It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

My new lil' buddy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JungerHund
Newborn
Newborn
JungerHund

Male Join date : 2012-01-27

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi guys. The names Chad. I've raised rottweilers my entire life when i lived at home. But a new little guy has made his way into my life now that I'm on my own. (WOOO COLLEGE...lol) I spent months reading the forums on this site, learning as much as I could before I brought him into my life. I thank all you guys for all the information posted on here. Its helped me learn a lot.

I call him "Loki." He's 7 weeks old today. Sweet little man. Smartest dog i've had so far. He's been impressing me everyday since I got him. Calm demeanor for the most part. Ignores the cats, plays with the neighbors dogs, thinks hes a lap dog.

First night home with me, went right into the crate without a problem. Does every time I place him in front of it. Doesn't wine at night when hes in it unless i am a few minutes late with the getting up every 2 hours. I open the crate and he goes right to the door and sits and waits for me to put his leash on. He leads me to the same spot every time in the yard. I have 3 acres and he still goes to the same spot. He finishes and he takes me back to the door and waits. We go in and he sits at the door and waits for the leash to be taken off.

I was utterly floored the first day. NEVER have I have a dog respond like this. I understand he's still a puppy and will grow with time. But he seems smarter then all the rotties I had before. Well enough blabbering on my end.

Hi again guys and I'm so glad to be here,

-chad-

My new lil' buddy Img_2011

He's the runt of the litter.

My new lil' buddy Img_2013

fell asleep mid play

My new lil' buddy Img_2014

decided the camera smelt good
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Oh dear... Cuteness ALERT!!! bounce

Welcome to the forums wave
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:45 am

Welcome Chad! Loki is absolutely adorable, congrats on such a wonderful new addition.

Adult
Adult
kevo

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:51 am

Welcome to the forum, he looks great Chad. Best of luck
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 3:45 am

Welcome, he's adorable!
Back to top Go down
kmason
Newborn
Newborn
kmason

Female Join date : 2012-01-02

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:02 am

Welcome! This forum has been such a blessing for us as well. It's great that he is such a wonderful pup. They sure are a smart breed and I thought German Shepherds were the smartest. I'm having to modify my opinion a tad.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:32 am

Awww such a cute little guy!!!! I want him Very Happy

Welcome!!!!
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 4:03 pm

Hellooooo
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Awe what a pile of cuteness!! Love!!

Chad, my mom had rottweilers too. My whole life after 11 yo, that was the ONLY breed we even had. SMH. Needless to say, by the time I was on my own I couldn't WAIT to pick out something else. LOL

I'm an animal person, but I don't consider myself a "dog person". Sounds strange since we now have two dogs...but I'm just a "siberian husky person". Big difference. Wink

I agree the Sibes are smarter than Rotts.
lol!
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 7:19 pm

oh what a cutie pie!!!!! welcome! wave
Back to top Go down
JungerHund
Newborn
Newborn
JungerHund

Male Join date : 2012-01-27

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I sure do appreciate it
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 12:13 am

Loki is adorable! You are so lucky with training! Willow was a bear to train. Her first 6 months with us was very challenging!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 1:05 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new lil' buddy Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new lil' buddy   My new lil' buddy Empty

Back to top Go down

My new lil' buddy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1