|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue!
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Denver Colorado
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm|| |
I still prefer a northern inuit dog. If I was to get a dog that looks like a wolf that's what i would get.
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Wyoming
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm|| |
- @CavingSiberian wrote:
- I never thought about the handkerchief. Shaqua has worn them before, but just to dress up. Smart idea!
- @HuskyLear wrote:
- Yah mine always were collars and tags just in case and it is that much more of a just in case in your situation but good call on the handkerchief.
Thanks, I actually learned that as a youth from an individual who did it with his rotwielers (sp?). Not because he thought anybody would mistake them for a wolf, but because if they took off and got hung up on a branch or something he wanted them to be able to get loose. When we first got our silver/grey and white female (Myst) she was six months and looked way too much like a coyote. We started her with the kerchief around the house and in the yard till we could get her introduced around the neighborhood (our subdivision sits in the middle of several family ranches).
Join date : 2013-04-23
Location : Alabama
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:10 pm|| |
I second the N Inuits ! I love love them.
Join date : 2011-11-16
Location : West Virginia
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:22 pm|| |
Anyone have any experience with these dogs?
Join date : 2017-11-03
Location : North Carolina, USA
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:23 pm|| |
I thought the "Direwolves" on Game of Thrones were N.Inuit dogs or something?
Some kind of big wolfy mix anyway - not GSD, not husky...
Join date : 2018-10-22
Location : Colorado
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:29 am|| |
Yup the direwolves were inuit dogs. I met a tamaskan once at an arba dog show as a kid. Its crazy how many breeds crossed in wolf some type of shepherd with some mal or husky and call it a new breed. Like the Czech wolfdog the sarloos wolfdog the sulimov dog fhe tamaskan
Cool looking dog looks more coyote then wolf
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans || |
|» Sable Husky|
by mitnworb Today at 7:24 pm
» It happened again.
by mitnworb Today at 7:20 pm
» New here‼️ Hey there ????????
by Babys_Mommy Today at 6:21 pm
» Is my Baby a pure breed?
by Babys_Mommy Today at 6:20 pm
» Hiking with dogs~ front range areas
by jbealer Today at 3:22 pm
» Always Watching!
by Liv_Skye Today at 11:58 am
» Flea and Tick Treatments...
by TwisterII Today at 11:45 am
» Bringing a small breed to our family
by Liv_Skye Yesterday at 12:01 pm
» Ami the Protector
by amymeme Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:25 pm
by amymeme Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:49 pm
» Wooly or not?
by amymeme Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:30 pm
» Seed banks or websites
by amymeme Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:08 pm
» Hey peeps, new guy here.
by Gillian Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:53 pm
» Frosty morning!
by Liv_Skye Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:24 am
» 52 weeks of Husky
by Liv_Skye Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:42 am
» Help with coat color?
by Liv_Skye Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:19 am
» Unique Husky up for Adoption
by amymeme Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:07 pm
» RE: Trimming Paw Hair
by Lostmaniac Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:11 am
» IBS Treatment
by sibmom Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:30 pm
» Tips on adding a new member to our family!
by amymeme Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:51 am