It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Craigslist Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:51 pm

and a great dane puppy? they are so lazy! haha
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:04 am

I am not up on AKC stuff but if an animal has anything wrong with it like born deaf can it still get AKC.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:20 am

Well if the litter is AKC certified by the breeder, yes. You just can't show the dog.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:22 am

http://www.akc.org/reg/registeralitter.cfm
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:24 am

x-posted the deaf great dane to a friend of mine, she has a deaf catahoula dog and recently lost her dead pit. she's gonna be a sucker for it lmao
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:26 am

speaking of "something wrong dog" There was a one eyed husky for adoption, his other eye didn't develop. I wanted him! he was so cute! He got adopted out!
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:32 am

MY CL POST IS GOING STRONG!!!
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 am

Craigslist makes me SICK!

We tried adopting a 2 legged Pomeranian that needed a wheelchair and they wanted to charge me 800$. I was like um, you are insane!! There was no way that I was going to pay that much to have to turn around and have to buy the wheelchair, and all the medical costs associated with it.

I have attempted to adopt a few huskies as well, but they wanted 300 to 400$ to "Rehome them" and they were not utd on ANYTHING, and were all over 2 years old. It makes me so angry that people don't care about their animals.

My rescue dog will be free when I find her the right home and she is still UTD and will be spayed when she is old enough.

Common Sense lacking idiots!
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:39 am

Thats why I go to rescues, shelters, and responsible breeders.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 am

But then this stuff makes me sad. Sad

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pet/2890459801.html

here is her dogs "facebook"

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002313820245&sk=wall
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:50 am

Erica, I posted your posting in my area as well!!!!
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:51 am

I want to see! Smile
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:51 am

norbreedslove wrote:

here is her dogs "facebook"

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002313820245&sk=wall

Kya has a facebook, too. lol.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:52 am

Here it is:

http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/pet/2890588521.html
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:55 am

norbreedslove wrote:
Thats why I go to rescues, shelters, and responsible breeders.

I don't mind paying for dogs, but every dog we have adopted that has been of GOOD quality, we have aquired/adopted for free. SOOOOOOO my GF refuses to pay bc so many people just give them away.

Her reasoning is that we put so much money into our animals that "if it is meant to be" we will find the perfect addition to our family. On average, I spend about 500$ when I get a new dog, no matter how old or young they are.

So, if I want another husky, I have to wait til we find one that is little to no cost to adopt.

Odd logic, I know.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:09 pm

look what I found on CL today looks like a BYB trying to make some money.

http://tulsa.craigslist.org/pet/2891876907.html
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:13 pm

It's not a husky.. but are they really asking a 250 fee for a heart workm positive dog? I hope that is just a typo..
http://corpuschristi.craigslist.org/pet/2891929216.html
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:00 pm

I love how people try to pretend they're not BYB's trying to sell puppies on CL. There's a listing of a pit puppy, 9 weeks, needing a home, cause they can't keep it cause they are moving. Well, okay, sure, but then there are other postings by the same person saying the exact same thing with different pit puppies pictured! Yeah, sure, you have a bunch of puppies that you bought and need to suddenly re-home cause you're moving. Oh, no, sure we believe you're not a breeder!

And then another post had a litter of 8 week old puppies that needed to so ASAP! Sounds like a great breeder there. They're finally legal to sell, so they need to GO! (In FL it's illegal to sell a puppy under 8 weeks, not that it stops anyone from doing so.)

Man, I could flag posts all day long!

Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:40 pm

not a CL dog but soooooooo pretty!

http://www.rocketdogrescue.org/artic/

Back to top Go down
Rezman
Newborn
Newborn
Rezman

Male Join date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 6:18 pm

I agree that there are so many scammers out there on CL. When we were looking for our puppy, we had looked for rescue puppies, and we'd been to many breeder websites, and the costs were outrageous. But on a spur of the moment, I asked my wife to look on CL, when we saw a pic of a husky nursing her 4 day old pups, and we called the guy up. He's a backyard breeder with long experience and happy, well cared-for dogs. He breeds his pets for love of the breed.
Drove out with the kids to see them, and we put down a deposit on Bella that day, with a purchase price of half of what the cheapest breeders were selling for. The temperment and condition of the parents, and the obvious care shown for them and the pups, showed me everything I needed to know about this BYB.
So, not all CraigsList huskies are bad deals or scams!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Rezman wrote:
I agree that there are so many scammers out there on CL. When we were looking for our puppy, we had looked for rescue puppies, and we'd been to many breeder websites, and the costs were outrageous. But on a spur of the moment, I asked my wife to look on CL, when we saw a pic of a husky nursing her 4 day old pups, and we called the guy up. He's a backyard breeder with long experience and happy, well cared-for dogs. He breeds his pets for love of the breed.
Drove out with the kids to see them, and we put down a deposit on Bella that day, with a purchase price of half of what the cheapest breeders were selling for. The temperment and condition of the parents, and the obvious care shown for them and the pups, showed me everything I needed to know about this BYB.
So, not all CraigsList huskies are bad deals or scams!

The problem is you won't know if your BYB puppy wasn't a bad deal until they age and start showing the medical issues that could have been prevented if the parents were properly bred. My Dakota was from a BYB and his bad breeding didn't show up until he was 10 and I lost him 4 years sooner than I should have. Medical issues are all too common in BYB pups.
Back to top Go down
Rezman
Newborn
Newborn
Rezman

Male Join date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 pm

My golden retrievers I had as a kid came from BYBs and lived to 12 years. My first husky, Teila, came from a BYB and lived almost 15 yrs, was not even old until she hit 13. I've had good luck I guess. Based on the breeders long experience and the detailed breeding practices he shared with us, I feel pretty confident. Plus 5 of 8 in the litter went to people who have bought from him in the past. Good references.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:50 pm

poor baby!!! so pretty!!
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pet/2923710559.html
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:56 am

Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 Foreve11

I think everyone that gets a dog read this before hand..

Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:18 pm

^^^that is a really cute puppy and such a true statement Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craigslist Huskies   Craigslist Huskies - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Craigslist Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 27Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next