she was shelter bound.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Another furbaby  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another furbaby    Another furbaby  EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Aw, she's so cute.

Adult
Adult

Another furbaby  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another furbaby    Another furbaby  EmptyThu Aug 15, 2019 5:41 pm

Cute. I'm amazed at how close our two seem. Well... most of the time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rocky_Rhodes
Puppy
Puppy
Rocky_Rhodes

Another furbaby  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another furbaby    Another furbaby  EmptyTue Sep 03, 2019 2:40 pm

Updated - kicking back after a good run at the dog park.

Another furbaby  Furbab10
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

Another furbaby  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another furbaby    Another furbaby  EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 9:37 am

lol. Who needs personal space? No one.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Another furbaby  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another furbaby    Another furbaby  EmptyWed Sep 04, 2019 2:28 pm

love the pictures, she fits right in!

I was hoping Finn and Jack would bond like Jack and Sierra had but it just has not happened, Finn is all about his humans

Puppy
Puppy
Rocky_Rhodes

Another furbaby  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another furbaby    Another furbaby  EmptyThu Sep 05, 2019 11:17 am

Its amazing to watch the social interactions of individual dogs, at the park who, like people all have their unique personalities in public. Many of the dogs play only with their human companions completely ignoring the other dogs running about. My huskies seem to be magically drawn to the other huskies, immediately forming mini packs that run about and play together without a care in the world. Nala, our pit bull, spends most of her time close by me, occasionally running with the other dogs but not before looking up at me as if to ask, is it ok, will you be alright if I leave your side? Once I give her reassurance and encouragement, she runs off to play for a short time, and then quickly returns. Mischka, is very mischievous, extremely fast, and has already cleared our 5’-0” front courtyard enclosure at home. ((luckly we were right there when she did it and managed to get her back quickly; she has since been banned from the courtyard until we extend the height.)) Sascha is 50/50 when it comes to interacting with people and other dogs and generally goes into full on husky indifference when its time to leave, ignoring me, pretending that she can’t see or hear me, unless it’s on her terms.
Took both huskies out last weekend on a short bike ride; short by husky standards, we only went 2-3 miles. Was Mischka’s first experience with a pulling harness and since she is still growing, I didn’t want her pulling so I had to work at keeping pace with them. Sascha, once attached to the bike, hits the tug line like a freight train making it a very interesting first time with both dogs. Looking forward too many wonderful future adventures once Mischka is fully mature, exploring the vast number of trails available to us. Our pit bull is terrified of the bike for some odd reason, though nothing has ever happened to her, so my bike, and skating adventures have been limited to a single dog.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Another furbaby  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another furbaby    Another furbaby  EmptyFri Sep 06, 2019 8:15 pm

beautiful pack picks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another furbaby  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another furbaby    Another furbaby  Empty

Back to top Go down

Another furbaby

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1