It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My plant is sad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

My plant is sad Empty
PostSubject: My plant is sad   My plant is sad EmptySat May 27, 2023 1:23 am

I have put the poppies outside and the 3 clones had to go into final pots and 1 tomato plant went out because it was taking over the kitchen and i ran out of room and lights for all the plants. The weather is really not behaving hitting the low 70s daytime which is fine but its going down the high 30s at night. The mj really cant handle below 60f and the greenhouse heater wasnt keeping up even with the ceiling dropped with 4mil plastic and it closed to a 10x8 with plastic so out came the expensive to run big buddy so now the ceiling is still low but the full 10x20 is useable.

Now about the sad plant. When i repotted the mj into the same brand soil they were already in but in 4 cubic foot pots, they went into shock. I expected it. Then the temps dropped and they got cold the first few nights. In trying to bring up the temp i think that plant got the full blast of the heater which is why i backed the heaters up amd lowered them and opened the space so there is less air movement. The headband and the kush mints after a week of looking sad are finally looking happy. The runtz still looks sad and confused. It has brand new growth but is droopy as can be. I pulled it yesterday and dosed the roots and then did a drench with safer but the roots looked really nice, no sign of root rot. Plant didnt drown, didnt dry out either. Wind burn was my next thought but backing the heaters off should have helped. Tomorrow im putting a shade on half the greenhouse thing incase it is getting scorched. And i added some fertilizer just incase because i notoced the tips dying on the fan leaves. What else could be going wrong? The temps are a little high daytime which is why i got the shade but night is running about 67f with 2 heaters. This was a few days ago before the other 2 started looking good again. Its the one on left. And there is the heirloom black cherry tomato vine that tried to take over.

My plant is sad 20230510

Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

My plant is sad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My plant is sad   My plant is sad EmptySun May 28, 2023 11:46 pm

Mine are sad too, In fact they're so sad that they're dead!  The only plant that I still have from last year is my fig tree which is doing great.  

The two little oaks that got eaten to stubs by mice/rabbits/??? two years ago and lived through that died from our on again / off again winter.  Ditto the maple that was looking so good!!  The two oaks are native to the Chihuahuan desert and when they survived getting munched on I figured they were good to go ... didn't figure they were going to go permanently.

Have some morning glories that look good and I have them up on a stand so the varmints can't get to them.  They've been reaching back to the fence that I intended them to grow on but the winds keep blowing the off ... I thought they were supposed to reseed themselves? I've had them there for a couple of years and nothing grows that I haven't planted.

And speaking about weather ... okay we're at the very beginning of our  monsoon season. Thursday evening we got torrential rain and hail ... and I was out at a friends place ... had to get home 'cause Zeus was outside and Avalanche had to be beside himself.  Ran off the road a couple of times, couldn't see the road for about 3 inches of hail, then couldn't see the road because of the rain.  Ended up coming in the back way and sat and looked at a small river across the road ... made it home but a normal 20 minute trip took over an hour!
Friday and Saturday evenings were minor repeats, lot's of rain but no hail ... everyone who has water catchment tanks are saying they're full!

I won't even talk about raising MJ here in Texas ... this is at time (most of them) the most stupidly conservative state going!!!!!

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Lostmaniac
Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

My plant is sad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My plant is sad   My plant is sad EmptyMon May 29, 2023 12:45 am

..... my county is boebart country. And despite being a national embarrassment, she has been very good for our area, and kept the denver metro from draining our aquifer and the rio grande so hoa ppl can water thier lawns in a drought.

And yes i temporary live in texas right now, or so the texans think. And i wish i was kidding but i was told twice that it wasnt legal for me to be open on sunday and had more arguments then i can count about our 10 cent per bag fee state law. And some idiots from texas got thier 1500 stuck on a trail to la garita caldera aka mars on earth and left 5 ft deep ruts and its closed indefinitely. The truck is still out there because they cut the lock on the gate and the forest service wont let 4x4 recovery get it until mud season is over. But as far as work goes they usually tip (its weird how tipping is everywhere) and we dont have it built in or a tip jar because the owner thinks it makes people feel obligated to tip, but we are allowed to take them. And they have trucks that make mine look small that they dont know how to drive so fingers crossed, one will hit me in the rear and ill get the matching hammerhead bumper for the back.

All but 2 tomatoes made it outside today and everything but the sad plant looks happy. 4 tomato vines have tomatoes. Im fairly sure the smell of the mj drives away most of the rodents but the babyy bunnies got one of my opuim poppies. Right now they are opium free but another few weeks i may end up with stoned rabbits stumbling around.

So weather lol. We flooded, the road flooded there was a block in the smaller irrigation ditch and it overflowed on the road and caused the anaconda to overflow into my yard. Wolf creek pass has been 1 lane with a flagger for over a week because of mudslides. And there is talk of flooding thr lower part of my neighborhood because the dam above creede is overflowing and it will surge the rg for a few days and everyone waterfront goes under. So this week its been a pretty constant high65 low36 and mid day rain/sleet/hail. But its the 80mph gusts and constant 40mph wind that is so bad.

So anyone with truck knowledge... back end felt bad after the 2 foot water crossing so i looked it over and the bottom leaf is fanning out of alignment by about an inch. Last year it was fine and aligned. How bad is that for the truck overall? I have a blown front passenger shock already but that has a spring next to it so i was less worried about that one.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

My plant is sad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My plant is sad   My plant is sad EmptyTue May 30, 2023 10:32 am

An inch isn't too much in the grand scheme of things but if it starts pulling further than that you will want to have it taken care of as the leaves can run into things or throw the truck far enough out of alignment that the rear end could be damaged. Mostly though the ride will just become worse.

My plant is sad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My plant is sad   My plant is sad Empty

Back to top Go down

My plant is sad

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1