It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! Empty
PostSubject: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Here's a short video from today's meet up! It's a bit bouncy. Sorry about that Rolling Eyes

We left Mya at home, but we'll try taking her again next month. She needs to get over her diva-ness.

Can't wait for Kristina's pics! Hubby took some as well, but they wont' compare to hers...that's for sure..LOL!!!

Last edited by MelissaI on Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Great video! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 11:30 pm

Very Happy They're all so cute!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Hubby took some pics also. Of course they don't compare to Kristina's, but he tries..lol. Now he wants ANOTHER camera. Says the new one (that mind you he bought me) sucks..lol.

On to the pics!

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100627

Kody being a gentleman and sharing his water with his "twin" aka..Cheyenne!
SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100632

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100632

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100634

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100643

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100642

Kristina's Mishka in a dirt hole....cooling off!
SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100669

Welcoming committee
SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100670

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100665

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100664

Cheyenne is so pretty! I love you
SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100659

Kody doesn't understand this "non-husky" type of play..lol
SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100657

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100647

Odin =)
SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100646

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! P9100648

Here are all of the pics, but I don't think there's many more

https://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j173/fortunalis8/SFL%20Snowdogs%20Sept%20Meet%20Up/?start=0
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:36 pm

Ugh I haven't even hooked up my memory card to the computer yet, i'm being so lazy!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 3:39 pm

I was wondering where your pics were! Come on, come on, I wanna see!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:07 pm

aww i love that shot of Cheyenne, Melissa!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:42 am

Me too! She's such a sweetie!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:01 pm

that park looks sweet! what fun! our meet up is this sunday

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 3:49 pm

That park is really nice! The parks in Miami aren't as nice as that one. Like at all! Totally worth the 45min drive! Very Happy

Hmmm, I just realized this thread is under the videos. Can you pretty please move it under the meet up section? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:05 pm

We don't have a meet up here :'(

But they sure do look like a lot of fun!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:20 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Hmmm, I just realized this thread is under the videos. Can you pretty please move it under the meet up section? Thanks!

i did an admin thing Smile

Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:55 pm

Great pics and video. The park looks nice. Is the fence 6ft? It looks really short in the photo of the double gates. One of mine would be over that in a flash.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 pm

Do you personally know all these people with huskies?
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Brian, the gate to enter isn't 6ft, but that leads into another entry way so if even if they jumped they couldn't get out. The outside perimeter of the fence is definitely 6ft (or more!)

Mindy, nope. Kristina formed the SFL Snowdogs, created the FB page, hooked up with the sibe rescue, etc. She even had cards for the group made =) Now, after being at a few of the meet ups and from FB I do know a few of the people. Everybody's very nice!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Mindy they're all from our meetup group!

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm so envious! I would love to have husky playdates around here, I just can't seem to find anyone in our area. I found out there is a someone in town that have two huskies, but they are NEVER taken out of their backyard. I feel bad for them.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:36 pm

26nikita wrote:
I'm so envious! I would love to have husky playdates around here, I just can't seem to find anyone in our area. I found out there is a someone in town that have two huskies, but they are NEVER taken out of their backyard. I feel bad for them.

You and me both! And when I do find people with huskies in my area and suggest a playdate they disappear...starting to wonder if it's me. confused

Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:16 am

I saw someone with a husky at the dog park, but I didn't ask them about a playdate because I didn't want to appear creepy, hahah. And I know that one of Faolan's siblings is in my city somewhere, but I don't want to be a stalker and try and find out where, especially since all I have is a first name and last initial!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:41 am

There's so many huskies here it's ridiculous. Within a 1/4 mile radius of my place, there's about 6.. and I know about 8 houses on base that have at least one.. If I went searching outside my zipcode and base I'm sure I'd find tons more! I know there's a lot in northern COSprings too.. and then further northern CO way more. Shoot, we had like 40+ dogs at the last meet up! However a lot of these dogs aren't taken to parks that're in the Springs sadly, though in northern Springs the park there will sometimes have about 6 present.

I do love that park though, all the parks here for the most part are dirt or sand based. I LOVE grassy parks, so much that I try to drive every weekend 50 miles down to the 'grassy dog park' in Castle Rock! All the ones in AZ were grass, ironically enough.. and I swear AZ is the only place with 7-8ft tall fences at all their parks.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:11 am

I'm really surprised at the turn out we get honestly. Before I started this I would MAYBE see 1 Husky at the park every now and then.

Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:37 pm

arooroomom wrote:
I'm really surprised at the turn out we get honestly. Before I started this I would MAYBE see 1 Husky at the park every now and then.

Honestly, I just started going to the park again because of your meet ups. I used to go every day, but got real tired of people freaking out over husky play and others not understanding their own dog. It's nice to be able to go with a group of people who understand your dog and don't freak over stupid things and realize that IT's A Husky Thing Cool
I tried going to the boca park on sunday because I felt bad missing saturdays meet up. It wasn't the same without all of the other huskies. After about 20 minutes, Frankie plopped down. I said "you aren't ready to go home are you?" I guess he heard "ready to go home" and jumped up and walked straight to the gate, lol. The other dogs just don't cut it.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Yeah we've been going more often too. We went the other day and if it wasn't for me doing laps around the plantation park they would just lay down and face wrestle in the middle of the park lol They really love having a bunch of huskies to rough-house with!

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:01 pm

We hardly ever go to the dog park anymore either. We used to go once a week, but now it's more like once a month (to the meet up..lol). Mya doesn't enjoy it too much and Kody doesn't really get the attention from the other dogs that he wants. Now with all of the huskies he has the time of life. He's like "YES YES THEY'RE ACTUALLY CHASING ME!!!" LOL
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:27 am

Huskyluv wrote:
26nikita wrote:

You and me both! And when I do find people with huskies in my area and suggest a playdate they disappear...starting to wonder if it's me. confused

Most Mushers or Husky owners see their dogs as working/running machines that don´t have to do anything but pulling a sled or something else I think that is the reason..

Anubis would be so happy if he would meet so many huskeis to play with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!   SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics! Empty

Back to top Go down

SFL Snowdogs Meet up - video & pics!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next