It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
firecallie
Newborn
Newborn
firecallie

I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  Empty
PostSubject: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:52 pm

So we've had Athena for 2 months and she's 6 months old. She still can't make it though the night without waking us up (crying in her crate) and having to go to the bathroom. When will that end, when will she make it through the night? Usually after that she will just go to bed until about 5 then need to go out again. She had a UTI and been on antibiotic for a month but still wakes us up.

Well she got spayed a few days ago. NOW I think she's just not getting enough excercise because she wakes us up at 2:00, then REFUSES to go back to sleep or LET US go back to sleep because she is whining and barking. It's not that she feels bad, if anything she's wound up in the morning. I seriously don't know what to do. I'm at my wits end with the waking up in the middle of the night. I hate to put her in a room all by herself in the back of the house but i'm beginning not to see another option.

Anyone had experience with this? What can I do?
Back to top Go down

I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:15 am

I hope it gets better. I wish I could help but Koda was using a doggy door at 7 weeks and Rogue sleeps from 10PM-6AM without waking us up (and still doesn't "wake" us up.. I feed them at 6 so she gets out. I wake her up usually at 3 to go pee because I feel bad though). Sad You sure no more UTI? And if you think she is just not getting enough exercise, why not increase it?
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 4:20 am

well since she just got spayed and can't really do much physical activity due to her stitches, why not some mental stimulation?

try teaching her a few new tricks before bed? you'd be surprised how quickly it can wear them out Smile also they have those treat puzzle balls and things like that you could get her to distract her and keep her brain busy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:32 am

Woops, didn't cconnect spay and no exercise. With jennet! Mental stimulation! Or get her some chews that last long to occupy her.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:24 pm

I totally understand what you're going through. Mya has always slept in for the most part, but Kody is a totally different story. He's up anywhere between 5am and 6am EVERYDAY! He's going to turn one in a few weeks and STILL does this. Don't know what to tell you except that it totally SUCKS!!!

We went out for a friends birthday on Friday night and got home at 4am. I let them out, they ran around, and played for a while and everything. You'd think he'd sleep until at least 9am. YEAH RIGHT! Up at 630am as usual. I slept an entire 2hrs I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  85993
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 4:20 pm

I got a sleeper... I usually have to wake him up at 9:00... (Don't hate me, it was a total accident)

I actually think that even with the stitches she should be able to go on a walk. We went on late night walks so he would be less likely to jump at squirrels and birds and less likely to meet loose dogs.

After day 4 or 5, we could not stop him from jumping on the bed and other crazy things that he should not have been doing having just had surgery.

Keep us posted!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:04 pm

You're one lucky lucky lucky girl Lisa! I don't think I'll ever be able to sleep in. People are always telling me "good, baby training!" and I'm like ummm..LOL.

Oh, the only suggestion that I could give is to fill her Kong with a mixture of fat free yogurt/canned pumpkin and freeze it. That entertains Kody for a good hour and makes him calm down a bit.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 9:49 pm

Doggie door here so not much help. I know when we travel I miss the door because it's a early wake up call for potty time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:20 pm

Is she lasting at least 6 hours through the night? She honestly can't be expected to last much longer than that because she can't physically hold it for longer than 6 hours at 6 months old. Next month you can enjoy uninterrupted hours! Razz

It will get better, but I echo the mental stimulation before bedtime and throughout the day. Little 20 minute training intervals are wonderful ways to wear her out.

I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  Hailey10
Back to top Go down
firecallie
Newborn
Newborn
firecallie

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:35 pm

Thanks for the advice! She is 6 months old and usually holds it around 4 hours or less. We worked on some tricks tonight, hopefully that will help. I can't imagine putting her all by herself in the back of the house crying. It's nice to know i'm not all alone with the insanely getting up. It is good practice for kids. Haha

Oh and we tried the KONG. She doesn't go crazy for it like a lot of other dogs do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?    I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?  Empty

Back to top Go down

I don't know how much longer I can take this...do you know when it will end?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1