It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tempaccount
Newborn
Newborn

Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old Empty
PostSubject: Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old   Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 2:00 pm

At age 4 or 5 she had very weak back legs and we did eyething from injections to eyerything but had no effect .later our rooms were on 2nd floor and our husky used to sleep with us so it was difficult for her to get upstairs and she used to take long time.In the end she just stopped climbing stairs and used to howl in pain or saddness whenever she eanted to come up.

A month back we shifted to a new house ,the floor was quite new and slippery and it became more difficult for her to get up .for refrence she was 40 and i used to take her out for porty and she could barely walk more than 2kms and i had a big lawn so i used to motivate her to run up to me but after a few rounds she used to just give up and sat down.

In her lqst days days she stopped eating and passed today morning .she had been feeling depressed for a while now i could feel it but we thought it just mood swings as she just had her periods.

Are there any reasons why she passed ,we loved ,took good care,doctors told us she may have had a cardiac arrest but not sure.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old   Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 3:10 pm

i am so sorry for your loss, no one here would know why she passed but it sounds like she had some medical issues with her back side that could not be fixed. it sounds like you tired to give her a good life for as long as you could. and now she is out of pain and running free.

Senior
Senior
Lostmaniac

Female Join date : 2018-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old   Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 3:59 pm

Very sorry for your loss
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old   Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old EmptyMon Nov 13, 2023 5:40 pm

My condolences on the loss of your husky. My old guy passed this summer in about the same manner as yours. Years of increasing hind end difficulty, stopped eating then drinking, died 2 days after that.
Back to top Go down
Tempaccount
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old   Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 7:10 am

amymeme wrote:
My condolences on the loss of your husky. My old guy passed this summer in about the same manner as yours. Years of increasing hind end difficulty, stopped eating then drinking, died 2 days after that.

How old was your husky buddy?and did you find the reason why he stopped eating and passed away ?
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old   Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old EmptyTue Nov 14, 2023 7:33 pm

Tempaccount wrote:
amymeme wrote:

How old was your husky buddy?and did you find the reason why he stopped eating and passed away ?

He was just over 13.  I took him to the vet the first day of not eating. She examined him and did blood tests, expecting to find kidney failure but everything was normal. Just age. I always wondered about degenerative myelopathy but she thought it was just severe arthritis. I believe he had some mild dementia in the 6 months or so before he died. But hours before, he had difficulty with mobility and I really thought he wasn't all there. So my main suspect is a stroke. He d spent most of his final day laying on his blanket on the floor, either stretched out beside my leg or spooning with me. He died in my husband's arms while I took a break from the floor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old   Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old Empty

Back to top Go down

Our husky just passed away and she was just 7 years and 6 months old

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1