It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID Empty
PostSubject: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:10 pm

So, my wife and I spent the previous week in Island Park, ID. We stayed at a family cabin. I thought I'd share some photos from the week.

Me with Appa and Willow by a little stream, this was shortly after our 5.5hr drive.
park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID Img_3010

This is what Willow looked like almost the entire week. She was great and never had any desire to run away so she stayed off leash. She romped and played in the woods all day long. We thought maybe she'd keep Appa close by if we let him off leash, within 10 seconds I was chasing him through the woods down a hill. Silly me. He stayed on-leash the rest of the week.
park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID Img_3011

They played hard, and worked up a thirst. I actually moved the bowl on to the table to prevent them from stepping on it. We looked over to find this sight. (by the way, love the bowl)
park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID Img_0310

This was Appa's first trip in a little boat. He did great. We floated down the snake river for about 3 hours the following day (forgot a camera). He sat majestically at the front of the boat almost the entire time. No fussing. Part way down it was shallow enough to touch, so we let him out to swim and cool off. He didn't like it one bit. He wanted back in the boat as quickly as possible. I don't think we got one of those water loving pups. When we finished our trip down the river he ran up onto dry land and started going to the bathroom instantly. He must have been holding it, and never fussed once. He's a good guy.
park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID Kidsin10

And right before we got in the car to head home.
park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID Img_3110
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:16 pm

lol! that pic of Willow running!!! glad you got Appa back after the "test"

that boat pic is super cute Smile

so what did you do all week i want to see more pictures Smile

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 6:41 pm

Great pics and gorgeous place to visit! That water bowl pic is too cute! I love you

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 8:39 pm

I love the pic of Appa sitting on the boat. So cute!! Adorable pics!
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Boy is getting HUGE!!! I can vividly imagine the instant you realized, "crap, this isn't gonna work." Definitely some sled brain action there.

So... How was the drive?
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 4:49 pm

I love Appa! He's such a handsome guy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Agreed, Appa is SO handsome and has SUCH a sweet face! Glad they had fun Smile
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:21 pm

Awesome pics! How big is Appa now? Have you weighed him recently?
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Fantastic pics! He's gorgeous and has gotten big! I also wanna know how many lbs! Smile
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:33 pm

Thanks guys! I'll try to get some more pictures up... Yeah, he is getting big. We ran into some neighbors last night who have a boxer. When we got Appa their boxer was quite a bit bigger than Appa, now he stands taller than her. Our neighbor just laughed at how huge he's getting. When I took him in to get neutered on the 5th he was 59lbs and still going (although it might be backwards with how much hair he's losing right now). My wife keeps laughing at me "you would have picked out a monster dog!". Remember, she wanted a yorkie... But Appa thinks he's a lap dog some times, so she got what she wanted. Sorta.

The drive was as fantastic as you could have asked for, both there and back. We made one pit stop about halfway both times for food/water/bathroom/running around. Most of the time he just slept or stared out the windows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID   park - Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing with Dogs: Island Park, ID

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1