It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

lets B%$ch about Squirrels!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  Empty
PostSubject: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 12:57 pm

i think this will become a fun post!
so i let the dogs inside and headed up to get a shower this morning. then i hear a BAM! affraid i know in my head what the noise was and why and i just had to chuckle as i should have known better and just left them out side, but they wanted to come in.
Damn Squirrels!!!!
lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  IMG_20110617_081029

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:03 pm

lol!
Now THAT had me cracking up outloud!
lol!

At least the screen isn't torn...and I'm hoping you can just put it back on it's tracks?

...and about those damn squirrels...this morning, Storm was up close and personal with a squirrel and was SO EXCITED....that he peed the bush instead and let the squirrel scramble up the tree!

lol!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:04 pm

lol! seriously can't stop laughing at the picture of your door!!
That just made my day!

Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:59 pm

That's hilarious!! Both Cosmo and Nikolai have walked through our screen - so we just replaced it and got a plastic plate/grill kinda thing... now we just need to figure out how to attach the grill to our screen door, which looks like wood, but is actually steel. scratch
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:41 pm

OMG Jenn..LOL LOL!!! The life of husky owners I tell ya!! LOL LOL!! Freaking squirrels!!! This has made my afternoon...that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:49 pm

LOL I needed a good laugh! Oh I hate squirrels but that photo is priceless!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 pm

STILL cracking up! lol!

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:19 pm

LOL! That's pretty bad! At least it wasn't glass!

Steve almost ate it yesterday, because he was riding his new bike with Siku and she suddenly saw a bunch of squirrels! She went one way, he hit the breaks, and his back tire jumped into the air. Thankfully he stayed on his feet somehow.

But birds are just as bad! Let the girls out today and I guess a mother bird was teaching her babies how to fly. The girls saw her (not the babies thankfully) and she started doing that "oh I'm hurt! Look at me!" dance and Siku looked like she was going to go over the fence after her! I had to pick Siku up to get her to come inside. I hate their prey drive sometimes. They just won't listen when they are fixed on somehting!

lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:39 pm

Oh, Sara, we had the baby bird thing earlier this week. Sabaka found the baby and mother, lousy mother flew away and left her poor helpless baby to be swatted to near-death by a beastly dog. We got the baby out of the yard, but our 10-year old child was traumatized. He said the bird was knocked out with his little tongue hanging out and will now be full of "dog smell" so he will be ignored by the mother bird and die anyway. My child hated the dog for at least a full hour....
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Oh, Lisa, that's just so sad!! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:59 pm

I think it's a myth that mother birds won't care for their young again if they smell different. I've moved some robin babies and some killdeer eggs before and the parents hated me for it, but didn't act any different to their young. I think teachers say that to keep kids from grabbing baby birds. lol. I remember my teacher telling our class that when I was young.

Hope the baby bird is ok. The stress might have been too much for it. Sad

lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:46 pm

Let me out! Let me out!
lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  Huntin10

I swear I saw 2 squirrels up there!
lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  Huntin11

Storm, she's not crazy - I saw them too....

When Storm is on his hind legs, his head it's too far under the bottom of the board at the top of the fence! Shocked

Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:03 pm

lol! This thread had me cracking up. Your poor door.

When I lived in a 2nd floor apt in Philly, there was a squirrel who would literally hang on my screen in my bedroom window and pee on my window. She would hang out on the screen and drive my cat nuts.

I swear the squirrels down here have a death wish. They just stand there and stare while Frankie and Bruiser go crazy. When they finally do run up a tree, Frankie never forgets where it was and looks up that tree every time we walk by.

Now I have my neighbors cat who likes to lounge in front of my house in the window. My window almost looked like Jen's door yesterday.
Back to top Go down
hmhershey
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:51 pm

Thats too funny! Luckily Akira is still fixated on bugs. lol. We live in the city enough that there aren't many squirrels. I don't think I've seen one her. Plenty of birds though.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:10 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
Oh, Sara, we had the baby bird thing earlier this week. Sabaka found the baby and mother, lousy mother flew away and left her poor helpless baby to be swatted to near-death by a beastly dog. We got the baby out of the yard, but our 10-year old child was traumatized. He said the bird was knocked out with his little tongue hanging out and will now be full of "dog smell" so he will be ignored by the mother bird and die anyway. My child hated the dog for at least a full hour....

At my last house, Dakota found a nest of bunnies. He didn't try to kill them but he pulled them out of the nest and nudged them with his nose and stared at them like he wanted them to play with him. I put him up in the house and put the bunnies back in their nest. The next day I found them strown aobut my yard dead. I assumed the momma didn't want them anymore. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
foxsfamily
Newborn
Newborn
foxsfamily

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:29 am

Squirrels...

My neighbors actually have squirrel feeders...they keep them full year round. This means that in the winter because there is an abundance of food...they do not hibernate. This year there's a new squirrel in the trees...this squirrel has decided to put itself into the spotlight.

If Fox is at the bay windows pacing back and forth acting like a spazz...his nemesis is outside the window, dancing back and forth, stopping only occasionally to look at him. When the evil squirrel is doing this...it generally stays in the fifteen foot view of the window and goes back and forth. How do I know its the same squirrel? Well, this darling little rodent is all white, with a little black tip on its tail...really not common around here at all.

When I take Fox out and the nemesis is outside...it runs up a tree and jumps onto the power lines...where it continues to taunt him dancing back and forth whilst he desperately tries to find a way to get to it...

I hate that squirrel...I hate it soooo much

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:10 pm

lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  Th_VID_20110618_084339

here is a video of a damn squirrel picking on my 2! look at all that tail wagging and tree holding that stupid thing is doing, to bad it did not fall!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Wow dude that thing was really wagging it's tail! What a little f***er that thing is!!! Sierra was dying to eat it! LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lets B%$ch about Squirrels!    lets B%$ch about Squirrels!  Empty

Back to top Go down

lets B%$ch about Squirrels!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-