It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL Empty
PostSubject: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:31 am

I'm going to try and make a long
story short. Basically I have an idiot of a co-worker who purchased a
husky puppy because her 16yr old son wanted it and was depressed. She a)
doesn't even like dogs and b) knew NOTHING about the breed. When she
told me this I immediately gave her the ALL of their traits and told her
to really think it through and take her back to the puppy store, but
she kept her. She's run away 3 times, almost got run over, and spends
all day alone. Oh, and NO WALKS because she "has no time". She can't
even walk on a leash properly. The poor dog is being totally neglected
and it breaks my heart! She just told me that she can't take "the stupid
dog" anymore and needs to give her away. Coincidentally her name is MYA
and was born on Kodys birthday. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I could
keep her, but that's not possible. She has all of her papers and is up
to date on shots, but isn't spayed. She'll be sending me pics soon.

Florida people please please please please pass along to anybody who might want this poor little girl =(
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:35 am

That's so sad. I hope she finds a much better home than her current one.

Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:47 am

Very Sad Id Take her if i was closer Sad !~~
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:48 am

I hope you can help find a better home for the poor girl Sad

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 am

I know girls...this sucks! I wish my Mya was doggie friendly and I would find a way to convince hubby to keep her!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:52 am

Contact the rescues in your area too. There are a few that we voted on for the donation aren't there? Is one near you? I'm sure they'd be able to at least get the word out if they can't take her in.

Good luck! Poor girl Sad

home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL Hailey10
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:56 am

Koda wrote:
Contact the rescues in your area too. There are a few that we voted on for the donation aren't there? Is one near you? I'm sure they'd be able to at least get the word out if they can't take her in.

Good luck! Poor girl Sad

Yep, they're on it! Now to get this lady to actually send me pics of her and her vet records Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 pm

I hate people who buy dogs for stupid reasons!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:05 pm

arooroomom wrote:
I hate people who buy dogs for stupid reasons!

KRISTINA I'M SO MADDDDDDD!!!!
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:06 pm

This is a good lesson for all of you young folks without children.... If, oh, say, about 20 years from now your 16 year old son (or daughter) tries to convince you that he could become the sole caregiver of ANY dog.... DO NO BELIEVE HIM! For some reason 16 year olds believe that 10 tosses of a ball, 3 belly rubs and a little food in the bowl constitutes "dog care".

Believe me... I've got the puppy and I've got the near-16 year old. You have to all want the dog and make him a family dog, or don't get him!

Wish I could take her....
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:35 pm

I think everyone who wants to get a dog, whether it's to rescue or buy, adult or puppy, they ALL need to apply for dog ownership license! Must be 21 years or older, otherwise, parent or guardian must be co-applicant! Very Happy

Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Sad This makes me so sad. I wish i could take her. I will put the word out also. Is she giving the dog away or is she looking for a fee?
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 12:49 pm

I know Dee...this makes me so sad also and I too wish that I could keep her =( She's giving her away...no fee. I just found that she's not sure if she has her shots though =\
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:05 pm

How can you be the caregiver of a child with a dog and not KNOW if the dog has had her shots??? That's crazy....
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 1:22 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
How can you be the caregiver of a child with a dog and not KNOW if the dog has had her shots??? That's crazy....

Tell me about it!!! She's like oh I never took her for shots after she told me that she did have her shots. I'm so confused scratch She got her from a puppy store and she should have come with her first round of shots. A few weeks after getting her she had to take her to the vet because she had diarrhea so I'm assuming that the vet asked if she had her 2nd round of puppy shots and gave them to her if she didn't. Maybe this lady doesn't even know what the dog does have or not Evil or Very Mad I told her to call the vet and get her vet records. Geez! I also have her the email address for one of the guys from the sibe rescue down here and he's willing to help her. I told her to send him everything that she has on her and work with him directly.

I'm normally very shy and not outspoken at all, but I had to tell her what I thought. I told her that I hope she learned her lesson to not just go buy a dog because her son was "depressed". They're like kids and need to be cared for and with her the poor dog is not getting the care that she needs. She agreed with me and said that she feels bad for the dog because she doesn't get attention. Fine, you feel bad for the dog, but letting her get out 3 times and almost run over is so irresponsible! C'mon now! GRRRRRRRR!
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 9:49 pm

cmanding wrote:
I think everyone who wants to get a dog, whether it's to rescue or buy, adult or puppy, they ALL need to apply for dog ownership license! Must be 21 years or older, otherwise, parent or guardian must be co-applicant! Very Happy
to be honest with you I'm 19 years old almost 20 now. I have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I have my own car, house and I have a job. I totally agree with you but id say 18 and older with a resume lol!

As for that poor puppy! What kind of parent buys a depressed child a dog? I mean I know you want to make him happy but that's not what a teenager needs. People just don't use there heads any more. Ugh this upsets me very much so!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyWed Jul 18, 2012 11:59 pm

Sad Mad poor puppy. I'd take her if I could, but I'm a bit far away...
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:59 am

This post is a year old... Wink
Back to top Go down
Juturna67
Puppy
Puppy
Juturna67

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 7:06 am

Why doesn't this happen in LA where I live?! I'm looking for a friend for my girl.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 pm

I am sorry to hear about this, its a shame. But I have a son who since the age of about 13 has been the primary caregiver for all the dogs we have had. What I mean by that is that since the DH and I both work, this son takes the dogs out, walks them, plays with them, cuts their nails. Cleans up after them, even teaches them tricks! I'm not kidding. He is just awesome! Our dogs are family dogs of course, but my son (now 20) loves dogs and just loves interacting with them.

I know I am blessed! He definitely got his love for dogs from his Momma!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 1:57 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
This post is a year old... Wink

Doh! Didn't notice that! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
benb023
Newborn
Newborn
benb023

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 3:44 pm

maybe what the depressed son needed was love from his parents that just don't have "any time". iI hope the husky made it to the rescue contact that was provided.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 9:10 pm

benb023 wrote:
iI hope the husky made it to the rescue contact that was provided.

Nope. After this whole ordeal she decides to keep the her! Then the son moves in with the father and takes the dog. So I have no idea what's going on with her Sad
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 10:00 pm

I hope the dog is ok! I know how it is! One of the dogs I rehomed stayed with the dad when they divorced too - so I just hope the dogwalker is giving the mom updates. I'd swoop in and grab her myself if anything happened...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL   home - Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL Empty

Back to top Go down

Black/white Female, 10month old in need of home in Miami, FL

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1