It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Excited pee

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:28 pm

So Kiara is about 2 and I was really hoping she would grow out of her excited peeing. Anytime someone new comes in I have to grab her and tell them not to pet her cause she pees everywhere. Especially if it's someone she is used to seeing and hasn't seen in a long time. When I didn't see her for a couple months, I went outside and she was peeing everywhere and rolling around on her back and all in her pee... I really don't know If there is anyway to stop it. She doesnt pee unless she gets pet while freakibg out excited but it's hard to always be there to stop it... Anyone have this issue?
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-25

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:37 pm

omg so funny you brought this up as I was just talking about it last night! My female Dalmatian did this for the first 2 years we had her!! I thought she would never grow out of it and thankfully she did! I asked everyone the same question and always got the same answer "she'll grow out of it" and unfortunately that's the only advise I can give as well.

So random, but too funny not to share. Once we were at the vet and she was about 5 month's old sitting on my lap and the vet came out in the waiting room all excited saying "Hello!!!" well that's all it took and she pee'd all over my lap! affraid I didn't know what to do! Thankfully I have a great sense of humor and laughed it off, but boy was it embarrassing!

Anyway, back to you're girl- I hope she grow's out of it like mine did! If not, you can always ask you're vet for advise to make sure she doesn't have a ATI or something.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 12:50 pm

Ugh yea I figured it's just going to be that way.y brothers chihuahua did it and I was like so annoyed by it and now I have a dog that does it lol... At least my parents floor is mostly tile.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:38 pm

Yep! Willow does this. She goes crazy when she meets people so I am trying towork on her to be calmer. If she is ignored when someone comes over, she doesn't pee so that's the rule in my house. Once she calms down then people can pet her. It is pretty annoying... You would think after a year and a half of training she would have this down by now.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:09 pm

Lulu does both excited and submission peeing, and it drives both of us insane. I guess the vet kept telling Aaron that she would grow out of it, but she'll be 5 next month and she still does it. We have to be extraordinarily careful about petting her, and really can only do it on her terms. If you just reach over to pet her at any time, she pees all over the place. We have the rule in our house that guests (unless they are super familiar with her signals) just don't touch her at all. Even our vet here was like "yeah, she's a Cocker Sprinkler. They all do it" Excited pee 1625187496

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Excited pee 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:22 pm

It's so annoying.. Even if she just went potty outside its like she has a reserve tank for special occasions as back up.
Back to top Go down
huskies81
Puppy
Puppy
huskies81

Male Join date : 2012-01-01

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 am

When Sadie encounters another dog she pees, then lays down on her back and spreads her legs to be sniffed. Its kinda embarassing Doesnt matter where we are at, in the store house or outdoors she pees. When i found that white husky running on the road, i stopped and got out to grab him. Sadie climmed over in my seat and looked out the open door to see him. Yep, PISSED in my seat. So i had a wet seat, and a muddy stray to take care of.
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:51 pm

Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Danzig pees when he's excited but it's usally when were getting in the car or even when he's in trouble. He does the roll on his back while peeing too. He's 4 now so I gave up hope that he'll grow out of it.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 9:57 am

I know this thread is super old, but Mishka just recently (within the last couple of months) started excited peeing. He did it last night multiple times when we had some friends over. It was so annoying.

I think working on keeping him calm when "new" people come over and not letting them get him all excited will be the best thing. It's honestly more about getting the humans to do the right thing so the dog doesn't get so excited. Training people is harder than training a dog though!

LittleHouse
Puppy
Puppy
LittleHouse

Male Join date : 2013-07-07

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 4:26 pm

Ajax does this too. I've never had a dog do it, and it's so embarrassing. Hopefully he grows out of it soon.....
Back to top Go down
NewComer
Puppy
Puppy
NewComer

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyMon Jul 08, 2013 11:43 pm

Glad this thread was revived because Caper has started doing this just a couple weeks ago when he sees barking excited dogs. He hasn't played with another dog for over a month so when he comes up close to one and gets too excited he just squats and pees. First time was at my workplace too, when we walked past the kennel area. Embarassed Mopped it up before anyone came by! But now it seems like a habit because the next few times I brought him to work and we walked past the kennel (it's right in the hallway where we enter, so we can't avoid it) he sees the dogs in there and pees in that same spot... can't wait until he grows out of it!!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-06

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 9:57 am

Only advice I can offer is patience! They'll grow out of it. Juneau does this when friends come to our house that she hasn't seen in a while. She also does it while walking up to one of our friend's dog. She licks his face, then squats and pees.

My mom's dog does this too. The 'humans' have been trained to not get excited when we greet her. When we come home, we ignore Bailey and let her outside. Once she's outside, we greet her. Most of the time that works, but not always. Bailey likes to waddle and pee too -.- lol.
Back to top Go down
dragonthewhitedread
Teenager
Teenager
dragonthewhitedread

Male Join date : 2012-10-30

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyTue Jul 09, 2013 12:50 pm

omg, Dragon does this!! he just started like a month ago and every time we come home if we don't take him out right away he will get so excited and shoot pee all over the floor/couch/chair/etc. Finally, we learned that our excited voices and praises when we first see him is what sets him off so we come in leash him and let him out without petting or praising him until he is outside and has peed. Then he receives lots of love and affection. It's a bummer but I can't have him peeing everywhere inside! ha.
Back to top Go down
NewComer
Puppy
Puppy
NewComer

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee EmptyWed Jul 10, 2013 7:33 pm

dragonthewhitedread wrote:
omg, Dragon does this!! he just started like a month ago and every time we come home if we don't take him out right away he will get so excited and shoot pee all over the floor/couch/chair/etc.

lol! Caper just sprinkles the floor while he smiles and makes eye contact with me, if you can imagine that. haha!

About how long does it take for them to grow out of it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Excited pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: Excited pee   Excited pee Empty

Back to top Go down

Excited pee

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1