It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

To tree or to not tree...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

To tree or to not tree... Empty
PostSubject: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Ok I know it is early but it has been on my mind. I HAVE TO HAVE A REAL CHRISTMAS TREE!!!! but now with 2 dogs and one being a male I know I'm in for some indoor peeing, how do I prevent it? growing up we always had a male dog and he never peed on our tree but we took him to a neighbors and he peed on their tree and I'm sure being younger I never knew of other times he might have peed on our tree. the other thing is we will have to move there crates into the kitchen to put up the tree and will that mess with their heads in thinking they are being replaced by this tree or am I just over thinking it all? I know we will have to watch them to make sure they do not eat any ornaments and to keep them higher on the tree, for those with many x-mess under your belt please share some tips on making this a safe holiday for our pets.
Back to top Go down
Jen
Puppy
Puppy
Jen

Female Join date : 2009-05-22

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyMon Nov 09, 2009 8:00 pm

I never actually had a male dog pee on our tree. Although at night he would open all the presents that were left under them. When we went to my aunts house she had a tree and my two were trying to eat things off it, so we put a gate around it.

I would put all the forsure no no's up high on the tree and when you are not in the room don't give you dogs access to the tree. When you are there you can use the same deterents that you would use for other things, like saying "ahaa," water bottles, or anything else you have used to discourage your dogs from getting near something.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 9:55 pm

Boo! I never thought of this! Oh well, at least I don't have a house to put a tree in. Wait a minute...

To tree or to not tree... Hailey10
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyWed Nov 11, 2009 10:13 pm

Our tree is fake. It has never been peed on, but Ridik loves the cork ornaments and constantly removes them up to three feet in height. Now I'm worried about this potential scenario for no good reason.

The houseplants have never been messed with, and they are five plus feet tall. Hmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 5:19 pm

Does Jack ever pee on any other plants in the house? If not, then I wouldn't worry about it...especially if he's truly housetrained. Our neutered boy doesn't pee on anything in the house, including real or fake plants and/or trees.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyWed Nov 18, 2009 6:10 pm

Jack has only ever had one mess in the house when we first got him. i was just wondering cause we do not have any trees in our yard but on our walks he always pees on them, not sure how he will be when we bring in the tree but it is coming in for sure and we will see what happens, the plants i do have in the house are small and on plant stands.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 3:57 pm

Ok so the tree came in on Sat afternoon, and we put everything on it last night and so far so good! all though they seem a bit off since we moved the crates into the kitchen area and are not sure whose crate is whos.... oh and Jack is not eating today?
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Probably saving room for the ornaments he's going to eat.

Sometimes the slightest change in routine will cause Ridik to skip a meal or two for a day or two. I wouldn't worry until day three, or if other signs are present.
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:31 pm

No problems here. Although Nanuk doesn't mark much on his walks, unlike our late Leo, who ran out of ammo before he'd quit!

He DOES love to take my Snoopy ornaments and hide them, tho!
Back to top Go down
sunshinehuskies
Teenager
Teenager
sunshinehuskies

Female Join date : 2009-05-25

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 10:33 pm

The first time we put a tree up our first Husky, Katie, killed it. We tried gates and teaching her to leaving it alone. I was already in the habit of no presents until the 24th from my cat...he would tear them up. Now I have a little three or four foot tree that sits on the mantle of my fireplace and presents are just brought out to be exchanged. I just put my little tree up tonight and Takoda watched me like a hawk. I could practically see the wheels in his head turning on how he could have fun with it. sunny
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sunshinehuskies
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Well it did not take long for us to have something go wrong! ken was taking a shower yesterday afternoon and it happened!
Ken found this on the floor
To tree or to not tree... IMG_2001

and then Sierra did this, this morning on the deck!
To tree or to not tree... IMG_2003

it was our kissing reindeers my mom gave us for our first christmas together Sad
i thought i had put them high enough on the tree for them to not get but i was wrong!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 2:58 pm

Wow- thanks for the picture of the puke! LOL.

To tree or to not tree... Hailey10
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:01 pm

To tree or to not tree... 20
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To tree or to not tree...   To tree or to not tree... Empty

Back to top Go down

To tree or to not tree...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1