It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks guys!

Sam, how did you teach Chili it's OK for them to run? Mya has a fit every time Kody and Asia are playing and running around. Mya is just being a total pain in the a$$! And little Ms. Asia is showing off her attitude too! She loves the squeaky tennis balls (Mya does too so that's not good..lol) so she brought one in with her and was laying on the couch chewing on it, Kody came in to try to play with her, and she held onto it really hard and growled at him. I was like OH NO YOU DIDN'T MUNCHKIN! No way I'm having another Diva on my hands!!! I took the ball away from her and gave her a FIRM no. A minute later I gave it back, took it from her a minute later, gave it back, etc. Then I brought Kody over (he didn't want to get to close..lol) and I took the ball and would give to Kody. Then back to Asia. I was at this for about 30min. Do you think that will work? Or is there another route I should take? If she were to do that to Mya there will be a huge problem!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:16 pm

I think that's best for now. She's coming from a 1 dog home (I'm sure) and doesn't get sharing. But I'm glad you got right on her for that, she needs to know what's up! First week is the worst. Lol

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:28 pm

arooroomom wrote:
I think that's best for now. She's coming from a 1 dog home (I'm sure) and doesn't get sharing. But I'm glad you got right on her for that, she needs to know what's up! First week is the worst. Lol

Ok, good! I wasn't sure how to handle it. She has such a little attitude! I'll inbox you on FB or post another thread in the next few days since I'm sure I'm going to have issues with her. She's already playing a bit too rough with Kody, pushes him out of the water bowl, etc. When you asked if she was "bossy" and I said no. Ha, maybe I was wrong. Her true colors are coming out, BUT she doesn't play that with Mya. Mya just gives her a small attack and she backs off crying.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 11:30 pm

Lol she sounds like Rodeo god help us.

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:23 am

MelissaI wrote:
Thanks guys!

Sam, how did you teach Chili it's OK for them to run? Mya has a fit every time Kody and Asia are playing and running around. Mya is just being a total pain in the a$$! And little Ms. Asia is showing off her attitude too!

We just tell him "it's ok, Chili" and let him know that everything's fine. Talk to him in a calm voice and don't react to her. He really hates when dogs are out of control, at day care too. He howls to show his displeasure. We just reinforce the natural pack structure, and in return he trains Frosti on the house rules and doggie/people manners. We just make sure he realizes we're the boss and that he can't be a brat around us.

Sounds like Asia is going to be above Kody in the pack structure unless he sets her straight, which doesn't sound like him? Don't fight it, even though it may feel wrong since he's been there longer. Good luck, she's sooo cute! Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:21 am

hollywoodhuskies wrote:

Sounds like Asia is going to be above Kody in the pack structure unless he sets her straight, which doesn't sound like him? Don't fight it, even though it may feel wrong since he's been there longer. Good luck, she's sooo cute! Smile

Yeah, I highly doubt he'll set her straight. MAYBE if there's something that he taking very seriously. Like a bone or something, but he gets his bone in his crate.

Girls rule and boys drool! lol!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm

This was yesterday in the morning. Mya being a pain of course Rolling Eyes

And here is little Asia yesterday as well. She's going to think her name is "little Asia". We keep calling her that. LOL

Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 4:05 pm

She is so cute..

Kody will help train her I can see that..

Mya will come around I think in time..
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Ugh whyyy must Miami be such a drive!! lol! I can't wait another week!! lol

Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 6:46 pm

Dude, Asia and Kody are just too cute together! Mya will warm up soon, it looks like she's acting a bit like Lulu does.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 8:13 pm

I would nick name Asia " Diva in Training" or "Princess in Training" I am sure Mya will teach her how to be a Diva or a Princess..

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 9:18 pm

I can't wait to get my laptop fixed! I can't view videos on my kindle. Can you post more pics of little Asia????
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 10:17 pm

Kristina, I knowwwwwwwww! Ugh, why do we have to be so far away from each other Sad

Mindy, I tried to take some pics just now, but the battery on the camera was dead. I'll take some more over the weekend and post them Very Happy

While I ran to the grocery store really quick hubby got this video tonight. They're so freaking cute! I feel so bad for Mya though. Totally left out Sad

Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

Female Join date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 8:55 am

Awwe, lol poor Mya! Looks like you're going to have to get a forth dog to even out those numbers! Wink
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 20, 2012 3:10 pm

Snow White wrote:
Awwe, lol poor Mya! Looks like you're going to have to get a forth dog to even out those numbers! Wink

affraid Ummm, no thanks lol!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptySat May 05, 2012 5:43 pm

Well, apparently some random huskies do bark! My other 2 NEVER bark at ANYTHING with the exception of asking me for something.

Back to top Go down
g0tmus1c
Puppy
Puppy
g0tmus1c

Female Join date : 2012-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 10:56 pm

hahahaha! My Luna barks when she hears people walking by but only sometimes. I love the video your husband took, Mya's face is priceless! She does not hold back with her expressions!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:09 am

Mya is very dramatic! Razz

Here they are last night having a mini whining competition!

Eddy, this one is just for you since we all know how much you enjoy the whining huskies Wink

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:50 pm

looks like you have a Jack on your hands Smile i love how close kody and asia are, poor mya Sad

Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 2:37 pm

They are so precious when they play and have "whining competitions", hahah! Having multiple huskies looks like so much fun, even if one is a diva Wink She'll come around I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed May 09, 2012 10:32 pm

I know. I feel so bad for my baby Sad It's like I'm happy for Kody that he has Asia, but sad for Mya b/c she lost her buddy. Even though they were never nearly as close as Kody and Asia, but at least Mya would play with him. Now he could care less. Oh well. Everything happens for a reason right?
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 8:22 pm

We've had Asia for a month today and she's definitely crazier than we thought...

Heather just for you! This is after their walk so she's much calmer Razz

She's a mean little thing Razz Oh and excuse the mess guys!

Back to top Go down
astrobouncer
Newborn
Newborn
astrobouncer

Male Join date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 12:49 am

Great videos thanks for sharing. Asia reminds me a lot of my one female named Wolfie. Wolfie wont leave Prince alone either, constantly attacking him and throwing him down when they play. Their other sister named Silver used to be that rough too but she has since grown out of most of it.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:02 am

I had to post this video from this morning. Mya had just been on the couch wrestling with them for the first time!! Minute I grabbed my phone she jumped off, but she's still trying to play. Then Asia goes bonkers Shocked

Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:07 am

LOL they are so cute!! I love how they are all going crazy Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   home - Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next