It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Pretty Boy Blaze in SC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kishirian
Newborn
Newborn
Kishirian

Male Join date : 2012-04-15

Pretty Boy Blaze in SC - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Blaze in SC   Pretty Boy Blaze in SC - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 6:41 pm

We took Blaze to the vet today and he did fairly well. He didn't like the temperature taking, so it was unsuccessful, but on the bright side. he has gained weight. He is now 67 lbs. He gained 11.7 lbs since he came back from Florida and he no longer has worms. The downside to this is that the humane society's vet clinic will not give him his dppv booster in 3 weeks unless we schedule him for a neutering on that day. I've been considering it, but I don't want to be forced into it.
Back to top Go down
huskylover103
Newborn
Newborn
huskylover103

Female Join date : 2012-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Blaze in SC   Pretty Boy Blaze in SC - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:56 am

Blaze and Comet are even more awesome in person! Smile
Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Blaze in SC   Pretty Boy Blaze in SC - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:02 am

I'll definitely have to hit you guys up when Zoe gets big enough!!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Blaze in SC   Pretty Boy Blaze in SC - Page 2 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 9:59 am

Personally I would get him neutered. There are health benefits to neutering and 8 months is a good time to do it. Plus you won't have to worry as much if he smells a female in heat. You wouldn't believe how insane they go! I had a dog try to climb in a window to get to one of my girls when she was in heat! And some males just flat out won't eat the entire time a female nearby is in heat!

I would understand if you wanted to wait until he was a little older, but if you were considering breeding, do your research first. There are far, far too many poorly bred siberians in shelters today and far too many BYB's and puppy mills the breed them like crazy. You should only breed if you are truely bettering the breed and to do that you want to start with a dog with an excellent pedigree, relatives and itself having no hip or eye problems (you x-ray hips at 2yrs and send in to OFA to get rated and check eyes yearly), make sure the dog fits the breed standard, does will in the show ring or racing or therapy, and is a good representation of the breed in both structure and temperment. Remember that almost all dogs are amazing. That's just how dogs are! But that doesn't mean every dog needs to be bred. There are far too many homeless pets out there for everyone to think it's fine to breed their dog with an unknown history or possible genetic health problems.

Anyway, contrats on your new boy and he looks like a light red and white to me!

Pretty Boy Blaze in SC - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Kishirian
Newborn
Newborn
Kishirian

Male Join date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Blaze in SC   Pretty Boy Blaze in SC - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 9:41 am

I talked with the breeder that owns Blaze's parents. He sent me a pic of his mom ( I lost it because my cell died). His mom is a copper/white with very similar markings to Blaze, while his dad is a light red. He said the reason for Blaze being listed as a sable on the paperwork was because he had the black nose and everything when he was born. It changed as he got older.

I've noticed the markings between his eyes are getting darker and the black stripe that was on the edge of his nose is getting thicker. He has also developed a bump about a half inch up from his nose. It's not producing heat and it doesn't seem to bother him, so I'm not sure if I should worry about it.

Back to his parents. Dusty is (guessing) 2.5' at shoulder and between 75-80 lbs. He is definitely 3.5' at eartips sitting.
Nina is around 2' at shoulder and between 70-75 lbs. She looks starved, but she just has a slender build like Blaze does.

At nine months (today), Blaze is 2' at shoulder and just over 70 lbs.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Blaze in SC   Pretty Boy Blaze in SC - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:02 am

light red
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Blaze in SC   Pretty Boy Blaze in SC - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:24 am

Blaze color looks alot like my new dog Kerian. She is a light red and white.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pretty Boy Blaze in SC   Pretty Boy Blaze in SC - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pretty Boy Blaze in SC

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2