It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Strange Vet Visit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
krisdean.flynn
Newborn
Newborn
krisdean.flynn

Male Join date : 2012-01-27

Strange Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Strange Vet Visit   Strange Vet Visit EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:28 pm

I took Lana to the Vet today because i noticed roundworms in her stool and to start things off it wasnt my usual doc (odd because i asked for him when i called for the appointment), they gave her a one time worming pill instead of the usually stuff i got for Niko which was a 3 week cream type stuff and then they tell me they wont accept the vet record from the vet clinic she went to that the breeders took her to?!?!?!? So they wouldn't let me schedule an appointment for her second shots unless they did the first set....So she got another 1st set of shots today....after she gave her the shot she proceeds to tell me to watch her for 4 hours to make sure she doesn't puff up or welt up because how recent she may or may not have received shots?!?!? I don't think i like this vet......
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

Strange Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Vet Visit   Strange Vet Visit EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:33 pm

I would find a new vet
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

Strange Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Vet Visit   Strange Vet Visit EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:37 pm

Get a new vet. That's insane. She shouldn't have done that, knowing that she already had a first set. If you have vet records, that's..just crazy.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Strange Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Vet Visit   Strange Vet Visit EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 1:38 pm

I would have asked where you're normal vet was and why you didn't see him/her. Then I would inform the manager how you were treated. I would have told that vet you wanted to see another doctor, because that "vet" didn't sound like she know what she was talking about. I would also tell the people at the front desk to make a mark in you're pups chart that do not want to see this vet again and you only want you're normal doctor.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

Strange Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Vet Visit   Strange Vet Visit EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:04 pm

I agree with Kelly's comment about having a note in the chart about not wanting that vet. We had to do that ourselves with one of the vets at the clinic we go to.

Short of that, I would suggest finding a new vet.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

Strange Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Vet Visit   Strange Vet Visit EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 3:25 pm

I have heard of vets doing this before, but I don't really understand why they don't accept it when you have the records of the previous vaccs.

Our vet always tells us to watch the animals for a few hours after any vaccinations just in case of allergic reaction. It's very rare but I did once have a cat that reacted to a vaccine so I think it's as well to be informed of what kind of response is normal (since some animals can be off-colour) and what needs veterinary attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Strange Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Vet Visit   Strange Vet Visit EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 4:39 pm

Always ask the receptionist to give you your pets records after you pay your bill. By law they have to comply. That way you always have them as proof or vaccination, so when you go to a snobby vet like this, you can rub it in his face lol Never let them talk you into something your not comfortable with. Id consider those her second vaccines and go to a different vet. Don't ask them to fax over her records, because a lot of clinics flake, go in there in person and request them, that way they are in your possession at all times. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

Strange Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Vet Visit   Strange Vet Visit EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Ghost wrote:
I have heard of vets doing this before, but I don't really understand why they don't accept it when you have the records of the previous vaccs.

Our vet always tells us to watch the animals for a few hours after any vaccinations just in case of allergic reaction. It's very rare but I did once have a cat that reacted to a vaccine so I think it's as well to be informed of what kind of response is normal (since some animals can be off-colour) and what needs veterinary attention.

Money??? I would have said no and left with your dog after they gave her the pill.
Back to top Go down
krisdean.flynn
Newborn
Newborn
krisdean.flynn

Male Join date : 2012-01-27

Strange Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Vet Visit   Strange Vet Visit EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 9:42 pm

It made me pretty irate....I'm still not sure why they gave me this other vet.....I think it was just a money thing......I just couldn't believe it......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strange Vet Visit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange Vet Visit   Strange Vet Visit Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange Vet Visit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: Medical Issues-