It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Where'd everyone go?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

Where'd everyone go? Empty
PostSubject: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 11:43 am

It seems as if many of our members have taken a long vacation from the forum and a quick looks at the FaceBook group shows that it hasn't been posted to since 2011 (and I thought this was slow!)

Where's everyone gone???

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 2:22 pm

Trying to deal with the va buying me a new truck. Well its our money but the va manages our finances
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 2:53 pm

Making sauce. Then stacking wood with hubby. Not happy with him. He wants me on the doxy at least 2 weeks. Doesn't think it's Lyme but one of the others Sad

Didn't know there was a fb group.

Where'd everyone go? 20191110

Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 4:04 pm

lol. I didn't know we had a facebook group either.

Teenager
Teenager
cheywhite

Female Join date : 2019-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 4:05 pm

Still consider myself new and don't know as much. I'm here silently, just trying to branch out and comment more haha. Mostly dealing with school and unknown loose dogs. Also got Archer in training at PetSmart (night class). I really like the trainer and I feel more confident training him and applying it to Nikita too. 

I finally found the hole in the fence where Nikita keeps getting out, so now time to fix that. She took Archer on his first adventure last night. I was pissed. So now with that and the dogs that Nikita isn't a fan of and barks at constant through the fence, she has to be on a leash at all times now.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 6:05 pm

I feel bad for the people that live down the hill from me. Splinter is an obsessive barker and on the other side of thier house the guy has 12 bloodhounds and a few mutts that are outdoor dogs and bark ALL the time. Dogs that escape are great electric fence candidates
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 6:07 pm

We have an Archer, too, our grand puppy. We used to see him all the time, my son was a field engineer and was a way weeks at a time. Now he works at home and we see him maybe one or twice a week. Here's a picture, my "baby" boy all grown up still thinks he's a lap dog.

Where'd everyone go? 20190710
Back to top Go down
PollyR
Puppy
Puppy
PollyR

Female Join date : 2017-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 7:57 pm

Since all my knowledge is based on Our one and only dog, Mars, I mostly stay silent and learn from others here.  I think Mars made  it through the summer without a single flea and without any flea preventative (although I go into panic mode every time he scratches).  His energy level just went up the roof since we’ve been getting some cooler weather (40-60 degrees).  He sure is enjoying the outdoors.
Did I mention he had a blast on Halloween night Smile

Here's a photo of Mars taken last weekend.Where'd everyone go? Mars11

Last edited by PollyR on Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cheywhite
Teenager
Teenager
cheywhite

Female Join date : 2019-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 8:18 pm

Well all we've get on our back fence is barbed wire and rabbit fence. At first she would climb on the rolled chain link and jump over. Then we moved that (minus when it got moved back trying to help a baby skunk escape.) And we just found out about the hole. No telling how long it's been there. There will be a better fence at the new house, whenever that will be.

As I was typing that part. They both got out again and I just spent 20 minutes looking for Nikita. I figured since the dogs had moved on and Nikita went on a walk she'd be fine for like 5 minutes outside while I dealt with some stuff inside. WRONG.
Back to top Go down
Shepsky13
Teenager
Teenager
Shepsky13

Male Join date : 2017-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyFri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 pm

We're here!

I guess I am just in a state of dog ownership where things are pretty routine and I don't have any questions - and also, don't feel like such a husky expert that I can be helpfully answering any questions! But I enjoy browsing here and have learned a lot about huskies.

I will probably have a lot more questions as he ages and gets older - right now my shepsky is comfortably middle-aged but doesn't have any real issues yet ...(knock on wood)!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 11:36 am

So. We seem to have a couple of themes. Some feeling not particularly knowledgeable to answer questions regarding husky behavior, health, training etc. And those who are in the comfortable middle zone of husky life where there are not a lot of questions needing an answer.

We have a spot for that! There are the scrapbooks that allow for posting...just because you have pictures. And want to share!

We have the The Holiday Hijack which is a daily chat about...whatever, not husky related but just life/thoughts/experiences of our members. There is a theme for the day, able to be started by anyone, not just an admin. A way to keep up with one another.

Then there is the Off-topic section. With topic specific sub-threads. My favorite, to which I have occasionally added, is the gardening thread. Speaking of which, I am going to attempt to get my garlic planted today, the only wrinkle is, first, I really need dog food. And that's a trip south of here. And...sigh, that's where all the ticks are Rolling Eyes DEET time, I guess.

So, there are more ways than questions and answers to participate!
Back to top Go down
Shepsky13
Teenager
Teenager
Shepsky13

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 2:23 pm

Lostmaniac wrote:
I feel bad for the people that live down the hill from me. Splinter is an obsessive barker and on the other side of thier house the guy has 12 bloodhounds and a few mutts that are outdoor dogs and bark ALL the time. Dogs that escape are great electric fence candidates

12 bloodhounds??!!
He must be a hunter or a professional search and rescue guy?

@amymeme
That is a good reminder.
Besides, this forum has the cutest emojis!
I'm still trying to figure out a venue to use this  study  and this  Where'd everyone go? 1347041234  and this  farao   but I have already used this one  affraid  to describe Coat Blow!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 2:29 pm

Yup he hunts. But he is like some well known bloodhound breeder
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 2:59 pm

I've never know someone from whom I couldn't learn something!  I can take the time to study it on the net but that loses the human personality of being able to talk with another dog owner.  
When my dogs were mostly labs, it was drunken to set around and watch them run, seems as if they wouldn't stop till they hit farao or were just too  Sleep  to keep on going, then they'd come pile around the  king and catch a  Sleep lying in the  sunny

Said friend and I would break out the drinkables and the Where'd everyone go? 1347041234 and maybe crack a few lol!  waiting for the Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven to come out when we'd all head our separate ways Where'd everyone go? 1625187496

Anyway, that's just my Where'd everyone go? 2144500265 worth .... Exclamation Exclamation

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Shepsky13
Teenager
Teenager
Shepsky13

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 5:15 pm

Ha ha ha! Very good! Razz
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 6:18 pm

aljones wrote:
I've never know someone from whom I couldn't learn something!  I can take the time to study it on the net but that loses the human personality of being able to talk with another dog owner.  
When my dogs were mostly labs, it was drunken to set around and watch them run, seems as if they wouldn't stop till they hit farao or were just too  Sleep  to keep on going, then they'd come pile around the  king and catch a  Sleep lying in the  sunny

Said friend and I would break out the drinkables and the Where'd everyone go? 1347041234 and maybe crack a few lol!  waiting for the Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven to come out when we'd all head our separate ways Where'd everyone go? 1625187496

Anyway, that's just my Where'd everyone go? 2144500265 worth .... Exclamation Exclamation

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 6:19 pm

Shepsky13 wrote:
Lostmaniac wrote:

12 bloodhounds??!!
He must be a hunter or a professional search and rescue guy?

@amymeme
That is a good reminder.
Besides, this forum has the cutest emojis!
I'm still trying to figure out a venue to use this  study  and this  Where'd everyone go? 1347041234  and this  farao   but I have already used this one  affraid  to describe Coat Blow!

Ha. I've used the very same emoji to describe cost blow!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptySat Nov 02, 2019 11:22 pm

I pop in once in awhile when I’m bored, scan the topics and then become even more bored Wink

Does anyone know how Ashleigh is doing? She was going through an awful lot, just hope she’s doing ok
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 12:53 am

She's doing ok. I would say just ok. I wish things would get better for get but she's a trooper, hanging in there.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptySun Nov 03, 2019 7:08 pm

Still here.
Just posting less.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? EmptyWed Nov 06, 2019 3:38 pm

still here.
just that my pc is the one that every like to use to watch moves on the tv. so i've been posting a bit less but when i do its a bunch of pics hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where'd everyone go?   Where'd everyone go? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where'd everyone go?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Miscellaneous Questions-