It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

how does this happen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Snowflake20
Puppy
Puppy
Snowflake20

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

how does this happen Empty
PostSubject: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:36 pm

How does this happen! Durbin was never out of my sight at this age. Hopefully they find the real owner or not the owner already losing their husky. Just terrible.

http://denver.craigslist.org/pet/2888446038.html
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 pm

OMG he is so young how could the owners lose him..

He is a cutie I hope the owners get him back and they start taking better care of him. him..

how does this happen 85993
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm

reaaaallly? wow, the owners shouldn;t get him back. As if you couldn't chase like a 10 week old puppy.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:19 am

Happens. I found a little beagle puppy and aussie puppy playing along a busy road. They were only like 8 weeks old! We knocked at the nearest house which I'm pretty sure they were from and no one was home. They just left the puppies out in their yard and they pushed through a hole in the fence. Such idiots. They were quickly reclaimed at animal control. I did feel bad afterward, thinking I should have kept them and not left them with such a stupid owner.

how does this happen Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:10 am

I sadly came across a dead husky pup that looked about 9 weeks. We had went through the area in the ambulance (responding to a call) not 15 minutes before. I made my partner stop so I could move it out of the road and try to find the owner. There was only 3 houses. I knew the lady in one of them and her husband was going to take care of it. They thought it might have been their neighbors. Still sad Sad
Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

Female Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:13 am

OMG can i just keep the lil guy instead? Poor thing
Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

Female Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:32 am

did you guys notice the other lost husky post ? i hope they both get reunited with their families Sad

http://denver.craigslist.org/pet/2888422090.html
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:17 am

as bad as it sounds, that black and white CL puppy was probably stolen. i don't get why the puppy was alone in the yard..
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 2:44 am

One of the fosters we just placed got out and lost the first day in the new home, I think I heard she made it back home, shows even all the screening we do and we still can't pound the keep an eye on them into peoples head....

Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:15 am

Raiya, the rescue my mom recently placed, got out the first day, because the husbands brother or someone didn't know huskies will run and left the door open! But they caught her quickly after that.

how does this happen Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:29 pm

SaraB wrote:
Raiya, the rescue my mom recently placed, got out the first day, because the husbands brother or someone didn't know huskies will run and left the door open! But they caught her quickly after that.
My husband did the same thing the first day i brought river home i was soooo mad and he still to this day will test river and let him off the leash then i spend an hour some times longer triing to catch him because he gives up, luckly he stays around the house and will finaly jump in the truck when hes ready to go bye bye but UGH....
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 12:55 pm

My MIL was always leaving the door open. I'm not sure why. I took off after Shania once into the woods barefoot. Made it a good hundred yards before my husband pasted me telling me to go put shoes on. I didn't even notice.
Back to top Go down
Snowflake20
Puppy
Puppy
Snowflake20

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Yeah its stupid I contacted the person asking what they were going to do with him if he couldnt find the owner, and he said keep him. I dont mean to be rude but this person cant spell anything! and talks all gangster. I wish the person would just take him to a rescue. I doubt he will be able to care for a husky its a pretty poor/run down part of town where the puppy was found. I agree Jenet I dont think the owner should get this poor puppy back at all.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 4:17 pm

jheez :/ how can you lose a pup that young? why on earth would you leave him unsupervised!? i mean, I'm sure he got away while the owners weren't looking because its not exactly difficult to catch up to a 10week old pup, husky or not lol.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Unfortunately it seems really common for people to lose new dogs. Over the last few months I've heard of several rescue dogs getting lost from their new foster or forever homes (luckily they were all found). I think for the first month of having a new dog you just have to assume that it might bolt, and also make sure it knows the neighbourhood so that it can find its way home if it needs to.

There are some good guidelines on this blog about keeping dogs from getting lost when they've just relocated:
http://mylifewiththecritters.blogspot.com/2011/04/keeping-dogs-safe-in-new-surroundings.html
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:48 pm

omg that is soo sad!! how can they call themselves "owners"
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 am

cbhart wrote:
SaraB wrote:
My husband did the same thing the first day i brought river home i was soooo mad and he still to this day will test river and let him off the leash then i spend an hour some times longer triing to catch him because he gives up, luckly he stays around the house and will finaly jump in the truck when hes ready to go bye bye but UGH....

My girlfriend thought Kya would go into the house if she opened the side gate..(the back door was stuck) yeah right. Kya ran for 2 hours before we caught her, on the highway, off the highway, up the neighborhood, down to the post office... I didnt speak to my gf for a week.

I told her if Kya had gotten hurt she would have been single, and I meant it. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how does this happen   how does this happen Empty

Back to top Go down

how does this happen

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1