It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Horrible Crash no Survivors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Horrible Crash no Survivors   Empty
PostSubject: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Have you ever thought about what would happen to your Sibs if you were to die unexpectedly? Yeah I know pretty morbid question but one of real concern.

Scenario: Len takes a vacation to a place we would all die for, guess what Len dies. Now how are my dogs going to be taken care of?

Mine would have been thanks in part to some Plan "B" thinking.

What I did was make contact with a trusted member of this forum, to arrange retrieval of Adobo & Biko if that BIG if did happen. Plus notified the kennel who to make contact with. Sure maybe the member can't keep your dog(s) permanently but at least they wouldn't be shuffled off to the pound since the kennel isn't going to hold them for ever. At least they could notify a rescue to assist in finding them new homes. I think the young girl at the counter of the kennel started thinking I was deserting my kidz but relaxed when I told her I'm a OCN (obsessive compulsive nut-job) and just being prepared.

Anybody else ever plan for that possibility? (vacation, accident, hospital stuff etc.)

The only other thing I could have thought of was to have some one drop them of secretly at either harrise or arooomom's place since they probably wouldn't notice the extra mouth to feed.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Biko and Adobo can come live at this Filipino girl's house in Denver! Horrible Crash no Survivors   550295

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:33 pm

Hmmm...You got me thinking about my upcoming vacation.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:46 pm

That is a realy good point, I still need to do a will, need to get on that

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:48 pm

Wow, I've never thought about that!!! I know that my mom would do her best to keep them, but I don't think that my mom would be the best home for them. She LOVES LOVES LOVES her dogs and my mine as well, but she doesn't have the time that they need. Plus, she has, well lets just say, many cats Shocked My best friend in GA would probably taken them. She has 3 dogs or her own, but if their mine she would take them for sure. Mya knows her and LOVES her auntie Rosy Smile

Ok, let's all knock on wood right now please. Thanks Razz
Back to top Go down
Quinncujo
Newborn
Newborn
Quinncujo

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 pm

Knocking.... Sad
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 10:54 pm

I told my 25 year old son that he had to take BLAZE if any thing was to happen to us..

He has always wanted a husky but we never got one when he was at home.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 pm

I never put any thought into it, actually. I live with my parents and my father would keep her if something happened to me. Though, my father won't be around for many more years - she wouldn't be happier anywhere else even though she wouldn't get any exercise she'd be just as happy laying at his feet than getting exercise.

Now after my father passes - I'm SOL for places for her to go. Guess I should really start thinking on this.

Horrible Crash no Survivors   Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 11:51 pm

lol!

I have thought about this and I'm pretty sure my parents would hold on to them as long as possible if not forever. Either way, they aren't getting dumped at some shelter.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MicroBrewer
Teenager
Teenager
MicroBrewer

Male Join date : 2011-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:53 am

Both sets of parents are animal lovers and can't get enough of Brewer. Needless to say, he will always be in good hands!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:38 pm

I'm paranoid, and have thought of this quite a bit. I have a document I typed that has all the dogs information so it is all in one place, and states that my parents become the owners of my dogs if I were to die or be so injured that I could no longer care for them. It has all their preferences and quirks, medication list, feeding instructions, and vet records. I also have a card in my wallet that states that I have dogs at home waiting for me, and that my parents must be contacted to care for the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:06 pm

I've thought about this quite a bit as well. I've made my wishes known that I want my sibe taken to a husky rescue to be adopted out to a good home. My mom and my in-laws are dog lovers though so either of them (or both) might take in our dogs either permanently or until a good home could be found.

I know that if anything ever happened to my mom's dog or my in-laws' dogs that we would definitely take them in no questions asked and we would find good homes for any that we might be unable to keep permanently.

Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:47 pm

This is a really good question, I have thought about it, but never really put anything onto paper. I have a friend that would take Libby and Lucy, but my parents would probably take the cats. I like the idea of putting something into my wallet saying I have pets at home. I actually thought of this on my way to work today just because it was so foggy and you never know. I need to get my act together and do something.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:28 pm

My parents hate my dogs, and they're too much for Keatons mom to handle. I really have no idea, I think my friends would probably take them, they love them as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
Domingo
Teenager
Teenager
Domingo

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:15 pm

The rescue we got Dante from would be willing to take one or both dogs in the case of an accident or issue. My parents love the dogs, but I don't think they could keep up with them for more than a couple days. They do watch the dogs when we're out of town though, so maybe they could adapt.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:19 pm

I was very glad to get your PM when you returned so that I didn't have to make that call and trip out to Akron Wink But you know I would have in a heartbeat if something happened to you and Beth. Adobo and Biko would have been well loved and taken care of... if not by myself then by a home that would allow me to keep in contact with them after extensive interviews! I love you

Amy (cousin) or my in-laws would take our two in. They'd never go lonely. I have a line of people waiting to take Hailey if something were to happen. Amy or my in-laws would take Koda Razz

Horrible Crash no Survivors   Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Eurith
Puppy
Puppy
Eurith

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:22 pm

Omg =/ I was thinking about something similar to that on the ride home from Petsmart (right up the street from my apartment complex XD)! I was more concerned with him being in the car and whether or not he'd make it, etc. To top it all off, my mom called and said their car (that I drive) has an airbag recall out -_-

I feel like, although my mom is allergic, she may try to keep him or at least have close family friends keep Koda for her. lol I feel like he's my legacy XD

Sidebar: Niraya! Koda and Bella were born on the same day => !!!
Back to top Go down
SA DA KA
Newborn
Newborn
SA DA KA

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:42 pm

We have discussed this topic about 3 years ago, should we ever be in travel or on the road shopping and something were to happen to us, we have made arrangements with our sister who is a dog lover. She has a chocolate Lab, has the same beliefs in raising and loving a dog as we do and she made us a promise that they would never be separated, unfortunately two are already at the Rainbow Bridge, but she would still take care of Kayak if this scenario ever occurred. This is what people do with their children, it should also be done with dogs, and other beloved pets.

Husky Lovers in Vermont
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 8:50 pm

I have thought about this, and there are a few people in Colorado I would ask to take care of G&S and make sure they went to an exceptional home, if they didn't take them in = plan B. However, my current plan is to do everything I can to make sure they are loved and well taken care of by me and hubby until it's time for them to leave us! (That's the plan anyway....and I'll stick to that plan until plan B has to kick in.) Smile

Of course, there are several here on the forum I also would trust in case plan B has to kick in....

Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:43 pm

I and all the Huskies thank those who all ready have a Plan B in place and hopefully never needs to be used.

To those who "think" things would be covered kindly consider getting proper planning in place, because what would happen more then likely is everyone would think the other should care of things. Then all that happens is a bunch of people standing around with their thumbs up their butts.

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:04 pm

We have a plan "B" that was necessitated by our trip to France last month.
I really didn't want Bodhi going back to his breeder or to be put in rescue.
He had a rough start before we got him.
My son would want him, but he's in school.
So I arranged with a dogless friend to take Bodhi if anything happened to both of us.
He loves Bodhi and would give him a good home.
This took a load off my mind before we went on our trip, knowing that we had a plan in place,
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 7:11 pm

jalepeno wrote:
We have a plan "B" that was necessitated by our trip to France last month.

This took a load off my mind before we went on our trip, knowing that we had a plan in place,

It also made my trip better being aware that I knew Adobo & Biko would be taken care of if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Horrible Crash no Survivors    Horrible Crash no Survivors   Empty

Back to top Go down

Horrible Crash no Survivors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1