It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
acc127
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2011-09-27

Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? Empty
PostSubject: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:50 pm

[img]Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? Photo_11[/img]

So I picked up Koda at a shelter for $25 and the only information I know is that the old owners couldn't afford him anymore. He is a great dog and I have had no problems with him at all, I just don't know if he is mixed and what he could be mixed with. Judging from the picture I posted, does anyone have any opinions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:52 pm

It's really hard to say without seeing a full length body photo of him. He definitely looks husky in the face, his ears are just shorter and a little far apart, but that stuff happens.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:54 pm

He looks like a Sibe to me Very Happy possibly a mal mix? have to wait and see how his body changes as he grows maybe. Someone with way more experience can give you a better answer tho lol Congrats on such a cute pup!!
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:55 pm

A better quality photo would be better. Just looks like his coat may be in sad shape. How old is he? Or how old are they estimating?

Looks mostly Siberian to me.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
acc127
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:05 pm

Thank you. He is 3 years old. When I got him he was completely shaven down to the undercoat. It's growing in but spotty in some places; the vet said it was normal to come back spotty. From the way he acts sometimes I think he was abused but I don't know why someone would spend so much money (I was told sibes were very expensive) on him to just abuse him. It's so confusing. I'm at the library right now typing a paper but this is probably the best picture I have on my phone right now that has his body in it.

Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? Photo_12
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:09 pm

I figured he was shaved at some point his coat looks like it. The face/ears make me think perhaps there is some Malamute in him but he could also just be a wooly Husky or perhaps a longer coated Husky.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
acc127
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:13 pm

I just looked up pictures of siberian/malamute pictures and he definitely does look like he might be that mix, but he is only 47 lbs.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 11:35 pm

Whatever he is, he's so cute I want to hug him!
Back to top Go down
acc127
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:02 am

haha yea he is a cutie. he is a lover. if you start petting him he won't let you stop. he'll lay in your lap on his back and paw you till you start petting him again. i guess it doesn't matter much what he is, just that he's a great friend. thanks for your input though everybody, i appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 1:17 pm

The Ears Look very Mal Face Looks very Husky I love Him !
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Thank you so much for rescuing him.
He looks mostly or all sibe to me, enough for for us to welcome you here!
Back to top Go down
acc127
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 4:27 pm

haha thank you for your approval. I'm really happy i rescued him, too. The story of how it happened is kind of funny actually: i had been thinking of getting a dog for a while, but hadn't found one yet. so one day my girlfriend wanted to go to shelter and look at dogs (not planning on adopting that day), so of course we went. As soon as we walked in all dogs went crazy; jumping and barking as loud as they could to get our attention. Then as we walked through the last isle of cages we stumbled upon Koda, who was just sitting down humble as ever and smiling at me. Right then I knew i found my new best friend lol. We went to walmart to get all of the necessities, and adopted him an hour later (11 days before they were going to put him down). I was really nervous for his first vet appointment because the shelter literally gave me no information about him; except they said he was a husky/chow mix (he was only $25 because he wasn't a purebred). So I had no idea what to expect when I brought him to vet and was definitely nervous that he might have health problems or something. But when the vet looked at him he said he thought Koda was a full-blooded siberian husky in perfect health. Some things are just meant to be i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?   Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input? Empty

Back to top Go down

Not sure if my dog is a mix. Any input?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1