It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Jerk at the Dog Park

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jen
Puppy
Puppy
Jen

Female Join date : 2009-05-22

park - Jerk at the Dog Park Empty
PostSubject: Jerk at the Dog Park   park - Jerk at the Dog Park EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 4:57 am

This is mainly a vent post, but any advice on how to handle the situation in the future so my boyfriend doesn't end up hitting someone and going to jail would be much appriecated in the future.

So we are at the dog park. It is starting to get dark and there are only us and 3 other dogs there. One of them being a big golden retriever that Sirmiq loves to wrestle with. Twu older people come in with 2 Cocker spaniels (atleast I think they are, I always get the spaniels confused). One of the dogs is hanging by the wife, the other is running and playing. We are sitting down across the park, it is one of the smaller parks in the area. We see the guy grab another dog and kind of toss him aside. So we head over there to make sure he doesn't do it to Sirmiq. The owner of the dog he just tossed is looking pretty pissed off. Right when we are almost close enough to grab Sirmiq, the guy grabs him by the neck, not the collar and like lifts him up. I don't know if Sirmiq was scared or hurt but he did let out a yelp.

Well Lucas was pissed, he pushed the guy as he said, "Let go of my fucking dog." I thought he was going to hit the guy. Lucas then says, "Don't bring your dog here if you don't want to let it play." And the guy says, "But it was 2 on 1."

It pisses me off because it wasn't even that his dog was being hurt. They removed the dog from the play once and he went back for more. The dog was enjoying it. I know Sirmiq and Kiwi can play rough and occiasionally gang up on other dogs. I am always watching and if the other dog shows any signs of not wanting to play I pull them off. I don't know what makes him think he has the right to touch my dog like that. And they way he grabbed him, if Sirmiq was aggressive and it was a dog fight, the old guy would have gotten bit.

This isn't the first time I have noticed this behavior from this guy before but it was the first time I have noticed it towards my dogs. I would never touch another dog they way that guy grabbed Sirmiq, especially if I saw the owners coming near. If he doesn't want his dogs to have any fucking fun, why take them to the dog park in the first place. It's like taking your kids to the playground where they are playing football or something and getting mad because 2 kids are chasing the one with the ball. This isn't the firs time I have heard someone mention 2 on 1 concerning dogs playing, and I frankly have no idea why people think dogs have to play 1 on 1. If I dog is really not liking it then yea I can understand, but then agian, if my dogs had problems with being around more than one dog I probably wouldn't take them to the fucking dog park in the first place. I don't know how many times I have seen 1 dog running with like 10 dogs chasing them and the dog seems fine with it. His dog kept coming back for more, the dog is probably just as pissed at his owner as I am for ruining his fun.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Jerk at the Dog Park   park - Jerk at the Dog Park EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 10:26 am

EIW! SERIOUSLY? I probably would have had the same reaction as Lucas.

I don't know how you could better handle the situation (besides the shoving) other than leaving the dog park if this guy shows up.

Maybe next time he's around, talk to him calmly and explain rationally why his behavior was unacceptable. Ask him what he would have done if the dog had bit him? Would that be the dog's fault, because I would have bit him if he grabbed me by the neck like that... Ask him all the 'stupid' questions you vented about. Why bring your dog to the park if he doesn't want him to play? Why not just make playdates? The point of the dog park is for lots of dogs to interact together.

If he still doesn't get it, revert to Plan A and just leave when he gets there or find a new dog park if you can. I'm so sorry. How frustrating Sad

park - Jerk at the Dog Park Hailey10
Back to top Go down
rudukai13
Resident Teenager
rudukai13

Male Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Jerk at the Dog Park   park - Jerk at the Dog Park EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 5:45 pm

I vote for an old man ass whooping.
Back to top Go down
shadow
Newborn
Newborn
shadow

Male Join date : 2009-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Jerk at the Dog Park   park - Jerk at the Dog Park EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:13 pm

Well I sure would NOT leave the park when this guy shows up. Try and get his name or something to I.D. him with (park lisence number) and take it up with the people in charge. We had a member how was removed and revolked because of behaviour. Or my way, just wait outside and put a boot in his back side.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Jerk at the Dog Park   park - Jerk at the Dog Park EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:59 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jen
Puppy
Puppy
Jen

Female Join date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: Jerk at the Dog Park   park - Jerk at the Dog Park EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 11:07 pm

It is definitely good to here from others that we were in the right, although we didn't really doubt it much. And Shadow that is exactly what I am thinking about doing. Next time I see him, I will take down his lisense plate if I can't get his name, and log a complaint with the city. We really don't want to have to leave that dog park.

Although it is smaller than others around, it is close to our house and has more of a blue collar crowd. It only has one area, no small or large side areas, but it tends to have less small dogs in the single area, than the divided one in the big dog section. Also, the small dogs that do come can normally hold their own agianst the big dogs. Also, their seem to be more dogs that play rough like Sirmiq at this dog park, and the owners normally are ok with it. At another dog park we had some one take their boxer out because he was playing to rough with Sirmiq. I was like, "it's a fucking boxer, that's what they do." And their are a couple other herding dogs that go to this one, so Kiwi isn't the only dog running around barking trying to herd the other dogs.

I am just glad he did this to Sirmiq and not Kiwi. SIrmiq is so much more laid back. Hell he was attacked by a gsd that kept humping him and her owner tried to pull her off, so she got mad and Sirmiq and went after him. Sirmiq pouted for like a couple of secs then he was back trying to play with that dog. And we finally left the dog park yesterday because he kept going over to the guy with his cockerspaniels trying to play. Kiwi on the other hand, loves people and other dogs, but she doesn't take crap and she can be a little fearful. Sirmiq kinda tolerates dogs humping him, but Kiwi, as soon as she feels paws on her hips, turns around and lets the dog know that isn't ok. She loves people right now. At the park she spends more time getting pets from people then playing with dogs, and I would hate to have anything ruin that. And to be honest, I think if put in that position she might have bit the guy. It wouldn't have been her fault, but I don't have money to go to court and fight it if he would have pressed charges, and he probably would have.
Back to top Go down
TheZ
Newborn
Newborn
TheZ

Male Join date : 2009-08-27

PostSubject: Re: Jerk at the Dog Park   park - Jerk at the Dog Park EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 10:48 pm

I always thought dog parks were made for me to pick up chicks....

"oh what a cute puppy!" is all I hear every day.

On a serious note. I actually have gotten in a shove fight at my local park when some douche-bag brought in a fighting dog. He was seriously out to impress his little girlfriend. It was fighting everything viciously. All the while the guy was sitting there saying he only fights on my command. I told him he needs to get his dog out right now and he said something about my german shep being a pussy right to my face as I was trying to peel my dog from the situation. I should have done a full on drop-kick but I shoved him instead.Bickering ensued and in the end he left cussing up a storm as everyone else clapped at me. One of those cool moments where you felt you did something right and everyone else agrees
Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Jerk at the Dog Park   park - Jerk at the Dog Park EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 12:36 am

TheZ wrote:
I always thought dog parks were made for me to pick up chicks....

"oh what a cute puppy!" is all I hear every day.

This

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jerk at the Dog Park   park - Jerk at the Dog Park Empty

Back to top Go down

Jerk at the Dog Park

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1