It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Possible NC meet up?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Possible NC meet up? Empty
PostSubject: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi all, I know there are a few NC residents on here so thought I'd post in addition to any pm's I've sent. We're going to be visiting Maggie Valley, NC next week (near Asheville) and would love to meet up with anyone in the area that might be interested. I checked and noticed there are two off lead dog parks in Asheville which might be a possible meet up location. Last time we visited Maggie Valley in May of this year we ran into a fella who lives in Maggie Valley with a pack of six huskies and we also ran into a lady with a husky on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I will be getting in touch with them to see if they're interesting in getting together as well. If anyone's interested please let me know!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:12 pm

I wish I lived closer Val!

Possible NC meet up? Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:16 pm

Awww me too. I'm hoping we can get a group to go hiking in the Blue Ridge. Even if we don't get a group together we'll be taking our two dogs hiking in the Blue Ridge ourselves. Wink And you know vacations = pics! Razz lol

Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 2:46 pm

YAY! I love your husband's pictures. Someday I'll just have to drive down to Florida and get a lesson Razz

Back to top Go down
TheZ
Newborn
Newborn
TheZ

Male Join date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:42 pm

My pup is only 8 weeks old. I could definitely meet up and introduce him. Do you think he would do well around more mature dogs?
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:48 pm

I never had a puppy, but I think you want to be very careful about taking Zephyr outside until he has all his vaccinations. I may be remembering wrong, but I think that all the shots don't happen until about 12 weeks? More experienced people, correct me if I am mistaken...

Back to top Go down
TheZ
Newborn
Newborn
TheZ

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:50 pm

Yes, he has only had Distemper and de-worming meds. Apparently there are follow-up meds that I will find out about at my vet visit. I might be holding off on this if this will be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:26 pm

I would definitely hold off on taking your pup out around other dogs until after his final set of shots. I think you are right Tori, I think it isn't until around 12 weeks that they receive their last set. Maybe next time. Wink

Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 7:42 am

I don't know about the USA but here in UK we can't take our puppies out until one week after their 2nd set of jabs - usually around 12 weeks. I am sure I have heard from other US folk that its similar over there to Wink
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 12:16 pm

Yep, it's the same here in the US Catherine. Smile

And it looks like we might have a hike in the Blue Ridge with some other huskies in the works!

Newborn
Newborn
TheZ

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 12:39 pm

I would love to come for the hike by my lonesome if need be. I live right off the parkway. What marker will you be hiking?
Back to top Go down
Catherine
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 12:49 pm

Awwww I wish I could come to Sad
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 4:42 pm

TheZ wrote:
I would love to come for the hike by my lonesome if need be. I live right off the parkway. What marker will you be hiking?

No plans set in stone yet but I'll PM you the milepost.

Newborn
Newborn
TheZ

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptyWed Sep 09, 2009 2:36 am

boooo. Any updates?
Back to top Go down
kass.rafford
Newborn
Newborn
kass.rafford

Female Join date : 2013-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 8:59 am

Spartanburg, SC here. Looking to bring Zoey to a meet up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible NC meet up?   Possible NC meet up? Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible NC meet up?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1