It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Silly fears

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:22 pm

So Luka is if some strange things, but the strangest one has to be her fear of electronics that beep. Yes, like the kind of beep that the microwave makes when you push buttons. Razz

After working with her, she is now ok around most of our appliances that beep. But, the smoke alarm and the beep our carbon monoxide detector makes when it gets disconnected from its power supply still scare the crap out of her! The way our outlets are set up in our new house is really stupid, all the big appliances are connected to the same circuit breaker. Learning what appliances I can run together has been trial and error, so appliances and Luka's worst enemy the carbon monoxide detector have been beeping quite frequently. I can't help but crack up every time! Before we moved, Kitty could care less about things that beeped, but now after watching Lu freak out, Kat is now afraid of beeping too! affraid

Do any of your dogs have a fear of something that is totally silly or makes you burst out laughing?
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:39 pm

My parents lab/pit mix is afraid of the dark. It's hysterical Very Happy

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Silly fears 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 4:45 pm

Frosti was afraid of the swiffer, the shower and the washing machine when we got her, so we joke that her previous parents were super dirty people who never cleaned. Laughing

Chili's afraid of lawn mowers and other powered garden tools, I think it's the noise. There's a ton of gardening that gets done around the times of our morning walks, so I have to cross the street or else give them a wide berth!
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:04 pm

Shania was afraid of the sprinklers that sounded like rattle snakes. She had good reason though since she got nailed by one when she was younger.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:09 pm

embry is seriously afraid of everything, biggest baby ever!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Mya is a trooper and really isn't scared of anything, but Kody is scared of the metro rail. He's gotten better, but when I first started walking him near it he would freak out and get in between my legs and refuse to walk any further. He's not fond of the swifter vacuum either. So funny! Other than that I don't think he's scared of anything else.

They both could care less if it's thundering or not. First dogs I meet that aren't scared of it. Hmmm, could it be a "husky thing?" Suspect

Last edited by MelissaI on Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 6:14 pm

I can't think of a single thing that either Demon or Dakota are afraid of (except maybe being left behind).
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Dakota and Faith aren't afraid of anything, thankfully!

Our chihuahua, Glory, on the other hand is a different story. She's a fearful dog to begin with (she came to us that way as an adult) so she's afraid of a lot of things. But the one thing that I always cracks me up is her fear of frogs. For some strange, unknown reason she is absolutely terrified of frogs! Laughing

Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 8:42 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
embry is seriously afraid of everything, biggest baby ever!

Luka too!

Mine really are not afraid of thunder either. One of the few things that doesn't freak Lu out.

Val, the frog fear is funny! I wish Kitty was afraid of them. She likes to attack toads and then gets all foamy at the mouth from the bufotoxins. You think she would learn after the first few times. Good thing we don't have Cain toads by us or we would be in trouble!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Elara is afraid of little kids (bad experience with some when she was little) and Siku is afraid of the teeter totter which is very annoying, cause I want to do agility with her. But was funny cause Elara would happily go over the teeter at full height when she was only 4 months old! While Siku looked on in horrer.

Silly fears Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Britt09
Puppy
Puppy
Britt09

Female Join date : 2011-06-13

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 9:26 pm

Abby is afraid of kids too, I hate telling them that they can't pet her but Abby hides between my legs LOL.
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Frankie isn't really afraid of too much and if he is he will just keep going if I am there. However he is starting to feed off some of Bruiser's fears.
Bruiser is afraid of EVERYTHING! But the funniest thing he is afraid of is my mom's sneezes. Yup her sneezes and only hers. If anyone else sneezes he's ok, but if it's my mom he runs trying to find a place to hide (either under my legs or under the bed). It's really funny, but sometimes kinda sad since my mom has severe allergies and sneezes frequently. She has a sneeze attack almost every morning before she takes her meds.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:00 am

I wouldn't say this is a silly fear, but it's the only thing Dakota is afraid of and it's of certain men. It's not all men, just some. The only common denominator I can point out is they are stocky men. He has been like that since the time I got him at 12 weeks of age so I have often wondered if the husband of the breeder was mean to them. I never got to meet him so I don't know if he was stocky or not. Dakota puts on a good front, he will bark at them but he always stays real close to me and if he is infront of me, he will keep looking back at me like he's making sure I'm still there. That is the only time Dakota ever barks so I know he's uncomfortable when it happens. One of my sons friends brings this out in him on the rare occasion this kid comes over to pick up my son. He was a football player so he is pretty built. Dakota will not stop barking until he leaves our house. So far, Willow isn't afraid of anything...
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-06-03

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:22 pm

We were temporarily fostering Demon's sister when we first got him and she was afraid of kids and pretty much everything. The funniest thing she was afraid of was this blanket that we would put over her crate, it's a black blanket with a huge white tiger face on it and it fell halfway off her crate once so you could see the whole face. She totally freaked out and refused to go near her crate until we removed it. When I heard her barking at it, it took me a good 5-7 minutes to realize it was the blanket she was barking at and then hubby and I couldn't stop laughing.
Demon is afraid of hardly anything and if he shows fear of anything he seems to quickly get over it. The only fear he hasn't gotten over is fireworks. On the 4th we bought our own fireworks and one blew up in our backyard, he's been scared of loud bang's ever since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silly fears Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silly fears   Silly fears Empty

Back to top Go down

Silly fears

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1