It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What trick can your dog do?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

What trick can your dog do? Empty
PostSubject: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 pm

Willow loves to play fetch and she is getting really good at it. She has learned that she can leap pretty high and catch it in mid flight. The main part of my house is all open so we play ball in the house every night. It never gets old watching her do this. What cool tricks do your dogs do?
Back to top Go down
Navi
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:57 am

Mine can run and......run....and run......
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:54 am

Does removing bottle caps count as a trick?

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/15/etk.mp4/

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5180/etk.mp4
Back to top Go down
KareBear
Teenager
Teenager
KareBear

Female Join date : 2011-06-10

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:19 am

Aevyn likes to dance. He'll put his paws in my hands and he'll start bouncing around from side to side. :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 12:03 pm

Koda does your basics.. sit, lay, stay, shake, spin, wait.. he plays fetch and will jump in the air to catch a ball or toy. All Rogue knows right now is sit, need to get on teaching her the rest!
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:04 pm

Nikolai can do the basics, like sit, down, hold, leave it, gee/haw, come (not as well as I'd like, but decently). He's also good at High Paw! and Circle (spin). Trying to think of other fun things to train him.

ETA: Oh, he can catch just about anything you toss in his mouth, too. Especially fun with popcorn. ;-)
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:13 pm

Appa KNOWs sit, down, stay, shake, wait, "here", however, "on your back (the no shame pose)" he's being kind of a punk recently and is picking and choosing when he wants to obey some of those. He'll play fetch for a bit, but he seems to get bored/hot pretty quick. If you throw it high he loses it; I don't think he's learned that he can look up yet. And catching things in his mouth? Pah! Not even. I've tried tossing cheese and hot dogs at him, and they can hit him square in the nose and he doesn't do anything, just watches it fly at him.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:22 pm

Do your dogs "speak" on command? My first husky would have not "spoke" if her life depended on it!! We succeeded in teaching Sabaka to "speak", however, he HATES to do it. I need to try to get a video. He first looks like, "Oh no, you're not serious?" then "Oh, she's serious. I'll look away and maybe she'll forget that she asked me to do this dreadful thing..." then "Maybe if I move my mouth like a 'WOOF' is coming out but make no sound she'll be happy." He's SO funny!!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:48 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
Do your dogs "speak" on command? My first husky would have not "spoke" if her life depended on it!! We succeeded in teaching Sabaka to "speak", however, he HATES to do it. I need to try to get a video. He first looks like, "Oh no, you're not serious?" then "Oh, she's serious. I'll look away and maybe she'll forget that she asked me to do this dreadful thing..." then "Maybe if I move my mouth like a 'WOOF' is coming out but make no sound she'll be happy." He's SO funny!!

Ha! I get the same "You're not serious?" look from Chili when I try to play fetch or have him run after a ball! He did it once, brought it back and looked at me like "I know how this goes, and this is stupid. I'm not that kind of dog. You humans bore me." Laughing

Chili knows all his commands plus High Five (which he does with his whole body and much enthusiasm, it's kinda like a frat boy high five. hehe) When he does "Up" (jump), he looks HUUUUGE. He also does "touch noses", "kiss me" and "gimme belly". He also rolls over for tummy rubs when we approach him making wiggly fingers. Smile

Frosti is new - so working on her commands and tricks. She does do High Five though, it's so cute! I don't know if I taught her it or she knew it, because she picks up things so fast. Frosti can jump 6 ft from a stop, does that count? Wink She also sailed over a 4 1/2 ft gate at day care, leaping over a day care worker at the same time! I may start a husky version of Cirque de Soleil with her! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 6:03 pm

Embry can sing on command Smile it's so cute, except now he gets sing and sit confused and all he does is howl and bark when i try getting him to sit lol!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:41 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
Frosti is new - so working on her commands and tricks. She does do High Five though, it's so cute! I don't know if I taught her it or she knew it, because she picks up things so fast. Frosti can jump 6 ft from a stop, does that count? Wink She also sailed over a 4 1/2 ft gate at day care, leaping over a day care worker at the same time! I may start a husky version of Cirque de Soleil with her! Very Happy

I'd pay to see that! Willow is a great jumper! She will be sitting next to Dakota one minute and all I gotta do is throw that ball and she leaps over him from a sitting position like she has springs in her feet.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:41 pm

Willow just learned that if she flips her head she can throw the ball at me!! She hit me in the head! Now she won't stop!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:00 pm

Kale can spin, leave it command with treats on his paws, and rollover, and he does speak on command Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekwPtiGVLwI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkhL_QGT0U
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Jo
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 3:27 am

Chloe can shake, give kisses, hugs, and best of all, knows how to distract us so she can do something wrong. Then just be plain adorable when she gets caught. SIGH.....

JO
Back to top Go down
Domingo
Teenager
Teenager
Domingo

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:14 am

Isis can sit, lay down, roll over, fetch and "bring it back" (as two seperate commands), tug, and entertains people when she rings her "I need to go out" bell way too often.

She is also just starting to realize that she doesn't have to wait until the ball is on the floor stopped to grab it. She hasn't gotten it in midair yet, I think she's a bit scared of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What trick can your dog do?   What trick can your dog do? Empty

Back to top Go down

What trick can your dog do?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1