It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puppy Eye Discharge

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snowflake20
Puppy
Puppy
Snowflake20

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

Puppy Eye Discharge  Empty
PostSubject: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:01 am

Hi everyone!
So I have a question about Durbin. Every day it seems like I’m cleaning his eye boogers, its normally just one eye sometimes both. His eye did look a little watery last night. What could this be? Allergies? He’s eating BB Puppy Formula with BB salmon mixed in. He gets about 1 ¼ a day is that too much for his age he is 13 weeks now 25 pounds. He does not have any runny poo or anything. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:08 am

He might have an eye infection. That started happening to Mya and I took her to the vet, he prescribed some ointment, and it got better within a few days.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:25 am

If the discharge is yellow or green and/or has a slight odor to it, it's more than likely an infection. However, discharge like described could also be a scratch on the 'cornea' of his eye. If it's just plain ol' eye boogies that is brown, no odor and not excessive, I don't think there is a worry. However, if it IS somewhat like I described, take him to get his eyes checked. If it's a scratch, it'll be a different type of eye drop/ointment than if it's an allergy.

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:27 am

I'd take Durbin to the vet and have them look at it. I could be conjunctivitis which is easily treated with some take home eye drops. One of our dogs we adopted came home with runny eyes, we took her to the vet and she did have conjunctivitis. Vet put some drops and ointment in her eyes and sent us home with Neo-Poly-Dex eye drops to apply for the next 7 days, her eyes cleared up after a few days.

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:55 am

I hope his eye gets better! Melissa, I did want to just hijack this thread some and say that this weekend Claudia and I are meeting up at the State Fair Grounds park and Durbin would be welcome to come! If you want to e-mail us/FB/give a number we could let you know when we end up going (since we have to work around storms).

My mom's chi always had eye boogers and was watery.. went to the vet and there wasn't really ever anything more than "there's a scratch" which was from her messing with it. I think it's due to food issues in the chi's case (they're fed Iams) but BB is a good food.
Back to top Go down
Snowflake20
Puppy
Puppy
Snowflake20

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:24 pm

Well his discharge is like a clear milky white. It’s not brown or green. So it might be a scratch I have also noticed that since he was little that the white of his eyes turns red when it’s night time and sometimes during the day. I asked the vet about it and he really didn’t know what it was. He checked his eyes and said there wasn’t anything wrong that he could see. Has anyone experienced this with their husky? I just think that maybe he is tired or something. Heather I would love to meet up. My weekend isn’t really booked up at all. Where is the state fair grounds park at? If it’s close to Denver I will be able to go. I can add you on FB I think that I have seen your page on the MM & HH page.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Go ahead and add, I am on the MM&HH page Smile
This is where it is, copied from a website: Dog Park on Douglas County Fairgrounds. Two separate dog areas, one is usually closed (the grass is trying to take hold). No water, no trees, one bench. Very safe gate systems. Well-fenced. Can get muddy. Location: Take Plum Creek Drive East from I-25. About 2 miles, at the southeast end of the fairgrounds just off Plum Creek Drive. Across from softball and football fields.

It's off exit 181. It takes me about 40 minutes to get there and Claudia says it's about the same for her, which is weird because it only takes me 60-70 minutes to get to her house.

BTW, wow, he seems so much bigger than my Rogiebear! She is 15 weeks tomorrow and I don't think much more than 14lbs maybe!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Heatherlee wrote:
my Rogiebear!

lol! I LOVE IT!!!

Puppy
Puppy
Snowflake20

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:04 pm

Heather I just looked it up it says that Im about 32 mins away from it which isnt to bad. I will add you on FB soon. As for Durbin I was kinda guessing his weight when I last weighed him he was 20 pounds and that was last week lol so maybe not a full 25. He really doesn't look that big to me at all hes kinda tall I think but im not sure I don't have other Husky his age to compare him to. I cant wait tell he meets Rogue and Koda he hasn't played with another husky since my roommate gave her husky (his sister) away.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 2:52 pm

hmmm... Im an RVT and i think that you should go to another vet and get a second opinion; or go to the same place but request a different Dr if there is one, sometimes Drs in one practice collaborate. milky white discharge can be normal but in excess it could be something else. has he been having any discharge from his nose at all? is he itchy or licking at his paws?
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:08 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Heatherlee wrote:
my Rogiebear!

lol! I LOVE IT!!!

That's practically her name, we hardly call her Rogue, LOL! I am so depressed because I am not part of the bear club. Jearbear, Kodabear, Rogiebear..
Back to top Go down
SiberianHuskySibhee
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:42 am

The dog may have an eye infection. Is the discharge frequent and a lot?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppy Eye Discharge    Puppy Eye Discharge  Empty

Back to top Go down

Puppy Eye Discharge

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1