It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kennel Tomorrow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Oi vey.

Bodhi is going into the kennel, aka "the slammer" or "puppy prison" tomorrow.
It's a great place and he'll be well loved and exercised.

But he's a rehome.
I've only had him for ten months and I don't want him to think he's being returned again.

Looking at him tonight, I feel so guilty.
Just looking for some reassurance...
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:16 pm

Until the day our first husky had to be put to sleep, she was the "Norm!" at the kennel. She suffered YEARS of dementia and I remember once saying that one of the few times I got to see the "old Sandy" (pre-dementia) was when she trotted into the waiting area at the kennel and all the girls yelled, "Sandy!! Sandy's here!!"

It's still hard... Sabaka is 10 months old and we can't leave him yet... Once they get used to it, I think it's okay!

P.S. You got the Norm reference from "Cheers", right? Some of these young people might not...Wink
Back to top Go down

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 12:58 am

A lot of dogs are my old work were rescues and their owners were SO paranoid they'd feel like they're being abandoned or would be mad when they picked them up, yadda yadda yadda, and they did amazing and ended up loving their time with us. Smile As long as there is staff that genuinely loves dogs I'm sure Bodhi will realize it's a fun and caring environment! Obviously pounds have a negative vibe and a lot of dogs giving off fear.. usually not the case at a good boarding facility!
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:03 am

My cat Blink actually checks himself in at the "spa." Since he is so big, I just carry him in. He jumps onto the counter, snuggles me good-bye, jumps down to where the computers are and gives the ladies a hello snuggle, jumps to the floor and walks into the cat room. I had to put Stormy in the kennel after only having him a few weeks. I felt guilty, but he loved it. Made a new friend (vet's dog) and gets spoiled.

My girls went often also. Once I had Shania in the pet store and heard from around the corner "That looks like Shania's butt. It is Shania!" It was some of the kennel girls LOL.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:07 am

Heatherlee wrote:
A lot of dogs are my old work were rescues and their owners were SO paranoid they'd feel like they're being abandoned or would be mad when they picked them up, yadda yadda yadda, and they did amazing and ended up loving their time with us. Smile As long as there is staff that genuinely loves dogs I'm sure Bodhi will realize it's a fun and caring environment! Obviously pounds have a negative vibe and a lot of dogs giving off fear.. usually not the case at a good boarding facility!

+1!

He'll be happy to see you again, but in a good place - he'll have a great time! The kids pull towards day care when we walk up and barge through the door. If I can't open it fast enough, Frosti noses it open! They love the attention from the staff and the fun with their friends! They were at a dog sitter for a week and loved it too. Can they give you an update? I always feel better after the first update!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 1:37 am

Thanks all.
Of course, you are right.
I am just a worrier. And perhaps anthropomorphizing.

Heatherlee, I am especially thankful for what you said about dogs giving off fear at the pound and not at a kennel.
That was very helpful, because this is a great kennel. The attendants love dogs.
So, hopefully it will be like a vacation for him...
Back to top Go down

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 2:25 am

One of the daycares back in AZ, I use to have to drag Koda out of and force him in my car. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 9:01 am

jalepeno wrote:
Oi vey.
, I feel so guilty.
Just looking for some reassurance...

I'm nearing/dreading that same situation, Beth and I are contemplating where we want to go this Xmas season possibly a week plus away. I dread the thought of kennel placement even though they would be well cared for. Hoping to get my past walker/feeder (shes in college now) to stay at the house since it will be December and cold. I want my kidz to be comfortable in the house at night not just trying to staying warm in the kennel.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:53 pm

Bodhi is back home from the kennel.
All was well.
He greeted me like he usually does in the morning when I get him out of his crate.
Not hysterically.
The attendants said he seemed happy and well adjusted.
A big sense of relief here!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 3:35 pm

i might have to do this over turkey day, i know i could find a great place to take them but i dont have $60-$70 a day for both of them to spend for a week away, after all we could not afford our tickets home and mom in law bought those.... i hope my friend does not back out i can't get a clear answer from her and i don't want to wait to long as this is prim booking at kennels for that week! maybe i could ask our vet..... did not think about that

Kennel Tomorrow Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kennel Tomorrow    Kennel Tomorrow Empty

Back to top Go down

Kennel Tomorrow

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1