It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

The Husky at animal control...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

The Husky at animal control... Empty
PostSubject: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:24 pm

So they called me today earlier to say I could come get her tomorrow! I was so excited. I was babbling on and on and I said "Oh, so the other people didn't want her?" and the woman said "She came in as a stray, and we only hold them 5 days." So STUPIDLY I said "I mean someone put a deposit on her minutes before I did, then I put a 2nd hold on her." She goes "Huh? What? Hmm... Wow good thing you said something, I totally missed that! Let me call you back..."

And then she didn't call back.

UGH. I'm so mad. Can't keep my freaking mouth shut. I think i'm going to go down there tomorrow morning anyway see if I can't be a pain in the but somehow. I seriously do NOT want these people to have her!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:26 pm

oh shit! i hate those foot in moth moments! i think i would have kept going on as well, i never get the "clue" to shut up!! i would be there when the doors open and get her out of there!!! good luck!

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:39 pm

We need a face palm emoticon! I'm sure the dog will end up back in the shelter if those people DO get her..
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 9:16 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
We need a face palm emoticon!

+1 Well you can hope for the best. I did a home visit on a not so great looking family and didn't have high hopes at first. But after talking with them and seeing that they were already replacing their 6ft wood fence for an 8ft plus 1ft undergound fence and told me all these great stories about their last husky mix, I knew they would be a great family.

Hopefully those people will be a good family and if not, you'll probably be seeing the poor pup in the pound again. I would try and figure out when they are going to be picking her up and talk to them.

The Husky at animal control... Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 11:47 pm

SaraB wrote:
I would try and figure out when they are going to be picking her up and talk to them.

I agree! Maybe if you tell them you have experience with the breed and if they ever decide she is too much for them to contact you directly.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:56 am

i hate when i do things like that! i hope the other family passes!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:03 pm

Went down there this morning and it was packed! Was there when the gates were opened and I was like the 5th car in line! Spoke with the woman at the front desk who actually turned out to be the woman who called me last night. She knew who I was almost immediately and apologized for not calling back. She explained what happened (basically my hold somehow override the original hold) but she had not yet heard back from the person. She called them last night and left a VM I suppose and as of this morning, there hasn't been a call back. She was actually really nice and went through a lot of trouble to find out what was going on with the dog even though the reception area was packed.

She said if they don't hear anything in 48 hours (Sunday night approx) they'll call me and she also gave me a card with her number and extension so I could call and find out what was going on whenever I wanted. She was very nice and very helpful and I think she really liked me. So... here's hoping!

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:17 pm

I have a feeling that those people aren't going to call back and you'll get her!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Bad news... she's no longer listed online which i'm about 99% sure they came and got her. Oh well. Lets hope they are good people who will give her what she needs or that they return her back to Animal care.

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:48 pm

http://www.petharbor.com/pet.asp?uaid=BRWD.A1467857

Could she be back that fast?! Looks like her.

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:56 pm

I thought she was lighter colored?

The Husky at animal control... Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Coloring is the same really, the mask (or lack of) is too. I'll call them later- wait time was 30 minutes Shocked

Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 3:27 pm

Just call again and ask! Smile

The Husky at animal control... Hailey10
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Well? Did you call back? Was it her?

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Can't always go by pictures taken at different times and places as the lighting changes all the time.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:40 pm

Couldn't get through. Gonna call tomorrow as that's when the actual shelter answers the phone, not the call system. The actual shelter is closed to the public on Mondays.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Husky at animal control...   The Husky at animal control... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Husky at animal control...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1