It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Life Savior

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
guineapig05
Puppy
Puppy
guineapig05

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Life Savior   Life Savior EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 10:14 pm

I have a German Shepherd/Husky he is the most amazing dog ever. I can honestly say I do not believe I would be alive today if it was not for him. We lived way way in the country where Smokey and I grew up. There were several times when he saved me. Once I was hikeing through the miles and miles of woods alone while it was snowing and I fell asleep in a junk yard on something I don't remember what, but somehow Smokey found me buried under the snow and he drug me all the way home which I would saw was a good mile and a half. I was a lot smaller then I was probably 7 and he was around 1 or 2.

He has saved me a couple times from being attacked by our neighbors pitbull. One time when I was living with my mom he saved me from being attacked by an Akita. I think I was around 13. We were taking a walk down a back road and Smokey was off his leash we were on our way back home and Smokey was walking ahead of me. I happen to look back and here was this huge Akita charging at me. I started running and yelled at Smokey to run and he started running and looked back at me and saw the Akita he took off toward the Akita as fast as he could and a fight broke out. I had no choice, but to try and hit the other dog with a stick to get him off of Smokey. The other dog stopped luckily, but I knew Smokey could handle it, because he was in a lot of fights with neighbors dogs that had attacked and almost killed him when he was a pup. I didn't and don't encourage fighting, but he a had alot of bad enperiences with other dogs when he was young. I wish I could change those experiences, but I was to young to really know anything about socialzing which I will do plenty of with my next dog, but if it were not for those bad experiences I don't know where I would be or what kind of a person.

One other instance where Smokey saved me was when a man broke in and was going to do something to me, but somehow and I have NO CLUE how, but Smokey got into the house and attacked the man. I was yelling for help, but my father is an alcoholic and was passed out on the couch. I can't imagine how it would have ended without Smokey. I owe him everything! I would like to add that I have been socializing him very slow to dogs that I know that are very mellow and he has been doing great , but no dog parks for Smokey I am sad to say. I don't want to put another dog at risk, but he does enjoy being around other dogs now.

Picture right after the groomers

Life Savior Smokeyy
Back to top Go down
pixipanda
Puppy
Puppy
pixipanda

Female Join date : 2011-10-02

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Savior   Life Savior EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:51 am

What a sweet-looking and brave dog. You are very lucky to have such a loyal friend! Thanks for sharing your story. Smile
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Savior   Life Savior EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:23 am

Thank goodness for Smokey! He's beautiful!

Life Savior Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Savior   Life Savior EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Welcome, you and Smokey are lucky to have each other

Puppy
Puppy
guineapig05

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Savior   Life Savior EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Yes, we are. He has always been there for me. He is a one of a kind dog, the one you always dream of having. He is my gaurdian.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Savior   Life Savior EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Awwww this is so sweet! He really is your best friend! I love you
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Savior   Life Savior EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 5:30 pm

That is a great story, and to think some people think animals are just animals. Our pets are our angels in disguise. It is amazing how they know when to step up at all times. He is a beautiful boy, Hope he is around for many more years. btw welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
guineapig05
Puppy
Puppy
guineapig05

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Savior   Life Savior EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 8:39 pm

I have aa good poem for that thought.

From time to time, people tell me, "lighten up, it's just a dog," or, "that's a lot of money for just a dog." They don't understand the distance traveled, the time spent, or the costs involved for "just a dog." Some of my proudest moments have come about with "just a dog." Many hours have passed and my only company was "just a dog," but I did not once feel slighted. Some of my saddest moments have been brought about by "just a dog," and in those days of darkness, the gentle touch of "just a dog" gave me comfort and reason to overcome the day. If you, too, think it's "just a dog," then you will probably understand phases like "just a friend," "just a sunrise," or "just a promise." "Just a dog" brings into my life the very essence of friendship, trust, and pure unbridled joy. "Just a dog" brings out the compassion and patience that make me a better person. Because of "just a dog" I will rise early, take long walks and look longingly to the future. So for me and folks like me, it's not "just a dog" but an embodiment of all the hopes and dreams of the future, the fond memories of the past, and the pure joy of the moment. "Just a dog" brings out what's good in me and diverts my thoughts away from myself and the worries of the day. I hope that someday they can understand that it's not "just a dog" but the thing that gives me humanity and keeps me from being "just a man." So the next time you hear the phrase "just a dog." just smile, because they "just don't understand."
Sandra Dee Adopted Shepherd Mix, Born May 2004.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Savior   Life Savior EmptyThu Oct 20, 2011 6:58 am

People that say it is just a dog are just humans Very Happy
Back to top Go down
guineapig05
Puppy
Puppy
guineapig05

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Savior   Life Savior EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 7:12 am

That poem is perfect for me in everyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life Savior Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life Savior   Life Savior Empty

Back to top Go down

Life Savior

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1