It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Crate accessories

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
HuskyLuvver
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyLuvver

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:39 pm

I wanted to do up my pups crate since she loves it so much. The other day I put a towl on it and she seemed to like it, maybe it felt more secure. However, since she was pulling it in and chewing the towel Rolling Eyes Ive since decided to get a crate cover and maybe a pad for her to lay on. Can anyone recommend a good crate pad that she can't destroy? She loves to chew. Also, can anyone recommend a good site for a crate cover?

Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:39 am

My sibe doesn't like anything in his crate or on it. ANYTHING on or in his crate he will destroy but if it's uncovered and empty he's content. I know some other huskies are the same. And there is no such thing as indestructible. Wink

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:50 am

Huskyluv wrote:
My sibe doesn't like anything in his crate or on it. ANYTHING on or in his crate he will destroy but if it's uncovered and empty he's content. I know some other huskies are the same. And there is no such thing as indestructible. Wink
Mine are the same. The only thing that survives in there with them are a peanut butter Kong (but Hailey will eventually destroy the Kong) or frozen marrow bones.

Crate accessories Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:03 am

Huskyluv wrote:

ditto here. Indestructiable is not in the husky dictionary. Frankie would not touch the toys in his crate even a filled Kong. But once I got home and let him out, he would go back to his crate, get the toy, and bring it out to play with Rolling Eyes
I tried putting a queen size comforter over the crate one night thinking it might help him sleep better. I actually slept all night because he didn't make a peep, so I figured it worked! However, I woke up to the entire comforter in the crate and torn to shreds affraid . I still have no idea how he managed that one.
Back to top Go down
CrazyDogs
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2011-06-03

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:50 am

The only things we keep in Ghost's crate is an antler or marrow bone, and a non-stuffed animal toy. I put a regular blanket over his crate to help keep him quiet also, he'll whine non stop if I don't have something over it.
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:24 pm

Like CrazyDogs, Faolan just gets an antler, bully stick, and/or a stuffed kong in his crate with him overnight because otherwise he will get bored and whine. I don't cover it, though, because usually the toys will keep him occupied enough when he isn't sleeping.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 1:56 pm

Same here... nothing but a water bowl and either a nylabone or a frozen kong. Daily inspections are made on both toys as well.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 1:59 pm

I put a blanket in Cali's crate and she sleeps on it all the time. Even on the floor outside her crate she has a blanket she lays on. I have put a blanket over her crate here and there and she seems to be okay with it. she doesn't growl or anything and just relaxes inside when its on. She doesn't chew on anything thats not for her to chew on. She has toys but doesn't seem to care for them. She likes to walk out side, eat, and sleep/lay down...thats her life and its great. She has come to love her life here. In the works to try to let my landlord allow me to keep her.. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:25 pm

well if you want to spend money on a cover and pad and don't care if it gets destroyed go for it Wink you can find those things at the pet stores or a google search. we keep a folded up dog blanket from costco and a water dish as well as a rolled rawhide in the crate and thats it. we don't crate them any more but keep the crates for feeding or when some one comes to work on the house we can put them in the crate. they go in it some times on their own but for the most part they just hang out.

Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:06 pm

Luka has a blanket over his crate - 3 sides covered(one side by a wall), one side open - he loves it - he doesn't mind it not being covered but won't go in as much! He also has a pad for his crate - its waterproof and the outer layer is removable and machine washable - its one of these: http://www.petsathome.com/shop/3-peaks-crash-mat-dog-mattress-30822

He also has a cushion (its a big square one which always keeps cool, he loves it) which he will sit on while he eats/drinks out of his stainless steel bowls that are suspended about 5 inches off the floor (they're those clip on ones) - he will also sleep with his head on the pillow and the rest of his body on the mat - LOL!

He will keep all of his belongings either in his crate or on his bed in the living room - you'll never see them lying around unless he is really tired and has just passed out on the floor on his way to pick one of them up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:08 pm

My girls will destroy any beds I put in their crates, but they do pretty good with fleece blankets.

Crate accessories Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:58 pm

Nothing in Appa's crate. He pushes any blankets or pads out of the way so he can lay directly on the plastic floor. Weirdo.
Back to top Go down
Domingo
Teenager
Teenager
Domingo

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 pm

Isis attacked anything other than what we used as a test before we got her a bed; our used pillows. Also, she likes her crate covered, but not when she wants to get out, so she will drag anything in. Any blankets, she shreds, but so far, we've had luck using a dark colored sheet. She will still pull it in, but she doesn't shred it like a blanket.
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 5:10 pm

Both my GS and Husky like things that have fragrance. Thor the husky is the only dog we create and as long as his blanket smells like I just washed it he will roll on it and sniff it. But when it loses it's smell he starts shredding it.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories EmptyTue Jan 17, 2012 11:24 pm

Today I found some type of foam pads around the house and thought I would try them for Cali's bed. 4 of them were perfect to place side by side to completely cover the crate, the I put square ones on top of them and cut to fit, then put her blanket on them. She got in the crate, tried the bed out, then went to the usual couch...then RIGHT back to the bed and has been laying there for a good hour without moving, normally she gets and shifts alot...I think she loves her crate now more than anything around. She isn't even doing the usual dream running she does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crate accessories Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crate accessories   Crate accessories Empty

Back to top Go down

Crate accessories

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1