It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Dental care recommendations - water additives

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jojoflex12
Newborn
Newborn

Dental care recommendations - water additives  Empty
PostSubject: Dental care recommendations - water additives    Dental care recommendations - water additives  EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 1:35 am

Hey everyone!

I currently brush my pups teeth a few times per week with baking soda and coconut oil with decent results (recently used Petsmile toothpaste with minimal results). I also give raw bones 1-2x/week. I am looking to add a dental water additive that is as natural and healthy as possible that has the ability to control plaque and tartar and was hoping for any recommendations. I have come across a few different brands (below) and would appreciate if anyone had any experience with any of the products or would recommend anything else. Thanks in advance!

Products for consideration:
1. Petlab co water additive
2. Felix and fetch water additive
3. Pawsafe water additive
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Dental care recommendations - water additives    Dental care recommendations - water additives  EmptySun Feb 12, 2023 8:59 pm

I'm no help with this, but since you've posted before I presume you know not to expect much of an answer until Sunday night / Monday morning.

I went looking to see what those products you mentioned are and:
1) Can't find a water additive on their site.
2) Interesting, looks doable. (extra points for listing the ingredients on their site) (( US$38 / 8oz ))
3) Ingredients look like #2 (( US$30 / 15oz ))

I had some problems, mostly with my Alaskan and both my big dogs are now getting 1 Pedigree Dentastix every evening. While it doesn't work too well for the 'cracks between the teeth, it does an amazing job on outer surfaces and gums. My Alaskan is absolutely not going to allow anyone to do anything that gets around his muzzle. I have a DNA kit that I'd like to send back but getting him to cooperate is nigh onto impossible.

Let us know what you chose and eventually how it worked for you, if you would please.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Dental care recommendations - water additives    Dental care recommendations - water additives  EmptyWed Feb 22, 2023 11:39 am

I personally use vetradent water additive. The trick with water additives is that they only work if the dog's teeth are already clean. As long as you are working with a clean mouth to start then you should have decent luck with about any of them (all have about the same ingredients). Anything that has essential oils though you will have potential for a variety of reactions so make sure you monitor closely when first starting use that they don't have mouth irritation or any kind of neuro reaction.

PostSubject: Re: Dental care recommendations - water additives    Dental care recommendations - water additives  Empty

Back to top Go down

Dental care recommendations - water additives

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1