It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 11:06 pm

Ok, I just read up on this thread and I think I need to get one of these for Mya and Kody! Even though they're used to the heat since it's pretty much always "summer" Miami with the exception of December through maybe February the past 2 weeks it's been HOT! On Wednesday I went out at around 430pm and my car read 100 degrees affraid

I usually wait till like 7pmish to walk them, but it's still hot and their walks only last 10-15min Sad
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 12:14 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Ok, I just read up on this thread and I think I need to get one of these for Mya and Kody!
The sale lasts through next week!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:42 pm

I hope it's through the end of the week. I can't get it until payday on Friday Neutral
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 4:44 pm

I'm pretty sure it's until 4th of July.

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 5:01 pm

Yay!! AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Ba-da Bing!
Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 Swamp_10

Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 Swamp_11

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Ginger and Storm have the BEST PARENTS!!!!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:45 pm

jbealer wrote:
Ginger and Storm have the BEST PARENTS!!!!

Aw, shucks! We try!

Sierra and Jack have pretty darn good parents too, you know! Very Happy

Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:59 pm

They look great!!! Hope you like them as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:05 pm

Awesome! They don't look too thrilled about it. Lol Let us know how they work out for your pair!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:54 pm

I put it on them and had them go down to the basement to show hubby and that's what they do...lounge!

Storm will be the real test. By his second walk with is around 11am, he is really pokey! And in all honesty, I don't wanna be walking very fast either in the heat!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:09 am

Aww they look so cute wearing their vests. Let me know how it goes. I'm going to order them tomorrow when I get paid!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Claudia, what sizes did you end up getting for Ginger and Storm?

Ours is going to be put the the real test this weekend when we go hiking in the Blue Ridge, I'll have to update on how Dakota fares when we get back. Happy hiking!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 3:17 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Claudia, what sizes did you end up getting for Ginger and Storm?

Ours is going to be put the the real test this weekend when we go hiking in the Blue Ridge, I'll have to update on how Dakota fares when we get back. Happy hiking!

Ginger has a medium and it fits her nicely, including the length.
Storm has a large, and is a little short in length, but I think the XL would've been too big especially if he still have another 10lbs or so of weight loss.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 1:57 pm

Storm did a little test of his swamp cooler today. It wasn't as hot as it has been when we went out mid-morning (I'd say it about about 85-ish degrees), but he wasn't as pokey as he usually is, and in fact, he had a pep in his step like his morning walk when it's 60 degrees - so I think it really helps Storm. The real test will be when it's 90-something degrees or hotter.

A couple pics of Storm before we headed out the door:
Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 Swamp_12

Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 Swamp_13

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 8:23 pm

He looks so cute wearing his swamp cooler I love you and he looks so much thinner in these pics also. Yay, go Storm! So, you wet the vest and then put it on, right? Then re-wet it again as need be?
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Yep - that's right!

We weighed Storm a few days ago and he's 98.8 lbs.
He's lost 14 lbs since April 1. Smile

Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:26 pm

You know I just came across this product while searching for something else. So I was wondering if anyone here has used it. Thanks for the reviews. Does anyone know if REI still has it in stores? It isn't on their website and it is a 3 hour drive to the nearest REI for me (I just wanted an excuse to go to ATL).
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:44 pm

There are a few of us that have it for our sibes. REI should have it, or maybe call them to make sure they have it in stock before driving out there. Otherwise, there's Backcountry K9 that carries them.

Eddy gives his review, and it's been good with Storm.

Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:23 pm

I know this thread is super old, but I just wanted to see if everyone was still happy with their swamp coolers? Or if it is one of those items, thats great at the time, and now you have just kind of tossed it aside? I've been looking for awhile now and now that I got my email today about backcountryk9 having their 4th of July sale, so now would kind of be the time to buy. Let me know if you can, please! Smile
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 12:51 pm

Eddys only issue with using it is keeping it wet in order to keep it working.... and the material gets pulled on sticks and such when hiking in bush. other wise it does work

Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Yeah, and that was my concern was the snagging. So I thought that would be good to maybe put under my ruffwear pack, but that would be so hard to keep it wet under the harness I think, while on a hike. I might just get one first and see how it works. I wish they still have mediums in the close out size! $32 sounds much better than $47.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4