It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:41 am

I'm not fat.............................

Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 Mnotfat

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:44 am

Weigh in last night 136.5lbs. That is 44.5lbs GONE since feb Smile total " lost since start 39!

I post my "offical" weigh in numbers but this morning in my birthday suit I was 134.4 Smile if I can get the home scale to 130 that will rock. (But I'm still happy if I don't)
I started adding food back in this week but my plan is to rock it at the gym. This is how my week will look if nothing gets in the way.
M-F 30m on threadmill in morning, mix of incline, run, interval
M,W,T 1hr at the gym lifting after work.
Sat. Hiking or some other workout.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 10:58 am

Way to go Jenn!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Awesome awesome awesome! You're doing amazing, such an inspiration to us lazier folks!

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 5:18 pm

Nice Jenn!
I think that's what I weighed in high school so many years ago!
Someone once told me, 'For every 10 years you get older, you should expect to gain no more than 5 lbs.' Well, then, I am right on track! Razz

I really need to get into gear and whoop my ass into gear. I don't like hot summer months, so I'm hoping this snowshoeing season will be busy for us and will whoop my ass. I'll need to if I plan to not fall too far behind you and the guys!! Shocked If I do, just lap me and pick me up on the way back! Rolling Eyes

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:59 pm

just an update, i have been holding on the home scale between 133-136lbs. i am always up a few days after a hike then it falls off. i think if i can keep it in this range i will be good. i know i need to give my self 6 months or so of a solid 3 days a week lifting to start to see more of a change in my body and i hope to keep the scale the same if not a bit lower. i had to go out and buy new snowboard pants and thermal bottoms because the ones i have been wearing since HIGH SCHOOL were WAY to big even for the "snowboarder" look Wink its fall is gonna hurt the pocket book for clothes as NOTHING in my closet will fit me, but that is a GREAT problem to have Smile

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:26 pm

i thought a before and after picture was in order. Smile
Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 Compair

back in July 2010 when this was taken i was about 167 before i topped out in Feb. 2011
Aug. 2011 i am about 135

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:27 pm

Woohoo Jenn!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:42 pm

WOW!
Congratulations, Jenn!
You look great! And I know you feel great!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:30 pm

affraid WOW JEN YOU LOOK AMAZING!!!!!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:25 pm

Damn girl!! You look FABULOUS!! Congrats!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:41 pm

WOO HOO Jenn! Smile You look amazing! Even when we first came over to visit on your bday, when we left Jarod commented on how much weight you lost and how you looked great (he saw photos around the house I believe)!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 12:00 am

Way to go Jenn! I have to say the difference is incredible, and you give the rest of us out here a shred of hope Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:53 am

Thanks for all the kind words ladies Embarassed I hope to be able to report this time next yr that I'm still at the same weight and more ripped! My issue is never the "loss" its not slipping up after I get there and gaining it back. I hope to carry this summer of hiking right into snowboarding and snowshoeing. I can't wait to see how my board feels now that I'm at the proper weight for the length of my board!
I know you can all get there and as Claudia said I did go hard cord strict with my food and I know not everyone can do that, but even the slight chang in eatting habits for the better will bring results.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:51 am

I can't wait to see you next year if you carry this through and lean out. If you are serious about competing, or getting 'ripped', a good friend of mine is a trainer and has competed herself in multiple competitions and has national titles under her belt. I asked her once about her competitions and she starts 12 weeks out from the date - she goes all out for 12 weeks with food and workouts. At the stage you're at, I know you can do this! And it'll be relatively easy compared to what you've already accomplished!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:48 pm

this morning 133.4lbs Smile

ok its getting cold again in CO and my cottage cheese or plain greek yogurt with fruit is losing its appeal as i want something warm, any thoughts on what i can replace the protein with and not add in carbs (oatmeal is out of question Sad unless i use it to replace all my carbs for the day) i do chicken and fish for dinner so i cant do a "meat" twice in the same day or my body is not happy.
thanks Smile

Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Shocked wow you look so great!!!

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/breakfast1/r/bluberrypudding.htm
This looks sopretty yummy
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:38 pm

you could do omelet....or even an egg white omelet...

Teenager
Teenager
Domingo

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:41 pm

Could go for turkey muffins, or a warmed chocolate protein shake (hot chocolate) with your breakfast.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:47 pm

cmanding wrote:
you could do omelet....or even an egg white omelet...

Or an egg sandwich! My hubby is losing weight and sometimes I make an egg sandwich for him to take to work and he microwaves it there. On a toaster biscuit/bagel thing (can't remember what it's called but it looks like a small, flat bagel) I put low fat swiss cheese with a scrambled egg and a single low fat turkey sausage. He LOVES it and he's still losing weight consistently.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 pm

I used to make a low carb burrito for breakfast everyday!

Egg beaters (white)
Slice of low fat cheese
No sodium turkey slices
Low carb wrap (7 grams of carbs)

Some people think the egg beaters are gross looking, but I love them! They're really good!!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Sorry ladies off track there i need LUNCH ideas for work! we have a mini fridge and a small microwave. the cottage cheese and yogurt have been easy cause on sunday i portion it all into containers so in the morning i grab and go! the last thing i need to deal with is prepping a lunch in the morning. i eat an egg and slice of bread with fruit for breakfast

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:02 pm

What's wrong with egg for lunch?! Razz Heck, I even have eggs for dinner!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches bad? I have no idea if that's too much carb and not enough protein. I know it's not "warm" but you could have it at room temp.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 8:17 pm

No tuna since you have a meat for dinner, right? How about some sort of salad with beans? Oh no, you said warm..lol. A black bean soup? That's yummy. I'm sure that if you make it at home you can make it healthy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jenn's journey with weight issues   Jenn's journey with weight issues - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Jenn's journey with weight issues

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next