It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Stupid dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jen
Puppy
Puppy
Jen

Female Join date : 2009-05-22

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptyFri May 22, 2009 5:36 pm

Everyone has heard that huskies, as well as the other northern breeds, are supposed to be intelligent. But I know we have all had those moments were we questioned the truth to that statement. I thought it might be fun to share some of those moments with each other. If you have pics even better.

So I will started it off.

We were driving from San Jose, CA to Sacromento, CA to visit my cousin and aunt. We got stuck in traffic so the 2 hr drive ended up being 4 hrs. As soon as we got to my cousin's house we let Sirmiq out in their backyard to run off some of his energy and go potty. Well they have an inground pool. Sirmiq had never seen water outside of his water dish up to this point (he was only like 6 mo old at this point), and it was night time, although they do have porch lights. As he was running around, I guess he didn't notice the pool and he ran right into it. It was kinda like in the cartoons when the guy is walking on air until he looks down and sees that there is no ground underneath of him and then he falls. That is what happened to Sirmiq, he ran over the water for a second before he ended up falling. He freaked out and I thought we were going to have to jump in after him, but luckily my boyfriend was able to get him close enough to the edge of the pool so he could pull him out. Needless to say, now when we go over there he is extra cautious about where he steps.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptyFri May 22, 2009 5:40 pm

LOL!! I had the SAME thing happen with Koda!

I was taking him on a walk down to the riverfront in our town. They have a nice park there that is exactly .5 mile away so I like doing a loop because it's a nice mile. Anyway, this was the first time we had been there in the warmer weather, so I took him down on the permanent cement dock. Well, the water was JUST coming over the surface of the cement and Koda was sniffing around. I don't get it- he could SEE the darkness of the water, but he literally walked RIGHT off the dock. His face was absolutely priceless! Watching him climb out was just hysterical because he had this face on like "MOM!! WHAT HAPPENED!?" The poor boy. At least it was warm enough I'm sure it was a welcomed cool down Smile

Nice thread Smile
Back to top Go down
Ruger
Releaser Pheromone
Ruger

Male Join date : 2009-05-22

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptyFri May 22, 2009 6:26 pm

Haha thats pretty funny. Ruger slips in our pool all the time from running around it like a maniac. He has also just recently learned my from water loving Lab that he can run and jump into the pool. So now Ruger dive bombs you when your in the pool...lol gotta love em. jocolor
Back to top Go down
AliVegas
Newborn
Newborn
AliVegas

Female Join date : 2009-05-21

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptySat May 23, 2009 2:52 pm

Mika bounces along on walks and runs her head into trees.
Back to top Go down
Jen
Puppy
Puppy
Jen

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:09 pm

AliVegas wrote:

LOL. I have a picture of this in my head and it is pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
AliVegas
Newborn
Newborn
AliVegas

Female Join date : 2009-05-21

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:12 pm

Jen wrote:
AliVegas wrote:

LOL. I have a picture of this in my head and it is pretty funny.

haha. It was funny at the time too. Or sometimes she'll just run forward while looking at me and smack into the wall.
Back to top Go down
Jen
Puppy
Puppy
Jen

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptySat May 23, 2009 4:22 pm

Sirmiq has a retarded back foot. He will go to scratch himself, like his ear, and he won't be able to get his foot to go where he wants. His foot normally ends of hitting him in the face, then he gets mad at it and starts growling and biting it. We can't leave him tied up because if he gets his foot tangled, his first reaction is to bite it off.

Kiwi is a border collie/ACD mix. Both breeds are supposed to be intelligent, but she has a really bad habit of getting her head stuck in things. He head is seriously stuck in this box, we had to rip the box to get her head out.

Stupid dogs Random10
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptySat May 23, 2009 9:33 pm

LMAO- Jen that's hysterical on both accounts! That picture made me laugh out loud Smile
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptySun May 24, 2009 3:44 am

Holy crap! I love the fact that you left the dog with his head stuck in the box so that you could run, grab a camera and take a picture!

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
sunshinehuskies
Teenager
Teenager
sunshinehuskies

Female Join date : 2009-05-25

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 12:37 am

I also had a nice lake that I walked my dogs around. When the weather warmed up, I started taking them down to it so they could get in , if they wanted. Sometmes I would throw a stick into the water for them to chase...not to far though. It was more like a gentle lob so they would not go to far out. One time I did this and Dora went after the stick and appearently the stick was to far out and she disappeared under the water. She came back up after a second and was like what the heck someone come get me! She was always careful around that lake afterwards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sunshinehuskies
Ruger
Releaser Pheromone
Ruger

Male Join date : 2009-05-22

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:16 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
StellasMomma
Newborn
Newborn
StellasMomma

Female Join date : 2009-06-19

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptyFri Jun 19, 2009 1:49 am

Stella has a fascination with birds, and has fallen off the curb a few times when she was distracted by a bird while we were walking. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://mrsjuicebox.blogspot.com
booboo
Newborn
Newborn
booboo

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: The squirrel fetish   Stupid dogs EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Sooooo our dogs name is booboo...not on purpose, we wanted to name her Zodiac...but I started nicknaming her booboo just as a joke and sure enough the dunderhead thought her name was booboo...anyhow...

she has a fetish with squirrels...EVERYTHING to her is a squirrel...the 2 ton trucks on the road are squirrels, the bald man walking on the sidewalk is a squirrel, the "drop kick-able" toy terriers are squirrels...and so forth. The poor dog is just confused. Whenever a "squirrel" is in site she does this annoying female whine from the back of her throat...and proceeds to dance like a bear with her front paws in the air. She then thinks the word "No" means "Yes" and gets even more excited every time the word "No" is said...yes...boo boo may be beautiful, but she sure isn't the smartest pup in the litter.

Stupid dogs IMAG0079
Back to top Go down
TyphonInc
Puppy
Puppy
TyphonInc

Male Join date : 2009-06-23

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:35 am

booboo wrote:
, the "drop kick-able" toy terriers are squirrels...

lol. My previous neighbor has 4 miniature dogs. We have nicknamed the pack "SPA's" an acronym for Small Puntable Animal.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 am

TyphonInc wrote:
booboo wrote:

lol. My previous neighbor has 4 miniature dogs. We have nicknamed the pack "SPA's" an acronym for Small Puntable Animal.
I laughed out loud at that too. My best friend calls the "drop-kick dogs" Smile

Stupid dogs Hailey10
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 12:07 pm

Koda wrote:
TyphonInc wrote:
booboo wrote:

I call every small dog a bunny. Sitka then perks his ears and walks over to sniff the dog to make sure it's not a bunny. One day I'm hoping that he'll eat the dog. Hmmm... if that's my goal maybe I should start calling them "Bacon" instead of "Bunny".

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
booboo
Newborn
Newborn
booboo

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 1:19 pm

Quote :
I call every small dog a bunny. Sitka then perks his ears and walks over to sniff the dog to make sure it's not a bunny. One day I'm hoping that he'll eat the dog. Hmmm... if that's my goal maybe I should start calling them "Bacon" instead of "Bunny".

lol "bacon"...what a scrumptious name...are you sure no one will eat "bacon" then? yummy...I could use some bacon...

I was considering getting BooBoo a live squirrel to run around in her yard and chase, but I suppose that's "animal cruelty..."..Apparently feeding mice to snakes is okay but I can't feed a squirrel to my insanely unintelligent dog...so sad. It would probably be almost as humorous as watching her crash into trees while getting distracted looking at a squirrel, or just eating her own foot or tail. :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stupid dogs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stupid dogs   Stupid dogs Empty

Back to top Go down

Stupid dogs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1