It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group Empty
PostSubject: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Dec 14, 2011 8:01 pm

I've talked to a few of you already about this (and thanks again Jenn for helping with the startup stuff), but I am working to start a Gulf Coast H2M2 for folks in the NW Florida/S Alabama area. Frankly, I was sitting around being jealous of all of you Colorado and Miami folks who have meetups, and I decided instead of just being jealous I should do something about it. I know there are a few of you within a couple hours of here, and so I plan on doing a rotation around parks here. I'm tentatively scheduling the first one for mid January at the Scott Complex dog park in Pensacola. I know it will start small, but with enough advertising and word of mouth I'm sure we will grow. I'm starting to run into quite a few folks around here with Huskies, so I know they exist in this part of the world.

If any of you out there are interested, please look up and join one of the following Facebook groups:

Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle ~ Florida
Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle ~ Alabama

If you are interested and not a Facebook member, shoot me a PM and I will put together an email distribution list.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 3:41 am

In addition to the Facebook groups, I now have a page on meetup.com:

http://www.meetup.com/Gulf-Coast-Husky-Huddle-and-Malamute-Mingle/

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:03 am

Good luck with the group. I help run the one here in Oklahoma so if you have any questions feel free to ask. It would be cool to eventually get enough interest to have a regional or national get together but that's probably a stretch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 10:33 am

Thanks Brian, I definitely won't hesitate to ask. I've actually got a buddy who lives in OKC and has a husky, and I keep pointing him towards your group. He's been super busy and doing some training in San Antonio, but I think today is his last flight. He said last night he was going to join the forum after that last flight, so hopefully he does.

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:44 am

The official inaugural meet for the Gulf Coast H2M2, but we wound up having an unofficial meet this past Sunday. We wound up with 5 Huskies there (and another mix that didn't come in but said they'd be there on Saturday), including Ghost, Duchess, and Carbon. I went nuts with my camera, and here are some of the pics I got.

Duchess and Carbon:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3410

Ghost splashing Duchess:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3510

Ghost and Bella:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3511

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3512

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3513

My little Tomboy chilling in the mud:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3514

Ghost pinning a Mastiff:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3515

Ghost, Bella, and Duchess:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3516

Ghost and Duchess:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3610

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3611

Ghost and Rafa saying hi:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3612

Ghost and Rafa:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3613

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3615

Husky Huddle!!
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3614

Duchess:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3616

Ghost chasing friends:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3617

Ghost and Carbon:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3618

Ghost and Rafa going in for the tackle:
Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group _mg_3710

Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:03 am

great pics!
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:20 am

You got some very nice action shots!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:32 am

Very Happy You know I'll be there ASAP!!! LOL!

Soon as these pups get a wee bit bigger. Wink

Joining the Meetup Group now!
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
CarbonsAGoodBoy
Newborn
Newborn
CarbonsAGoodBoy

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:14 pm

Carbons little in that group. Hes only about 30 lbs lol
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Great pics!!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 pm

Awesome pics!!! Yay for new husky friends for Ghost!!!
Back to top Go down
CarbonsAGoodBoy
Newborn
Newborn
CarbonsAGoodBoy

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Layin in bed and he jumps up n starts cuddling. Too sweet, picture time lol
Back to top Go down
CarbonsAGoodBoy
Newborn
Newborn
CarbonsAGoodBoy

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group 2012-010

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group 2012-011

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group 2012-012
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:04 pm

CarbonsAGoodBoy wrote:
Carbons little in that group. Hes only about 30 lbs lol

Oh yay! I spotted a member!!! Gotta go post that in the appropriate post! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
CarbonsAGoodBoy
Newborn
Newborn
CarbonsAGoodBoy

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:47 pm

I will be bringing an extra charged phone battery for videos and pictures of this. Carbons super excited!!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 5:56 pm

Awesome, looking forward to seeing you guys! Don't forget, its at Scott Complex and not Bayview.

Back to top Go down
CarbonsAGoodBoy
Newborn
Newborn
CarbonsAGoodBoy

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:16 pm

There will be at least 2 more huskies at the next one, i believe. I met some cool people with huskies. 1 was a red husky, beautiful dog! and the other one was a 3 yr old big boy. Ghost would love him. I pointed them this way. Just as long as the guy at Bayview stops working out in front of everyone lol
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:34 pm

great pics of your mini meet! the one of Ghost and Duchess is priceless, cant stop looking at both of their faces!

Maverick
blueeyedghost

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Awesome, thanks Dave! I posted pictures on the facebook pages, and as soon as I stop slacking I'll post a few up here. Maybe later tonight, but I have a lot of crap to do yet.

All told, we had 11 Huskies show this past Saturday. It was awesome!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group   Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group Empty

Back to top Go down

Gulf Coast H2M2 - New Group

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1