It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Rodeo is here :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

Rodeo is here :) Empty
PostSubject: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Watch this space for pictures since ya'll are so impatient!

Oh hai i'm Rodeo Very Happy

Rodeo is here :) 6170457753_2560dd808c_z
IMG_6558 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170458461_c7fa5bd659_z
IMG_6567 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170459163_252cd64e7e_z
IMG_6569 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170984464_c194240d70_z
IMG_6505 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170986110_d3111bde3d_z
IMG_6524 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170990326_d149430651_z
IMG_6556 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170455909_16a1c14f88_z
IMG_6555 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170451843_3e6655a2a7_z
IMG_6521 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170984872_53734e7323_z
IMG_6517 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170454917_9867bd7fcf_z
IMG_6543 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170987554_464e716c00_z
IMG_6542 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Rodeo is here :) 6170453417_5681506b69_z
IMG_6537 by HuskyMum, on Flickr

Got him today at 11 just as soon as they opened up. The 2 ladies who i've mostly been working with were there and they knew who I was as soon as I opened the door! They got all the paperwork taken care of and one of them went to get Rodeo from wherever the heck he was stashed. So i'm waiting waiting waiting and I can see his little nose around the corner. One of the girls came back and said they were having problems locating his microchip- it was coming up wrong. Turns out he HAD a microchip already. Uh oh! They kinda ignored it though and just changed his paperwork they gave me to the "right" microchip.

Kinda made me feel weird but... hey what can I say!!!

He's so GOSH DARN CUTE. He loves everyone and had a ball this afternoon at the dog park! Uploading the pics now!!!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!

Last edited by arooroomom on Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:05 pm

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! We were harassing you on FB! LOL!!!! Omg omg omg I can't wait to meet him!!! Hurry up Davie meet up and get here already!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:13 pm

What?! He was already microchipped and they ignored it? Was it registered to someone else? Sorry, I just know I would feel awful taking someone else's dog.

Congrats on finally getting him home though!

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Val, I don't know. I only heard parts of the conversation... All I know is they came back to the front, took my paperwork, and changed it. Going to call the company tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:22 pm

I was going to say the same thing as Val. As excited as I am for you and you are the best husky mom and Rodeo would be so happy with you, I think about if this happened with MY dogs and a shelter turned a blind eye to the fact that dog had a way to get home to me and let someone else take my dog home with them. I'd personally call the shelter(since you need to get the old micro number), ask about the situation, and figure what the deal is. It makes me want to cry thinking of this happening to Koda or Rogue.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:36 pm

Just looked up his microchip # online, shows no registered information...

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:52 pm

I'M OFFICIALLY IN LOVE!!!!! I love you How are the rest of your babies getting along with him?

Now you got me thinking about Kody's microchip. I'm looking it up and it's not showing up! WTF! affraid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:12 pm

I always thought you had to register on the sites but if you went to vets that all should be there. I'd have your vet scan it Mel. The vet could scan the chip Rogue has and it came up with her info but I had to do the online part myself.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:25 pm

This is so weird. We paid the $20 and got it registered the first day we got him, but now it's like I can't find it anywhere. I have a card with his microchip # and it's through Microchip ID systems, but that thing is so retarded. There's nowhere on the site (that I can find at least) that lets you pull up the ID #. How about if you want to update your info? I found another link and tried that and nothing. I'm going to call the 800 # tomorrow. That's not cool!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:25 pm

Oh he is so cute! You needed a red!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:42 pm

Such a cutie! I bet that romp at the park was just what he needed after spending all that time at the shelter. Wasn't he just neutered though or am I confused?

arooroomom wrote:
Val, I don't know. I only heard parts of the conversation... All I know is they came back to the front, took my paperwork, and changed it. Going to call the company tomorrow.

I would definitely call and verify tomorrow....especially since nothing is showing up online. I love that he's with you and I hope he gets to stay with you but it would drive me nuts knowing there's a possibility that he might have someone out there looking for him.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:54 pm

He was just neutered but as we were leaving the shelter he was doing zoomies on the stupid 5ft slip lead (bad Kristina forgot to bring a leash/collar to use) in the parking lot. He was going NUTS. Checked his incision, looks fine. We're going to stick with walks for the rest of the time but he HAD to let loose!

I'm going to call the microchip company (it's actually AKC companion animal something) and see what they say. It seems that I have to fill out a transfer ownership form or something to get the chip in my name, but the "previous owners" (if their info is somewhere in their database) have to sign off on the transfer and they have 30 days to do so. If they don't respond it's automatically accepted and in my name. If it's denied well I don't know what happens from there.

Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:56 pm

He's just too cute!!
I love you

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm in love with his freckles! He looks so happy! I hope it all works out for you Kristina cause I can't imagine him being happier anywhere else!
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 12:58 am

I Had Mira & Icon Chipped The Same day back in April .. then She got Loose back In July ... When she was Taken To Spca as a Stray she was Scanned & NOThin !! The Vet Even Begged me to Xray Her to see if it migrated ... BUt It Was NO where to Be found . She was rechipped That Day ... she gets Checked next Month This is the avid Brand One
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 12:58 am

OOhh and Rodeo IS GORGEous ! Very GOOD LOOker!~
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 1:28 am

I LOVE him!!! Congrats!

Keep us updated on the chip deal.

We use homeagain.

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:14 am

he's freaking gorgeous!! i'm so jealous! ahh! i really hope nothing comes up with the microchip lol
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:26 am

Beautiful dog! I so want a red next. Good luck figuring out the microchip stuff!
Back to top Go down
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:44 am

He is gorgeous and looks like a typical young Husky..... full of playful energy!!! I know it was love at first sight for you. Best wishes for you and the new baby.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 5:11 pm

What a gorgeous dog!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 8:52 am

So far no news on the chip. I've scoured every inch of the internet local ads and there's nothing about a lost Husky puppy. If there is even information on his chip i'm pretty sure those people could care less.

He's had the runs since he got here, me switching up the food probably isn't helping but after the last bag of TOTW i'm not buying it anymore. We've switched to Salmon Blue Wilderness for my kibble-tards. Bought some pumpkin yesterday and his first stool this morning was more solid-ish than it's been. Going to give him until mid week and if it's still an issue we'll head to the vet. Dam dog is SO skinny. All in all he's a great dog, and super lovey Smile All you have to do is pet him and he flops down on you asking for more. More pictures later I think we're going to the dog park.

Back to top Go down
Dee&Frankie
Adult
Adult
Dee&Frankie

Female Join date : 2011-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:19 am

I've been wondering how he's doing. I am so glad to hear he is adjusting well. I am also glad to hear that your looking into the chip (even though the shelter should have first). I'd be devastated if it was Frankie.

He is so stinkin cute. I can't wait to meet him. I'll be checking for more pics!!!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:42 am

Awww I hope his tummy gets better soon! Sounds just like Kody when he got here. Major runs, super skinny, and all too lovey! I love you I can't wait to meet him either!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:37 pm

hope his tummy gets better--and that he starts putting on weight, can't wait for more pics Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rodeo is here :)   Rodeo is here :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Rodeo is here :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next