It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

We are expecting!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2011-06-23

We are expecting!!!! Empty
PostSubject: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi! Just call me Indi from MD...I am a husky lover up & down! Our first dog was a sibe, and we've been hooked ever since. My *baby boy* Vladimir will be 15 on July 4th, and he's finally starting to show the signs of old-age Sad . However, our friend and breeder has a little girl, Tyrael, who has just gotten pregnant with puppies, and I have first pic! The sire is a dirty-faced husky named Denver, and we've already named our new baby "Damian" (after St Damian - patron saint of Physicians, not the other...whose name, by the way, appears NOWHERE in the bible! Wink Rolling Eyes ) Anyway, I feel a need to network with other husky lovers, since it's been a long time since I've been a baby mama! My 23yo daughter actually adopted Tyrael's mother, Mariah, who is now 8yo and was an award-winning show dog. Unfortunately, when we had Mariah spayed, we found that she had breast cancer. We had the tumor removed, and she seems to be doing fantastic. Monthly checks have found no spread of the disease. Very Happy

Well, enough about us! Looking forward to getting to know the rest of you! I love you

Regards,
Indi
Mom of 5 human babes
Mom of 1 husky babe
"Expectant Mom" of another husky babe, due 8/11
Grandma to Mariah, who happens to also be Grandma to my new husky babe! Cool
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:22 pm

WELCOME!

no puppy help from me but others will be here to help you along the way! any way to get some pictures of the husky parents to be and husky grandma? to hold us over till the pups are here? will you go for looks over gender, will it be a show husky?

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:35 pm

Wow! That was fast! Hi Jennifer!

Actually, I am looking for pet quality. I would like a little boy, because I'm a natural "boy" mom...lol. I have 4 sons and a daughter, but my daughter and I are husky lovers supreme. Wink Jack and Sierra are GORGEOUS! I LOVE red huskies! I would love to post pics of Vladimir, my boy, and Tyrael and Denver, and Mariah, but I haven't figured it out yet! Wink Right now I'm posting in between cleaning out the fridge and getting dinner for the masses! LOL But maybe this evening or tomorrow I'll get some pics out! I love you

My daughter is dying because Tyrael was mated with Denver specifically for her, so she could get first pick of dirty-face (I told them I'd take second for her Wink) but she is moving from OH to MD and doesn't think she'll be able to give time to a puppy and it's killing her. Although we have preferences for looks and gender, both she and I are really looking for our puppy to pick US.

I'm going to have to get her to start posting on this board too! This place is great!

Thanks for your response,
Indi
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Welcome Indi and congrats on the new future pup! wave Can't wait to see pics when you have a chance to get them up!

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks Valerie! And I swear your Dakota is almost the spittin' image of my Vladimir! And your other babes are adorable! What breed are they?
Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:00 pm

Ok, I'm gonna give it a go...hope it's not HUGE. Shocked

We are expecting!!!! PuppyLove42009001-4

Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:03 pm

And here he is...he has one blue eye and one "pinto" eye... Wink

We are expecting!!!! P1000308
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Welcome to the forum and congrats! We look forward to meeting you and your pups Smile

We are expecting!!!! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:35 pm

Aww, how adorable! He looks like a big boy!

My other two are Chihuahuas, the smooth coat is Faith and the long coat is Glory (Faith's daughter).

Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Welome and congrats. Nothing like a new puppy to keep a family on its toes!!! I have five human babies also, and expecting first grandbaby in September. We have two Huskies, Braiden (17 months) and a female, Skyla (9 months) We also have a Pitt/Lab rescue Max (2 years). We love our doggies....can't imagaine life without them. Your Sibe looks great for his age!!! Hope ours live a long, healthy life. Welcome again and I know you will love this forum!!
Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:00 pm

OMG...everyone's babes look so adorable and so well-loved! Thanks so much for the welcomes and I KNOW I will love this forum! Glory and Faith are so adorable! My friend has 3 chihuahua babes and Jennifer, I LOVE when she used to tell us their antics of the day! Koda, your Hailey looks a lot like Tyrael, my babe's mom! and Skyla and Braiden look so unique! And Max has an adorable "squishy" face LOL! Love his color! We thought of Brayden as a name for our baby, too!

Can't wait to get to know you all!
Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:03 pm

beck3465 wrote:
I have five human babies also, and expecting first grandbaby in September.

Congrats! Do you know what gender?
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 6:49 pm

Congrats.... AND HOLD ON FOR THE RIDE!!

My husband and I often think we were too old to go through this husky puppihood again! When we got Sabaka in January of this year, it had been 21 years since we had our last husky pup. WE had so much more energy then...lol! It's kinda like having kids, you quickly forget what it was like when they were needy little babies.

Your big boy looks like he is a sweetie!! Welcome!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:14 pm

Congrats and welcome!! Can't wait to see more pics of your pack! Vladimir is handsome!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Vladimir looks good for his age! if im not mistaken i think he is the oldest on the forum....thats so good to see Smile he looks like he has a ton of fur, cant wait to see more pictures! he looks so happy in that 2nd pic

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:06 pm

We are expecting!!!! 550295 Welcome!!! First let me say that Valdimir is such a handsome boy! I can't believe that he looks so great for his age. You can tell that he's very well loved =)

Oh, and...LOL...I have the same print for Kody's collar as Valdimir's harness!

Congrats on your soon to be puppy. Get ready for some craziness!!!! I'm still going through it. We got Kody at 12 weeks and he's going to be 10months on Saturday. Crazy boy drives my girl (Mya...5yrs old) INSANE! She has him dominated though so he knows when not to push her buttons.
Back to top Go down
KareBear
Teenager
Teenager
KareBear

Female Join date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:34 pm

Hello and Welcome! :3

Advance congrats on the new puppy, can't wait to see pictures as they grow up. Going through the puppy stage as well myself, I look forward to knowing I'm not the only one dealing with puppy antics. I'm sure Valdimir will teach the puppy well though. He's a very handsome boy, I love his eyes!

Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:23 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
Congrats.... AND HOLD ON FOR THE RIDE!!

My husband and I often think we were too old to go through this husky puppihood again! When we got Sabaka in January of this year, it had been 21 years since we had our last husky pup. WE had so much more energy then...lol! It's kinda like having kids, you quickly forget what it was like when they were needy little babies.

Your big boy looks like he is a sweetie!! Welcome!

That's what I'm afraid of! But looking forward to it no less. Hoping Vladimir might help some although in "dog"years he's older than me! Shocked Laughing

Vladimir looks big but he's actually a healthy 51 lbs. If it weren't for his hips, he'd be fine. He still bounds around outside sometimes like he's a pup! He's our first dog ever, and he's made me want to do this again. I love you

Sabaka is gorgeous!

Last edited by indigochild on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:26 pm

26nikita wrote:
Congrats and welcome!! Can't wait to see more pics of your pack! Vladimir is handsome!

Thank you much! And so are Dakota & Willow! Vladimir is blowing his coat right now so I'm up to my neck in "snow." LOL I've been raking him every day, and it seems as though it's a never-ending job. Can't wait til I get a few extra bucks so I can take him to a professional!

afro <---- Vlad right now
Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:39 pm

jbealer wrote:
Vladimir looks good for his age! if im not mistaken i think he is the oldest on the forum....thats so good to see Smile he looks like he has a ton of fur, cant wait to see more pictures! he looks so happy in that 2nd pic

Thanks Jennifer! He is a happy camper. Wink It's hard though when we see him try to go from a standing to sitting position. He has to circle and circle and circle and then just ever so gingerly sit. Sad I give him a low dose aspirin every day in a small cube of velveeta, and it seems to help some. He basically eats what we eat, people food, mostly meat, rice, veggies, and a little leftover plain cheerios in milk every morning for breakfast sunny . I keep a dish of dry food for him when leftovers are scarce, and it could go untouched for a week affraid And he drinks filtered water from the fridge with ice LOL. He loves ice cream and gets it occasionally as a little treat. He'll get a little ice cream cake for his birthday. jocolor

He was born on the 4th of July, but the funny thing is that he would always spend his entire birthday under the desk because he was afraid of the fireworks (oh, and thunder too!). But I think his hearing must be going a bit, because that doesn't bother him anymore these last couple years. Now he mostly does this ---> Sleep

Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:53 pm

MelissaI wrote:
We are expecting!!!! 550295 Welcome!!! First let me say that Valdimir is such a handsome boy! I can't believe that he looks so great for his age. You can tell that he's very well loved =)

LOL! It's a great print, isn't it? Wink He has a matching collar too, which he's now wearing because it's easier to brush him down right now without the harness.

Mya & Kody look great! Mya is almost the spittin' image of Vladimir's father, Keeshu, and Vladimir had the same mask Kody does when he was a puppy! I wonder if they're related? Cool

MelissaI wrote:
Congrats on your soon to be puppy. Get ready for some craziness!!!! I'm still going through it. We got Kody at 12 weeks and he's going to be 10months on Saturday. Crazy boy drives my girl (Mya...5yrs old) INSANE! She has him dominated though so he knows when not to push her buttons.

I'm wondering how Vladimir will be. He's very laid back, and Mariah, my daughter's husky, has him thoroughly dominated! Shocked
Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 12:57 pm

KareBear wrote:

Advance congrats on the new puppy, can't wait to see pictures as they grow up. Going through the puppy stage as well myself, I look forward to knowing I'm not the only one dealing with puppy antics. I'm sure Valdimir will teach the puppy well though. He's a very handsome boy, I love his eyes!

Thank you, Karen! I love Aevyn's mask *and* name! How do you pronounce it? Does it have a meaning?
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 2:25 pm

indigochild wrote:
MelissaI wrote:

LOL! It's a great print, isn't it? Wink He has a matching collar too, which he's now wearing because it's easier to brush him down right now without the harness.

Mya & Kody look great! Mya is almost the spittin' image of Vladimir's father, Keeshu, and Vladimir had the same mask Kody does when he was a puppy! I wonder if they're related? Cool

MelissaI wrote:

I'm wondering how Vladimir will be. He's very laid back, and Mariah, my daughter's husky, has him thoroughly dominated! Shocked

It is a super cute print. It's the first one that caught my eye out of all of them at Petsmart. I don't use it to walk him though...don't trust it too much. I use a choker collar for him. Crazy doggie..lol.

Oh, if he's laid back then i'm sure that you won't have any issues. Mya has a total DIVA personality so that's why we had to go with a puppy. I've been hoping and praying that Kody doesn't try to be the Alpha as he gets older, but I highly doubt it. He knows who's boss..LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
KareBear
Teenager
Teenager
KareBear

Female Join date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 4:09 pm

indigochild wrote:
KareBear wrote:

Thank you, Karen! I love Aevyn's mask *and* name! How do you pronounce it? Does it have a meaning?

Oh thank you. :3 We're so worried he's losing that mask already. Aevyn is pronounced Ae-VIN. Aev like Avery, Yn like In. No meaning (as far as we know! lol)
Back to top Go down
indigochild
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 5:04 pm

KareBear wrote:
Oh thank you. :3 We're so worried he's losing that mask already. Aevyn is pronounced Ae-VIN. Aev like Avery, Yn like In. No meaning (as far as we know! lol)

I looked it up Very Happy ... means "silencer" Shocked lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We are expecting!!!!   We are expecting!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

We are expecting!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next