It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MONKEYMANN
Newborn
Newborn
MONKEYMANN

Male Join date : 2011-05-09

JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... Empty
PostSubject: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:11 pm

But sent him to his new home a very good looking neutered, UTD on all shots, and well socialized loving dog.
Very Happy
(With a few skilz to boot)
JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... IMG00036

JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... DSC07753

JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... IMG00135

JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... DSC07503
Day of interview
JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... DSC08365

My last hug before he left to his new life with new owners. Im smiling in the picture, but cried the whole way home.
6 months of hard work, alot of money, and endless love!
JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... Image
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... Empty
PostSubject: Re: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:49 pm

Makes my heart sing that you care enough to help shelter/rescue dogs, invest your own time and money to rehabilitate them and find them good fur-ever homes! My 2 are my first dogs ever. After I adopted my girl, I decided I needed to give back to the rescue and became a volunteer...and then a few months later decided she needed a companion and rescued my boy...

sunny

Newborn
Newborn
MONKEYMANN

PostSubject: Re: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:17 pm

YUP, all dogs need a buddy, PERIOD!
BUT what is great about this last rescue that I just re-homed is I still get to see him.
In fact, I got to see him yesterday for the first time since he left and it was such an awesome feeling to not only see his happiness, and the happiness he is bringing his new owners, but the way he recognized me and came over and bowled me over and showed me his appreciation, and then when he saw my other two and they saw him, it was just awesome.
I cried watching it all, haha, Im crying now just typing this....
I gotta go for now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 8:34 pm

That's so great! Good for you for doing rescue! My mom does all breed rescue and I foster kittens for a local shelter until they are old enough to be adopted out (though I use my mom's petfinder connection and try to get the adopted before going back to the shelter) and help out with sibe rescue doing home visits and reference checks. I've found FB is a great way to keep in touch with peopel who have adopted kittens from me.

JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:31 pm

Bravo!!!! The world needs more people like you. Hats off to you!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:48 pm

awwww this made me tear up! You're an awesome AWESOME person with A HUGE HEART!!! If only everybody in the world was like you!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 9:49 pm

Why didn't you keep Jax (if you don't mind me asking)? I'm assuming because you rescue doggies and can't keep all of them. They are all so lucky to run into you!
Back to top Go down
MONKEYMANN
Newborn
Newborn
MONKEYMANN

PostSubject: Re: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:21 pm

Thank you all for your kind comments regarding JAX, and yes Melissa, If I kept every dog I rescued, I would literally have to open a PETTING ZOO, although with this dog, it was really hard to let him go.
What made it easier was the fact I knew I would continue to see him. I just saw him on Thursday night and it was great the way he remembered me and my dogs.
Even better is the fact they are heading to Oregon this week until Monday and they asked if I would be willing to watch him while they are gone...

Um, duh.....IM SO EXCITED to have him back for 4 days. I already have my scooter all washed up and lubed and ready for him. If you enjoyed any of the dog scootering videos I have posted, Im going to be filming all 4 days in different places of California, so Im sure you will enjoy whats in store.
I wil have 4 dogs pulling me when I head to Truckee on Saturday night, and will not only have my helmet cam recording but also my buddy is going to riding along taking video of us, so it shall be fun! bounce
Back to top Go down
MONKEYMANN
Newborn
Newborn
MONKEYMANN

PostSubject: Re: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 7:40 pm

This is a top view of JAX when I first got him off the street.
As you can see how skinny he was by the stomach area being this, but if you look close enough, the white that is showing where his spine and back rear hips is actually his spine and his rear hips!
It didnt look as bad as it was because of the hair obviously covering it up, but he was bad.
He ate a 40 LB bag of dog food in 3 days!!!
Anyway, he is one happy Husky and its rewarding to say the least when I see not only him happy, but his new owner!
(who, as a matter of fact, I will be informing her of this site, so we will all be able to watch his happiness grow!)JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... DSC07110

Last edited by MONKEYMANN on Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot picture link)
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:50 pm

He sure has blossomed into a very handsome boy, thanks to you!

I have the opposite problem with my boy. In August 2010, he peaked at 140 lbs. His previous owner left him in a pen too small for him, and with a bag of food. He was surrendered (for whatever reason unknown), and went into foster care. When he arrived at a rescue in Denver on April 1st, 2011, he weighed 112.2 lbs. I adopted him on the 17th of April and today, he weighed in at 99.1 lbs. We still have more weight to get off him, but he is running and moving so much easier than when he first came to live with us permanently. Today, he is stronger and more active, and hopefully, happier! I hope to have Storm down to 90 lbs by the end of August.

PostSubject: Re: JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...   JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA  Rastafarian... Empty

Back to top Go down

JAX - Pulled this dog off the streets a scrawny, unsocial, PITA Rastafarian...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1