It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New to the site but have old husky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laura Newson
Puppy
Puppy
Laura Newson

Female Join date : 2011-12-03

New to the site but have old husky Empty
PostSubject: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:46 am

Hello to all husky owners.
I am glad I found this site. I have posted a message under Lump on Mya.
Hope Mya is ok. Lumps and bumps are always a worry when you dont know what they are.

Hope to learn more hear about other people's experiences with huskies.

regards
Laura
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:48 am

Welcome to the forum, Laura! I'm sure with one as old as Laska you have a wealth of knowledge to share with us. If you get a chance, we'd all love to see pictures of Laska Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

New to the site but have old husky 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Laura Newson
Puppy
Puppy
Laura Newson

PostSubject: Re: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 1:00 am

Hi Meridith Aaron she is my avatar. Havent learnt yet where to post other photos and how many i can post. Thank you for replying. I did put my experience on a post about lumps and bumps and experience I had with Laska and cancer.

Thank you

Ghost is gorgeous by the way - your avatar?

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 1:37 am

I saw your post about the lumps and cancer, and it's amazing what Laska has been able to overcome.

Thanks, that picture was taken right before Halloween, so she's grown a bit since then. There are some sticky notes here about how to post, so check them out and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask. As far as I know, there isn't any limit to how many you can post.

Laska is beautiful, btw Smile

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

New to the site but have old husky 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:30 am

Welcome! Laska is beautiful! We look forward to hearing from your many years of experience!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 3:41 am

Welcome!! can't wait to see more pics and hear more stories of you Laska!

Kale and I say HELLOOO from California!! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 5:11 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Laura Newson
Puppy
Puppy
Laura Newson

PostSubject: Re: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 6:48 am

Thanks for your welcoming.
Its nice to be part of a community where we all love huskies. They are all so beautifulc dogs I can see from your photos. . I can tell that their characteristics are so similar as mine.

I will add some of my experiences and stories of laska's life.

She was so cute today, took her for a short walk around the block. We bumped into a couple of small dogs, laska wanted to play with them doing the bow down. She forgets how old she is and cant move as agile as she use to be able to and going a little deaf now.

As I am in Australia not sure what time people are on chat when is the best time. I guess its hard depending on where you all are.

I would love to hear and read about your stories with your gorgeous dogs to and the mischief they have gotten up to.

kind regards
Laura

Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:57 am

Hi Laska & Co. from the UK!! I dont have any stories to tell as i've only been an owner of a lovely little boy for 2 weeks now! Even though it feels like 20 years!! Laska is a great looking husky - gonna be checking the scrapbook section for more photos Very Happy hopefully a few of when she was younger as well?
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 12:44 pm

wave Hi and welcome! Laska is a beautiful girl!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the site but have old husky   New to the site but have old husky Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the site but have old husky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1