It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Rocky got neutered yesterday

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

Rocky got neutered yesterday Empty
PostSubject: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:03 pm

and he slept like a baby until nearly midnight, after that he was just out of control until 3 this morning! he has to wear one of those E collars and I felt like he was having a major panick attack because he kept walking back and forth and whimpering (he wanted to go outside but it was pouring and I thought he could get an infection)

he's better today but has anyone else experienced this? and is that what a panic attack in dogs looks like? He has to have his E-collar on for 10 days and if theres anything you guys think I can do to make it better for him please let me know!

he's not very happy with his new mega collar :/
Rocky got neutered yesterday 6964624967_9fdeb53965

Rocky got neutered yesterday 6964624899_21313de235
Back to top Go down
Flhuskylover
Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:16 pm

Awww! Poor baby! I don't think he is having a panic attack. I think he just has no clue what happened to him and he might be a achy but can't reach so he paces instead. That's what Eshe did when he was fixed. He hated his e-collar and would whine and try to rub on things to get it off his head! Maybe you can take the e-collar off every now and then as long as you're watching him. If he insist on licking then the collar goes back on. If I remember correctly, Eshe just had to have the collar on for 5 days instead of the full 10, but every dog is different. To make sure mine was comfortable, I just babied the heck out of him. Smile
Back to top Go down
shirl51
Puppy
Puppy
shirl51

Female Join date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:47 pm

When Bob got his operation he dealt with the cone of shame for a couple of weeks. At the end of the second week he somehow ripped it off. I happened to have bought this soft cone just in case and it worked great for him. In fact he used it as a pillow.

Rocky got neutered yesterday IMAG0094

I know I know he looks kinda stupid but it worked
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 2:58 pm

thanks April, I've been babying him a lot so he's more comfortable around me cause i'm pretty sure he was mad at me yesterday since i'm the one who dropped him off lol

Shirl, where did you buy that soft collar?? it looks wayyy more comfortable than the one rocky has on right now
Back to top Go down
shirl51
Puppy
Puppy
shirl51

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi again

Here is the website I hope its alright to post

http://www.bellaspainrelief.com/soft-ecollar-2464-prd1.htm

Not many places carry this type anymore. Hope this helps.

Thought I might this link.. This is where I found out about this cone.

http://www.whole-dog-journal.com/issues/13_8/features/Best-Dog-Cones_20037-1.html

Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Thanks for the links. I've filed them away for future reference. We couldn't find a big enough soft collar before so it's really useful to know. Ghost is pretty good at destroying the plastic cones.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Flhuskylover
Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:06 pm

You're welcome, Judy and I hope Rocky feels better sooner than later!
Back to top Go down
Lainaloo
Teenager
Teenager
Lainaloo

Female Join date : 2011-11-15

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:47 pm

What a handsome Bob in that silly collar !
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/laina.dotson
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:55 pm

I hope Rocky is better soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 7:36 pm

blaze used the collar to rub on himself cause problems we put a diaper on him at night a sort of make shift one.. But at this point he already had an infection.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:03 pm

I find it interesting that everyones vet has them use the collar after a spay or neuter. My vet doesn't, so none of mine had one and they all did fine.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:07 pm

26nikita wrote:
I find it interesting that everyones vet has them use the collar after a spay or neuter. My vet doesn't, so none of mine had one and they all did fine.

I didn't use a collar until Blaze had an infection the Vet said I only need a collar if he would not leave it alone well he didn't and got an infection.
So we had to use the collar.
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:08 pm

Nunya got neutered on Tuesday and our vet is making us used an e-collar too. The first night, he ripped it off, so we left it off. He ended up having an infection this morning so mom took him in to get him some anti-biotics and I bought him an inflatable collar after my classes today, that obviously isn't big enough for him >.>
It is deterring him from nibbling on his stitches though, for now.

I hope Rocky feels better too! Nunya is going crazy just from two days of no exercising.
Back to top Go down
gladahmae
Teenager
Teenager
gladahmae

Female Join date : 2012-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 pm

26nikita wrote:

Ours doesn't give you one either. Never had an issue.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 pm

shirl51 wrote:

Rocky got neutered yesterday IMAG0094

On my 1st glance I thought it was one of those old padded toilet seats. Rocky got neutered yesterday 1625187496
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:23 pm

lol! Len!!!

My vet advised to have it on hand in case they messed with the incision. Mya didn't have to wear it after her spay and Kody had it on for a day or two after his neuter.

Rocky will be fine Smile Just take it off when you're able to watch him so that he can have a break. If he messes with it then put it back on.
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:31 pm

Don't let him fool you into taking his cone off. I DID with Neo and ended up having to go back to the vet for antibiotic and anti inflammation meds cause he licked himself raw and his incision was yellow and rashy. It was pretty gross.
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:45 am

I went to petco yesterday and bought Rocky a "comfy-cone" meanwhile his soft collar comes in, the comfy cone is okay, he likes it better than the plastic one but I need to get him a bigger size cause I caught him licking himself last night (he pushes the cone back to the bottom of the his neck and reaches for his incision) and from what I can see his incision looks a little irritated - not rashy or red just a little swollen so I was considering putting surgical tape on top of it to keep him from licking it, do you think it'll cause him to want to lick it even more?

Caitlin - I've taken Rocky on a couple walks still, his vet said as long as i keep the leash short, so that he can't pull away really hard or run at all then it's okay, otherwise he would be out of control lol
Back to top Go down
shirl51
Puppy
Puppy
shirl51

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 11:47 am

You know I did not notice that Bobs cone does look like a seat cover Smile

We tried the comfy cone but that did not work and like the Petsupermarket lady said it they are unable to see anything on the side. They are blindsided.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rocky got neutered yesterday   Rocky got neutered yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

Rocky got neutered yesterday

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1