It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Came across this facebook page....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snowflake20
Puppy
Puppy
Snowflake20

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

Came across this facebook page....  Empty
PostSubject: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:13 pm

So I was sitting at work bored and decided to see if there were any husky puppies available in Colorado. I don’t really plan on getting another one but it’s fun to look! While surfing I came across this Facebook page and it just seems weird. What is your guys take on this? I can’t tell if its people just wanting to make money or they are real breeders.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Siberian-Husky-Puppies-from-Colorado/156856317666771

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:22 pm

Looks like BYB's to me Sad

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:28 pm

The majority of breeders in Colorado are backyard breeders.. The breeders I found that were legit had kennels and did sports, and only bred when they were looking to expand.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:36 pm

It's hard for me to judge people from the inane ramblings of a facebook page (especially since I don't have one of those). Is there an actual website? That would go a long way in determining my view.

From the things on there I can read, they are not breeding to better the breed. Heather is right about Colorado, very few legit breeders out here. And getting into the legitimate breeder circle to be able to buy a pup would be a chore in itself.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Definitely a BYB. Sign #1: FB group doesn't mention a kennel name anywhere. "Siberian Husky Puppies from Colorado" is not a kennel name Razz A reputable breeder will breed for sport or show and always advertise a kennel name.

Came across this facebook page....  Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:49 pm

Eddy, no website they just have a FB page, how many flags does that rise!!!!

Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:53 pm

I agree with everyone...looks like BYB to me as well... Just from the title alone. No
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:00 pm

this is where Sierra came from after they rescued her from another breeder.
http://snowcapkennel.com/index.html
they had more huskies then moved the kennel, the new county would not let them keep so many huskies and they had to adopt out allot of there huskies and just kept the 3.

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:53 pm

jbealer wrote:
this is where Sierra came from after they rescued her from another breeder.
http://snowcapkennel.com/index.html

Jenn,

I went thru the whole photo gallery by habit ..........is that Sierra's pic the 2nd from last picture?
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:09 pm

Snowflake20 wrote:
So I was sitting at work bored and decided to see if there were any husky puppies available I don’t really plan on getting another one!

Laughing Ha ha ha thats the biggest mistake one can make.

Just keep looking and we'll see how long before you have the next one. Wink
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 12:14 am

Len, the first pic is sierra in the background behind the puppy and yes that is her 2nd to the end. That was the pic they used on craigslist that I fell in love with Smile she had 2 litters with them. I wish I could track down her pups but they never answered me when I asked.

Puppy
Puppy
Snowflake20

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 10:30 am

Here4thePics wrote:
Snowflake20 wrote:
So I was sitting at work bored and decided to see if there were any husky puppies available I don’t really plan on getting another one!

Laughing Ha ha ha thats the biggest mistake one can make.

Just keep looking and we'll see how long before you have the next one. Wink

Haha I know I have almost went and looked at some but didn't have the money so it didn't work out in the end. I would like to recue my next one, but the husky needs to be cat friendly so thats going to be a little hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Came across this facebook page....    Came across this facebook page....  Empty

Back to top Go down

Came across this facebook page....

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1