It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Meka does not like fireworks - at all!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
indigobluestarz
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Meka does not like fireworks - at all! Empty
PostSubject: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:21 pm

We went to the fireworks show in town last night but because Meka doesn't like loud noises, and the amount of people, decided to leave her at home. Because of the potty problems, and 2/3 of them being in our hallway, we gated off the hallway to keep her in the living room/dining room. We said a prayer for a living room in one piece when we got home and off we went.

We came home to the living room in one piece all right. However, she rammed that damn gate out of her way and had her husky butt shoved under our bed! She wouldn't come out until I called her a few times. My husband took her outside to do her business and when they came back in she stuck as close to me as she could for the rest of the night. Hopefully the gate will be up when I get home from work tonight ... lol

Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:51 pm

awww She was Scarred !~ Poor Pup !~ Bless her !~
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:06 pm

Awww poor baby was scared =( My 2 are like the only dogs that I've met that aren't scared of thunder or fireworks. I thought it was a husky thing
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Poor Meka! Our little Ghost decided she really didn't like fireworks either. At one point we had her outside and she ran and hid under some boxes on our porch. Then, as we've been able to get her to the point of going to the back door and scratching when she needs to be let out (awesome for an 11 week old!), I was just opening the door after she asked when a neighbor set off a mortar. Back into the house we went! Thankfully no accidents on that one, but I hope we don't have any regressions on the potty training.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Meka does not like fireworks - at all! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Poor Meka baby! Our sibe is fine with them, in fact we brought him with us to the 4th of July fireworks show this year and he was so interested in getting attention from people that I don't think he even noticed the fireworks! Glory on the other hand is terrified of fireworks. Faith is indifferent.

Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 3:45 pm

The first time after we got her that we had a bad thunderstorm she started with the puppy zoomies when the thunder got loud. Hubby got her to curl up on the couch with him eventually and now every time we have a storm she sticks close by to one of us. Our cats aren't bothered at all by storms or anything so I never gave a thought to her being scared. I'm glad we didn't take her with us though because I don't know how she should have been out in the open with all the people around. She got spoiled with lots of cuddles last night so I think she was ok with that part of it lol.
Back to top Go down
KareBear
Teenager
Teenager
KareBear

Female Join date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 4:18 pm

I've had some bad experiences with fireworks and dogs in the past. When I was younger our family dog, Mysty, a golden retriever jumped out of our moving vehicle and ran so long and so hard that when we finally found her the pads on her feet had been torn up. She had to wear booties and a cone for a while.

Aevyn, however, doesn't care. At all. He doesn't care about fireworks, thunderstorms, the vacuum, pots falling on our kitchen floor - nothing. Acts like they aren't there at all. lol

And I have to say, I was a little disappointed, I had wanted to see him try to eat our vacuum like our other pets.
Back to top Go down
indigobluestarz
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:41 pm

Awww.... poor Mysty!

KareBear wrote:

And I have to say, I was a little disappointed, I had wanted to see him try to eat our vacuum like our other pets.
lol!

Cute! Meka doesn't care about the vacuum or other loud household noises. Hubby and I did have one good fight since we've had her and when we got yelling at each other she hung her head and tried to hide. And then I felt bad..... lol.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Sierra stuck close to us the last 2 nights from the fireworks, odd that she was not fazed by gun fire...

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:15 pm

KareBear wrote:
Aevyn, however, doesn't care. At all. He doesn't care about fireworks, thunderstorms, the vacuum, pots falling on our kitchen floor - nothing. Acts like they aren't there at all. lol

That's our Koda! During the fireworks he just propped his paws on the balcony and tried to see what was up and then laid down to snooze, and he slept through the people doing fireworks and sparks in the parking lot. All our dogs haven't had an issue with fireworks.
And the vacuum.. Koda comes up to it and WANTS me to vacuum him, he especially loves it being done under his chin/on his neck, ahaha.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 6:22 pm

All of mine handle all sorts of noise. It's probably because there's no way around it living here. Loud noises happen almost every day. Whether I jab my scalp with a cabinet door or we're out camping with a friend and his AR-15 (amongst the rest of the arsenal), these dogs can handle the worst of noises.

Not that I really know how it happened that way. Our single Malamute, Lakota, was absolutely terrified of that stuff. It was also when our lifestyle was much more sedated.
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 pm

I thought Frankie was fine with fireworks. We didn't have any problems last year or new years eve and he is usually fine with loud noises.
I have no idea what happened yesterday. My neighbor started setting off firecrackers early in the afternoon. We were out back in the pool. Frankie freaked so bad, he wouldn't come back in the pool and was trying to figure out how to jump the fence. He was a mess the rest of the day. Bruiser is scared of everything, so I was not surprised by him. My dad stayed home with the pups so I could take my son to see the fireworks at night. My dad said the dogs were a mess. They wouldn't even take their nightly treats. I am shocked. I have never seen Frankie this way. I hope he doesn't start acting like this with thunder now.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 8:53 pm

When Mylo was younger noise never fazed him a bit, but in his last 2 or 3 years he had a low tolerance for fireworks,thunder and gun fire.

With my poor hearing that was the only way I knew if there was a thunderstorm at night he always had to wake me, I think to let me know he was going to be hiding in the bathroom. Weird but I loved him any how . Smile
Back to top Go down
TattooedBeauty
Newborn
Newborn
TattooedBeauty

Female Join date : 2011-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 12:17 am

i have three dogs at home, Diesel, my american bulldog (3), Drake my chocolate lab (11) and Jacob my husky/malamute (2) Diesel, isnt scared of fireworks at all, he chases them, i hae to put him inside when i get off mortors cuz he runs right up to them and tries biting them!! he was running back and forth in the yard barking and growlig everytime one went off. Drake, on the other hand ran inside and actually pee'd!!! poor guy! Jacob, was chilling outside, he wouldnt go far from the back door and jumped a little everytime one went off, so i let him in, he went into my room and just laid on the bed, when i came in and laid down he laid on top of me and started licking me and sniffing me...i just assumed he was making sure i was ok.

he DEF doesnt like the vaccuum cleaner though! he hates it! diesel attacks it. lol
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/jacquelineleanalopez
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meka does not like fireworks - at all!   Meka does not like fireworks - at all! Empty

Back to top Go down

Meka does not like fireworks - at all!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1