It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Seed banks or websites

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 6:57 pm

Beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 7:31 pm

I miss them. My mom sold the house in 2007 and moved back to Israel
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 9:23 pm

So got my seeds with the exception of holy basil and im getting annoyed with people thinking basil or tomatoes are some kind of code word for pot. Pot is legal if i wanted pot supplies id ask for pot supplies not basil supplies. And January in Colorado is not prime grow season.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 10:51 pm

https://www.highmowingseeds.com/organic-non-gmo-sacred-basil.html
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 10:59 pm

Fedco has it. Kapoor Tulsi

https://www.fedcoseeds.com/seeds/kapoor-tulsi-organic-basil-4468?search=Tulsi%20basil

I order from them every year. Last year I was going to try soybeans that are supposed to be good snack with beer for hubby, son and daughter in law. Before I planted them I got a check in the mail with a note that people were reporting poor germination so they refunded the price. Pretty good, huh?
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 11:32 pm

Im not sure how reliable that site is because what it calls holy basil is not holy basil, its an African basil. The 2nd site is more accurate. For right now im trying holy basil extract to see if it helps with my arthritis. Sometimes i feel like i have to be my own doctor when it comes to my lower back because its so messed up no one wants to go near it.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 15, 2020 11:42 pm

Have you tried avocado soybean unsaponifiables (ASU's)
They're in Ami's dasuquin and that stuff have huge difference in 2 days, way sooner than it should have. The arthritis in your lower back, result of trauma or degenerative (I have stenosis l4 l5 and my who neck is trashed, probably from a fall skiing back in my twenties.)
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 12:22 am

I cain't even pronounce it ...

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 8:54 am

Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis diagnosed at age 7 that turned into spodyloarthropothy. Also my lumbar spine is not curved and dissolving. Degenerative facet/disc spinal stenosis narrowing of the foraman and i broke the l4 vertebrae. I guess it serves me right trying to be a professional athlete with arthritis. There is actually more things wrong not in my back but everything is centered around spine si joints shoulders and pelvis. I have been on every inflammatory made in both human and veterinary worlds several things for ra in horses methotrexate sulfasalazine humira currently on plaquenil.

Does dasaqun require an rx?
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 2:33 pm

Dasaquin does not require an RX. Or it never did in the past. I used it on my Keno dog for a time. Had better luck for him on Flexadin Plus. Neither I would want to munch on for human use though.

My husband has ankylosing spondylitis. Luckily it hasn't progressed real far yet.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Mines a mess and i keep thinking it cant get worse then i do something that makes it worse and welcome to the neverending cycle of my insanity. I did give up show jumping after the 2nd surgery and im looking for a horse to ride to see if i can handle it before i buy one. Probably another bad idea that with the arthritis i was always told horses were a bad idea and yet i actually think thats why im not crippled and in a wheelchair like i was when i was in elementary school. My pain management plan is basically to stay as busy as possible so i dont have time to think about whats hurting.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 10:32 pm

Ugh. Emily, sorry to hear that. We have RA in the family though not that bad. There was a period of time I was thought to have it, doc went so far as to prescribe plaquenil based on hx and exam but decreed not when x-rays came back. For which I am eternally grateful, those are powerful drugs. I'm right there with you in my belief that to keep moving is the secret.

Dasuquin is a dog supplement of glucosamine and ASUs (Al - I can't pronounce either, that's why the acronym asu works for me 🙄)
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2020 11:03 pm

So similar to cosequen. I took cosequen as a kid and msm and msg supplements all geared for race horses. Like everything else it helped until it didnt. Moving off the east coast and gulf coast helped significantly. Its cold and windy here but its constant and my joints are happier. Ive been talking to my doc about slow drip ketamine directly into my spinal fluid. Research was good with the exception of long germ doing it can cause spinal cord lesions. Im up for being a human Guinea pig

Jra is aittle different then adult ra. I have alot of tendon damage and not as much joint damage with my si joints and lumbar spine being the exception. I spent years lobbying for the arthritis foundation as a side project. It was fun but the job ended when enough senators pledged to sign. It hasnt all been a bad thing, theme parks let handicapped people skip lines and take the people with them...free front of the line pass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 3:28 am

My niece, now a grown woman in her thirties, had jra. Was a tough time when she was little, I believe she was a toddler when it started. Fortunately, she has very little disability today. And had a beautiful little boy.

I'm really really wary of any injections into joints or spinal column. A recent study came out that showed, with the common anaesthetic/steroid injections at least, there is more rapid joint destruction in those who received the injections than those who don't.

I'm really frustrated with the orange rose thing. I want a moderate sized, repeating blooming, scented, own root, hardy rose to fill the corner between the sunroom and the wood fence. In s really deep, bright orange. Found one or two that look like I want but they are only hardy to zone 6. Others either have little disease resistance or are more pastel leaning towards yellow paper peach reminiscent of a Peace hybrid tea rose. I want hot colors in that corner! Though I also want some dark out there, too, but want that to be a smaller supporting accent. Sigh. At least the hint keeps me busy in winter.
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 17, 2020 3:37 am

I was looking at blue ones that supposedly can withstand up to -40 im zone 5a ill keepnmy eye our for bright orange zone 5
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 5:55 pm

Think I've found my rose. Dark red, not orange but own root, repeat blooming floribunda hardy to zone 4, own root, damask fragrance, disease resistant and not bothered by aphids or Japanese beetles. Blooms on new wood so cutting back hard in spring for size control or winter kill is a good thing. Three to four ft.tall. Sigh. Second choice. Wish it were dark orange. Oh well looks like it will fit my conditions and stay alive. I'll have to find my orange in something else ..

Introducing:. Black Cherry rose

Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 V1223_10
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 6:51 pm

Way cool
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 pm

Lostmaniac wrote:
Way cool

I hope! A but afraid it won't be as dark as described but several reviewers have said it holds it's color well, and is darker than Mr Lincoln. We shall see. I'm willing to gamble.
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 4:37 pm

@TwisterII Wow, Jenn. Just received a Baker Creek catalogue. If nothing else, the pictures are stunning. I WILL be ordering a few things, if nothing other than to keep the catalogue coming.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seed banks or websites    Seed banks or websites  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Seed banks or websites

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2