It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Project Malamute

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:11 pm

In Montana, 161 malamutes were rescued from a puppy farm and are now being looked after by Lewis and Clark Humane Society. Presumably in the future many of them will be up for adoption, but in the meantime apparently it's costing $2,400 per day for the humane society to look after them all.

You can read about Project Malamute here, and if you want to read the story of their rescue it's here. I think this story shows the importance of checking the background carefully before getting a dog.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:20 pm

So Incredibly Sad Situation ... Husky/ Mal Season is Here Sad
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 12:08 am

holy crap, i watched the rescue video Sad so sad i hope they all find homes Sad
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 1:37 am

So sad. I saw that on a sibe rescue's FB page.

Project Malamute Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 5:03 pm

Here is a big fat update

http://helenair.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/malamutes-will-stay-at-shelter-until-trial/article_47e8c3fa-48b3-11e1-9f61-001871e3ce6c.html

The Alaskan Malamute assistance league is working hard with Lewis and Clerk to have these dogs go through mal rescues. I know because my rescue up here are suppose to get some, I am on the list as a possible adopter this summer. Not sure if it is going to happen but we shall see.

Alaskan Asst is a great organization

http://www.malamuterescue.org/
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:44 pm

An update for you all

So the trial got pushed back to October! It was suppose to be in may
http://helenair.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/malamute-abuse-trial-scheduled-for-october-motion-to-disqualify-judge/article_58186fa4-aed5-11e1-a1d7-0019bb2963f4.html
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Delayed again! Sad Thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:33 pm

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Alaskan-Malamute-Assistance-League-AMAL/194851373896856

Looks like some of the Malamutes are now available for adoption.

anyone interested??
Back to top Go down
pandactivity
Teenager
Teenager
pandactivity

Female Join date : 2012-06-14

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Wow
Poor babys.

Id love to take one in but right now we need to focas on trillion getting better.
If there are some avalable in a month or two duffy and I may look into taking one in.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:51 pm

omg 20 of them?! how have I not know this!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:10 pm

norbreedslove wrote:
omg 20 of them?! how have I not know this!

Erica I was guessing you were getting one....
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Well I am on the list, at the time we were going to be renting this house that said we can have 2 dogs. Now that I am moving and don't have the time right now, I just can't
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:37 pm

I understand.. Smile
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:31 pm

I hope they all find homes. A nice male would be good, but till I get settled with new job (interview friday and job offer to follow) I need to just keep with the girls i have. I did look into the links and was saying to go through state agency which here is a Husky group I didn't have good luck with when I first heard about Cali and tried to help. Do you have to go through your state, or can go through another one like say Illinois for me or something? Just curious incase someone else had same issue and hasn't asked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Project Malamute Empty
PostSubject: Re: Project Malamute   Project Malamute Empty

Back to top Go down

Project Malamute

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1