It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jrkujak
Puppy
Puppy
jrkujak

Female Join date : 2012-02-27

Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Come next month we'll be relocating to the NW suburbs and Nike will have to leave her puppy friend, Dakota. Since another puppy is a bit too much for us at the moment is there anyone in the NW suburb area that would like to get together for puppy dates? I'd still love for her to be able to socialize with other dogs once or twice a week and think it would be good to get her to know another friend Smile
Back to top Go down
evelazquez
Teenager
Teenager
evelazquez

Male Join date : 2012-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 7:01 pm

I'm right next to O'hare Airport. We could meet up depending on how far from there you are. Coquito has yet to socialize with another husky since we got him. There are 2 huskys in the next apartment complex but the owners won't let them socialize. They actually cross the street if they see us coming. I've waved at them a few times but they turn their heads as if they don't see me, therefore I gave up trying.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 8:35 pm

My parents are down near Plainfield, and we do bring the dogs up there from time to time. I wouldn't mind driving a bit to meet up with you guys when I'm up visiting.

We have had several new members from northern IL pop up, as well as a couple from downstate. You guys might want to look into starting an Illinois H2M2 group. It's a lot of fun and pretty easy to do, and I'd be happy to share what I did to help you guys start it up.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 10:33 pm

I am in Lake Villa, IL its more North but still close. Raven is very social, it would be fun to get together
Back to top Go down
evelazquez
Teenager
Teenager
evelazquez

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:46 pm

That's north of Round Lake Beach getting close to Wisconsin isn't it?
Back to top Go down
jrkujak
Puppy
Puppy
jrkujak

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
My parents are down near Plainfield, and we do bring the dogs up there from time to time. I wouldn't mind driving a bit to meet up with you guys when I'm up visiting.

We have had several new members from northern IL pop up, as well as a couple from downstate. You guys might want to look into starting an Illinois H2M2 group. It's a lot of fun and pretty easy to do, and I'd be happy to share what I did to help you guys start it up.

Plainfield wouldn't be too far for us. It would be good for her to meet some new friends.

Also, what is an H2M2 group? It sounds like it could be a good thing to get started if there are people popping up around the area.

Back to top Go down
jrkujak
Puppy
Puppy
jrkujak

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:38 pm

evelazquez wrote:
I'm right next to O'hare Airport. We could meet up depending on how far from there you are. Coquito has yet to socialize with another husky since we got him. There are 2 huskys in the next apartment complex but the owners won't let them socialize. They actually cross the street if they see us coming. I've waved at them a few times but they turn their heads as if they don't see me, therefore I gave up trying.

O'Hare wouldn't be too far either. That's sad that the neighbors aren't very friendly, that would be close and perfect for you.
Back to top Go down
jrkujak
Puppy
Puppy
jrkujak

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:39 pm

paleobones wrote:
I am in Lake Villa, IL its more North but still close. Raven is very social, it would be fun to get together

This is about an hour from where we'll be actually, not too far North! Nike is very social as well, maybe sometime we could meet up somewhere in between.
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 9:00 pm

I live in the Schaumburg area! idk if you're moving close by but if it's not to far... and if there is an illinois meetup I would definitely like to sign up!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:12 pm

Free Spirit rescue is doing a Husky stroll in June, I think. I would post the page link but I'm on my kindle.
Back to top Go down
evelazquez
Teenager
Teenager
evelazquez

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 10:14 pm

judalina wrote:
I live in the Schaumburg area! idk if you're moving close by but if it's not to far... and if there is an illinois meetup I would definitely like to sign up!
Now that's a hop skip and a jump. I used to go to SOW Starbucks on motorcycle a lot with a few friends.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:20 pm

jrkujak wrote:

Plainfield wouldn't be too far for us. It would be good for her to meet some new friends.

Also, what is an H2M2 group? It sounds like it could be a good thing to get started if there are people popping up around the area.

There is a really nice, HUGE park just down the road from my parents in Shorewood (very close to the intersection of I-55 and I-80), and I know dad talks about northern breeds being there all the time. It was really nasty the last time we were up there with the dogs, so there were only a couple other dogs in the park and no Huskies. Not sure about the rest of the Chicago area, but I'm sure there are several in the area. IL park districts are awesome. I miss IL...

H2M2 stands for Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle, and there are a bunch of them all over the country. They do monthly meet ups with other northern breed dogs in the area. I started up one down here, and have been floored by the number of Husky owners I'm running into. It's really not hard to do at all, and you can check out our page on Facebook. It's Husky Huddle and Malamute Mingle ~ Florida. There are actually a few groups here in Florida, I just run the Gulf Coast group.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 2:49 am

I don't know, if any of you are interested, but another Husky forum is having a 3 day Husky Camp in Ackley, IA. This might stand out more to Jason & Emily. If you're interested please PM me.
Back to top Go down
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyWed Apr 11, 2012 11:06 am

evelazquez wrote:
That's north of Round Lake Beach getting close to Wisconsin isn't it?

Yep were about 10 minutes north of Round Lake Beach and 5 miles or so from the WI border. Schaumburg is about 45 minutes from me.

A IL H2M2 would be great.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:43 pm

As I mentioned last night, I'm also near O'Hare (Franklin Park). I'd be willing to take the dogs out for a hike. There are plenty of Forest Preserve trails to enjoy.

evelazquez, you are not too far away at all! That pic of your puppy looks like it is along the Des Plaines River. I am very familiar with those trails. I've hiked all over that area. If you see me with one white, bi-eyed and one black and white, blue-eyed husky stop and say hi.
Back to top Go down
evelazquez
Teenager
Teenager
evelazquez

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 4:00 pm

Lead Dog wrote:

evelazquez, you are not too far away at all! That pic of your puppy looks like it is along the Des Plaines River. I am very familiar with those trails. I've hiked all over that area. If you see me with one white, bi-eyed and one black and white, blue-eyed husky stop and say hi.
Yep that's the place alright. If I see you I sure will stop and say hi ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?   Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone in the NW Chicago suburbs?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1