It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Adanac sleds and equipment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Adanac sleds and equipment Empty
PostSubject: Adanac sleds and equipment   Adanac sleds and equipment EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 7:28 pm

http://stores.adanacsleds.com/StoreFront.bok

i know we have been talking a lot about harnesses and belts and other things and i have been working with their department to get a line made for hiking with some features on it i would find helpful after the breakage of the standered line that was sent with my skijorring belt. i am expecting a box of samples in the next week to test out! their customer service has been great.

just putting a thread up with their info for when others are looking for equipment to use with their huskies out side Smile

Quote :

Hi Jennifer,

I just came in from the shop after reading your emails and I have come up with some options for you to try. I will send off a package today and lets see what works best for the lines.

1st option is a 6' line made from our chew resistant rope which is the light blue color. VERY strong but small diameter. Cut and chew resistant but will be very difficult to hold and pull dogs back because of small diameter. Also as it gets used it gets very soft and floppy but still strong and chew/cut resistant. Becaus it gets so floppy I don't think you would be able to get your hand into a loop of it part way up without using both hands. This would be a replacement for one of the damaged tuglines.

2nd option is made from our 3/8" black poly rope but I have added a spliced in hand loop at 4'. Total length is 6'. It can loop right onto the bungee that you are using now, just revoved the damaged tuglines. This will provide a bungee and a grab loop part way up and it is thicked diameter so easier to grab and will hold up to abrasion/chewing a little longer.

3rd option is a similar rope but longer with a built in bungee and grab loop. This would snap right into you belt.

4th option is a piece of hardware store rope I had in a drawer here and I just tied on a snap, a handle and a grab loop. I think it might be more abrasion/chew resistant but is not spliceable so I just tied it for you to try. It is not climbing rope but has a similar feel without the expense.

I will just send it off today and await some feedback. We can figure out some pricing based on what works or more input from you.

Jack

await my reviews Smile

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Adanac sleds and equipment   Adanac sleds and equipment EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 3:04 pm

My "test" lines show up over the weekend!!! to bad not hiking with dogs for a few weeks to test out Sad i will take pics and write a review on what i think will be the best. i think we have 1-2 winners in the samples, will test it on walks.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Adanac sleds and equipment   Adanac sleds and equipment EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 1:49 pm

Guess i never updated this.... well i love working with this company and i just ordered replacement custom lines (current lines are still good, but just in-case i got new ones) and a skijorring belt for this winter with leg loops on them.

Adanac sleds and equipment 2012-10-16084203
my custom lines and belt. the lines have a handle mid way to help me pull the pups in on trails when people and other dogs are near without cutting up my hand holding onto the thin rope. the blue rope is also their heavy duty, chew resistant line but its thin and light weight, as well as the bungee section at the top.

Adanac sleds and equipment 2012-10-16084210
close up of the belt with leg loops

Adanac sleds and equipment 2012-10-16084225
close up of the lines

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Adanac sleds and equipment   Adanac sleds and equipment EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 2:17 am

Looks good! I'm looking for something similar for running with our Malamutes. The skijor belt seems like it would be heavy/hot for running so I'm looking at the non padded. Have you tried that one?

I also have the same issue with the poly rope, I can't get a good grip on it due to size and it burns bare hands. I've been using a custom climbing rope leash that works pretty well but not chew resistant or lightweight.

Thanks for the review!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adanac sleds and equipment   Adanac sleds and equipment Empty

Back to top Go down

Adanac sleds and equipment

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1