It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

TOTW - Change of product!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

TOTW - Change of product! Empty
PostSubject: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi guys!

Now that TOTW has a puppy formula available, their original kibble is no longer for "all life stages" and actually for adult dogs now! I noticed this after I got my delivery and gave him his lunch this afternoon! Now, the puppy formula is not available to us here in the UK and I have 13KG worth of adult dog food!

I am going to ring up zoo plus on monday and send one of the bags back (unopened).

My question/concern is... would it be ok to finish off the opened bag of food? And how much should i feed him? The same as before? As the table only shows daily allowance for adults now! It should last him just over a week. In the mean time, I am going to order Orijens puppy formula for large dogs and use it to switch him over to that.

In addition to his normal daily kibble, he gets a daily roar salmon fillet that i add to his lunch and he gets JWB wet food mixed in, just a little bit to add some flavour! I give him cod liver oil every other day and a roar bone once a week! He seems to be doing great on it so far but its just annoying that I have to switch him off TOTW because we had just got into a routine, I hope Orijen is just as good to him Smile

Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Maybe try to call totw and explain and see if they will exchange the bags fir you. I doubt feeding him the " adult" formula is going to hurt him in any way. just curious but why do you want to feed him large breed food?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:46 pm

I'm betting it is the same formula, they just took off "for all life stages" to promote their "puppy" variety. You can finish off that bag with no problems...

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 1:24 pm

arooroomom wrote:
I'm betting it is the same formula, they just took off "for all life stages" to promote their "puppy" variety. You can finish off that bag with no problems...

Exactly what I was thinking ......... 100% agree with above.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 2:20 pm

i<3neo wrote:
Maybe try to call totw and explain and see if they will exchange the bags fir you. I doubt feeding him the " adult" formula is going to hurt him in any way. just curious but why do you want to feed him large breed food?

Large breed food seems to consider dogs that will be 40lbs+ as an adult - seeing as I expect my boy to be well above 40lbs I thought it was a suitable choice. Not because I think Huskies are a large breed, because I don't Smile I also worry a lot that if my boy was destined to be 35KG (for example) then feeding him the other stuff would affect his growth in some way lol.

Here4thePics wrote:
arooroomom wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking ......... 100% agree with above.

Thats exactly what I was hoping to hear Smile Thanks guys! (minds at rest).
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 5:06 pm

Daily salmon fillet? Can I come live with you?

Just remember to save some of the TOTW to mix with the new food (if you change it) so that the sudden change in diet doesn't upset his tummy.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:40 pm

From my understanding the formula hasn't changed for the ALS - and if you've been feeding the ALS (now the "adult" formula) you can continue to feed it to your puppy and nothing bad will happen.

I've been feeding the old ALS food that is now their "adult" food to my puppy and I alternate between "puppy" and "adult" simply because they didn't have an "adult" version of the High Prairie that I really wanted to try for Bella to see how she'd do.

My other understanding is that they only came out with a "puppy" formula because people were having a hard time explaining that "All Life Stages" was just as good to give to your puppy as a different brands "puppy" formula.

Same formula is used except for a few differences in protein/fats (only like 1-3% I noticed between most of their formulas)

TOTW - Change of product! Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:57 pm

henielsen wrote:
Daily salmon fillet? Can I come live with you?

Just remember to save some of the TOTW to mix with the new food (if you change it) so that the sudden change in diet doesn't upset his tummy.

Haha, they're given to me free of charge by our local fish monger. His looks get him a lot of free stuff now that I think about it Smile (Luka, not the monger). Although, I'll have to admit that he does eat better than I do! Spoilt spoilt spoilt! By the time I've bothered with his food, I really CBA for my own lol!

Niraya wrote:
From my understanding the formula hasn't changed for the ALS - and if you've been feeding the ALS (now the "adult" formula) you can continue to feed it to your puppy and nothing bad will happen.

I've been feeding the old ALS food that is now their "adult" food to my puppy and I alternate between "puppy" and "adult" simply because they didn't have an "adult" version of the High Prairie that I really wanted to try for Bella to see how she'd do.

My other understanding is that they only came out with a "puppy" formula because people were having a hard time explaining that "All Life Stages" was just as good to give to your puppy as a different brands "puppy" formula.

Same formula is used except for a few differences in protein/fats (only like 1-3% I noticed between most of their formulas)

Thats great, thank you for sharing!

Last edited by Erinc on Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:01 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 6:58 pm

You're very welcome Smile glad I could help!

Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 7:00 pm

At least I don't have to feel guilty now because I'm feeding him the wrong food Smile
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 7:05 pm

No you're not feeding the wrong food Very Happy

I was feeding a different food before switching over to TOTW so I had to do a lot of research because Bella had terrible stomach issues on another food.

I had planned to feed her puppy food until about 1.5-2 years old but since she did so fantastic on TOTW ALS I didn't have to worry about it but now I just switch between the puppy and the adult because like I said they're virtually the same formula as the ALS was except for those few % differences and I don't want to constantly feed her the Pacific Stream ( I really don't want her to develop an allergy) but the fish really helped her stomach out.

So we have fed ALS pacific, Pacific puppy and now High Prairie Puppy all with no problems.

Last edited by Niraya on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:31 pm

She's turned out to be a beautiful girl so you must be doing something right Smile
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:40 pm

Aw thank you very much!!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOTW - Change of product!   TOTW - Change of product! Empty

Back to top Go down

TOTW - Change of product!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1