|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Kohdi, Mishka, and Jimmy,
our October HOTM Winners!
Cool Weather Zoomies!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Tails of the Tundra Siberian Husky Rescue!
Join date : 2012-02-24
Location : Denver Colorado
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:10 pm|| |
I still prefer a northern inuit dog. If I was to get a dog that looks like a wolf that's what i would get.
Join date : 2013-03-04
Location : Wyoming
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:14 pm|| |
- @CavingSiberian wrote:
- I never thought about the handkerchief. Shaqua has worn them before, but just to dress up. Smart idea!
- @HuskyLear wrote:
- Yah mine always were collars and tags just in case and it is that much more of a just in case in your situation but good call on the handkerchief.
Thanks, I actually learned that as a youth from an individual who did it with his rotwielers (sp?). Not because he thought anybody would mistake them for a wolf, but because if they took off and got hung up on a branch or something he wanted them to be able to get loose. When we first got our silver/grey and white female (Myst) she was six months and looked way too much like a coyote. We started her with the kerchief around the house and in the yard till we could get her introduced around the neighborhood (our subdivision sits in the middle of several family ranches).
Join date : 2013-04-23
Location : Alabama
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:10 pm|| |
I second the N Inuits ! I love love them.
Join date : 2011-11-16
Location : West Virginia
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:22 pm|| |
Anyone have any experience with these dogs?
Join date : 2017-11-03
Location : North Carolina, USA
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:23 pm|| |
I thought the "Direwolves" on Game of Thrones were N.Inuit dogs or something?
Some kind of big wolfy mix anyway - not GSD, not husky...
Join date : 2018-10-22
Location : Colorado
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:29 am|| |
Yup the direwolves were inuit dogs. I met a tamaskan once at an arba dog show as a kid. Its crazy how many breeds crossed in wolf some type of shepherd with some mal or husky and call it a new breed. Like the Czech wolfdog the sarloos wolfdog the sulimov dog fhe tamaskan
Cool looking dog looks more coyote then wolf
|Subject: Re: Breed: Tamaskans || |
|» Husky and young kids|
by Jayt327 Today at 12:35 am
» Vacationing without our Husky
by Shepsky13 Yesterday at 2:14 pm
» Color of my husky’s babies?
by TwisterII Yesterday at 12:05 pm
» A Texas Howdy
by Shepsky13 Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:44 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by RedFlashFire05 Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:08 pm
» Archer's Scrapbook
by RedFlashFire05 Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:22 pm
» Muzzle for the dog park?
by TwisterII Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:15 pm
» CHAT-HOTM November HUSKY CUDDLES
by Artic_Wind Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:57 am
» Cat Agression?!?!—-New Puppy!!
by Lostmaniac Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:58 pm
» Right collar for my husky
by jbealer Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:22 pm
» Latest on Yuki
by Shepsky13 Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:03 pm
» Hannibal’s Scrapbook
by Bwilson Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:12 pm
» Breed: Tamaskans
by Lostmaniac Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:29 am
» Husky to strong willed for positive only training?!....Please help!
by amymeme Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:48 pm
» Friends dog made me disappointed in myself. :(
by Shepsky13 Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:45 pm
» Help with a serial escape artist.
by cheywhite Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:35 pm
» Origins 5 in 1 supplement Review
by amymeme Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:23 am
» Where'd everyone go?
by RedFlashFire05 Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:38 pm
» Climbing Mt. Birara at Nagsasa Cove
by RedFlashFire05 Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:26 pm
» How do you know when your Dog is Asleep
by RedFlashFire05 Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:23 pm