It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The adventures of squirt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

The adventures of squirt - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The adventures of squirt   The adventures of squirt - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 10:23 am

So i have never seen an angry doe before but check out the death glare she is giving squirt.

And this buck that hangs around has charged the dogs. Last year he ended up with only 1 antler and this year he seems to have lost part of 1 antler
The adventures of squirt - Page 2 20201214
The adventures of squirt - Page 2 20201215
The adventures of squirt - Page 2 20201213
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of squirt   The adventures of squirt - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 11:13 am

so far we have been lucky and our deer haven't gotten that close to the fence where the dogs are. We've had a couple fawns try to walk up to the fence thinking they are going to "play" with kenzi and I've gone out and run them off. Kenzi would try to pull the babies through the fence if she ever got one grabbed through the wire. One would run at the fence where she was and then bounce a couple times, then run back doing a couple turns before looking at her and bouncing around again. It does the same thing with its twin when it's playing so I assume it thought she was another deer. Meanwhile she is doing all she can to stay composed enough to lure it into a grabbable position. It was funny to watch, but a bit sad that the deer are that foolish here.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of squirt   The adventures of squirt - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 2:45 pm

That doe winters in our yard every year. Her fawns seem to end up semi tame. I joke about being able to go hunting with a baseball bat. Squirt would have no issue pulling down a fawn or that doe. Its only that particular group that comes up to the dogs like that. That buck will walk straight up to you, and has come up on the deck before.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of squirt   The adventures of squirt - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 28, 2020 8:30 pm

Hah. We used to have a terrible deer p
roblem here. Even coming up on the front steps to eat the back of the rhododendrons. First week with Ami, the world was out: wolf in the Sharaf buffet. No more deer. Totally changed their foraging routes
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of squirt   The adventures of squirt - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 8:53 am

We’re over run with deer here, where there’s no predators here they’re are hundreds. In the rutting season I couldn’t walk up my local woods as all day and night all you could hear was them rutting and the deers here aren’t that afraid of people as they see them every day so they will charge you😐😂 Apollo loves to chase them but he thinks they’re a over size dog and runs to them as play and bounces round them, Storm isn’t to fussed but if she sees Apollo running she’ll chase him more than the deers.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of squirt   The adventures of squirt - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 1:00 pm

We have a huge problem with wasting disease here. We only see the mulies in the end of fall to early spring when they go back up higher. Ive never worried so much about rutting season, but i have been chased by big horn sheep and something i think was either a badger or a wolverine.

Colorado is discussing wolf reintroduction to manage the deer and elk and pronghorn and mountain goats.
Back to top Go down
Liv_Skye
Adult
Adult
Liv_Skye

Female Join date : 2019-11-18

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of squirt   The adventures of squirt - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 29, 2020 1:47 pm

Years ago I was out on a walk with Skye and she went over the other side of this hill out of sight, about 30 seconds later she came running towards me as fast as she could and right behind her was cows cows with horns! And the dumb dog lead them straight towards me and we had to jump a 6 bar cattle gate she somehow jumped the gate and I sort of dived over it as I’m lead on the floor skye is sat next to me all proud like “look what I’ve done” and ever since then I’ve had a huge fear of being trampled over by cows deer and horses😐! They do cull the deer here but not very often, it’s more like who’s willing to pay to shot them. They are beautiful a few months ago I got a really nice picture of a young stag standing proudly in the woods, the photo was like it should be a Christmas card😍😂
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The adventures of squirt   The adventures of squirt - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The adventures of squirt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2